100 laps

thumper

I was wondering if the enduro was still on and if other tracks cars are invited to run as they are.I cant remember ever running 100 laps and dont know if the RF tire will last that long on a FWD.Looks like a good time to find out.Maybe they will pay 5$ a lap to win :lol: OT,I know you cant run this race,you would need a nap before 100 laps :D Is a 4 gal tank big enough????

I was wondering if the enduro was still on and if other tracks cars are invited to run as they are.I cant remember ever running 100 laps and dont know if the RF tire will last that long on a FWD.Looks like a good time to find out.Maybe they will pay 5$ a lap to win :lol: OT,I know you cant run this race,you would need a nap before 100 laps :D Is a 4 gal tank big enough????

YEP YOU MAYBE RIGHT ..YOU WOULD BORE ME TO SLEEP ..... :D

Hey Thumper,

How bout a 4 cyl race with....

Texas Thunders, TPS cars, Allison Legacy's, Valley 4-cyl.

Have a trophy for the top finishing car in each class. 100 laps, run them all at the same time.

Sure would like to see a race with more than 10 cars on the track at once.

Just an idea.

Mel

Hey Thumper,

How bout a 4 cyl race with....

Texas Thunders, TPS cars, Allison Legacy's, Valley 4-cyl.

Have a trophy for the top finishing car in each class. 100 laps, run them all at the same time.

Sure would like to see a race with more than 10 cars on the track at once.

Just an idea.

Mel

this word comes to mind ...wreckfest ...

how much are they going to pay out for the top five ..j/w

Thats what i want to know. We were wondering because lets say that you complete the 100 laps and take 5th or 6th how is the normal payout going to be feesable when you spent 70 on fuel and colllect 45 or 40? I think if we get good car count at least the top 8 should get a better payout makeing the enitre feild be more competitve rather than just the top four cause after fourth place its just not worth trying.

To me racing a Thunder costs about the same as a go cart.How much does Funtrackers charge for 100 laps and how much do they pay for winning?I practice 50 to 75 laps most nites,not because I am testing,its just fun to race around the track.Eventually many of the V8 guys that parked their gas gusslers will see that racing a Thunder is much more satisfing than being the audience.If I make all the 100 laps I will have used about 4 gals of premium gas and about 10% of my tires if that much.Wear and tear does not count because my car is built out of wore out stuff anyway.\Im still running on 2006 tires.For me the biggest cost is the diesel fuel to make the trip so the number of laps does not matter that much.

I wish this was an open comp race like Gator was and paid what Gator paid.With 3,000$ to win and 500$ to start I heard the same complaints about the back pay at both of their open comp races.But racing against champions from 5 states was its own reward.Buying only a pit pass,no redgestration fees,not having to buy the car a pit pass,CC is the cheapest place to race still.I also think its cheaper than renting a go cart.

One thing I can say for the V8 guys is they are usually intrested in what a race pays to win because everyone of them expects they will win.I havent heard any of them wanting to race for 10th.I almost never win one of these big races because something happens.But I will try.Luck is a real equalizer in endurance races.

So its up to everyone to decide if they want to race or watch.Im racing

I should be there on sat if i do not have to work till 6 o'clock i still would like to know the complete pay out iam about a top 5 car sometimes better but about 5th is the best it is fun if not would not race

I wish this was an open comp race like Gator was and paid what Gator paid.With 3,000$ to win and 500$ to start I heard the same complaints about the back pay at both of their open comp races.But racing against champions from 5 states was its own reward.

We are waiting on an open competition race, to bring the rabbit out. Not sure about a 100 lapper being we have never run asphalt, plus being up here in the DFW area, being quit a haul.

hey mike will there be any type of practice for any out of town cars like on friday for the hundred lapper. just thought i would ask in case of any dirt cars needing set up time aswell as track time.

I am going to bring my wifes sts bomber car to run in the 100 lap Truestock race on the 19th and Scott Diem will bring a bomber car to race also. We race for fun and we dont care what it pays for 2nd or 3rd or last. We race for fun: We race for fun:

Racer 88

Bobby Jack

How many of the thunders are gonna be there? Sure would like to see the track full of them. Oldtimer, you planning on being there?

we planed on it .but i found something with the motor after inspection .so we wont be there ..you running ..we may have a set of tires laying around for the other car ..some throw togethers ..

4 more cars? How many purestocks do they have right now? Most of us are probably going to finish out the season at the dirt track and make our decision in the off season. I dont have a fleet of cars like the old days, my wife and I are the only people from Rockport still racing. I think the high fuel prices have killed most of the racers plans for future racing. See you next week.

Bobby Jack

As A fan went to the track for the first time this year , couldnt stay to see the feature races .

there was two long intermissions

On another note there was a ten lap demonstration put on by the allision legacy cars and I noticed one of the drivers not wearing a fire suit is it not mandatory or special rules for certain drivers.J.M.O. :unsure:

As A fan went to the track for the first time this year , couldnt stay to see the feature races .

there was two long intermissions

On another note there was a ten lap demonstration put on by the allision legacy cars and I noticed one of the drivers not wearing a fire suit is it not mandatory or special rules for certain drivers.J.M.O. :unsure:

Not wearing a firesuit is just plain stupid even if it's practice. I sur hope his driveshaft was painted, that could have got him run off.

Archived