100 laps

thumper

B) Okay the dumb a__ without the fire suit was me and it was quite ill advised. To many things and too little time is no excuse BUT I was disqualified and it was not the rest of the officials fault. No special exceptions were made for me, They did not know until it was over and done at which time I was dressed down by tech,line up, and last but not least my wife for this indescretion. My car was parked and the battery removed(mitzi has it locked up)and I can only drive under allison comp car events where I cannot be stupid on my own

Michael

B) Okay the dumb a__ without the fire suit was me and it was quite ill advised. To many things and too little time is no excuse BUT I was disqualified and it was not the rest of the officials fault. No special exceptions were made for me, They did not know until it was over and done at which time I was dressed down by tech,line up, and last but not least my wife for this indescretion. My car was parked and the battery removed(mitzi has it locked up)and I can only drive under allison comp car events where I cannot be stupid on my own

Michael

i changed this from what i said to .we all have done some dumb things in a race car ..noone is perfect ..id like to know who is ..cuz i know you would just be fooling yourself .

Heres a story about dumb things that might be intresting.Many years ago,early 70s,my brother went to Edinburg Speedway to race his VW.I was somewhere else that nite.Racing was pretty relaxed back then and nobody wore firesuits or even had window nets.Antway he went out for hot laps but did not buckle his seat belt or strap his helmet.The track had no wall in the backstrech.Anyway he hit a wet spot and slid off the track in the back strech.The track sloped down sharply past the actual surface and he rolled the bug over.His helmit fell off and he fell out of his seat and knocked himself out on the rollbar.The ambulance hauled him to the hospital but on the way it overheated so they stopped at a gas station for water.By then Austin had woke up and got out of the ambulance to help the medics cool down the engine cause they did not know what to do.When the engine was cooled enough he got back in the back and laid down.He was treated for a mild concussion.I wonder if any one else has a story

Archived