Sat nite

thumper

IN THE FORTY FIVE YEARS PLUS I HAVE BEEN AROUND RACEN . I CAN COUNT ON ONE HAND HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE SEEN A DRIVE SHAFT FALL OUT OF A CAR ..AND NEVER TWO AT A TIME ..UNLESS BOTH RIPED THIER REAR ENDS OUT .....WIEGHT THATS ANOTHER STORY ..LARRY KRAUS IT THE WALL AT CC AND A 50 POUND WIEGHT BROKE THROUGH HIS FRONT HOOD AND ENDED UP GOING THROUGH FATMANS DOOR ONTO HIS FLOORBOARD ...SCARY ..I HAVE THAT ON VIDEO .

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IN THE FORTY FIVE YEARS PLUS I HAVE BEEN AROUND RACEN . I CAN COUNT ON ONE HAND HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE SEEN A DRIVE SHAFT FALL OUT OF A CAR ..AND NEVER TWO AT A TIME ..UNLESS BOTH RIPED THIER REAR ENDS OUT .....WIEGHT THATS ANOTHER STORY ..LARRY KRAUS IT THE WALL AT CC AND A 50 POUND WIEGHT BROKE THROUGH HIS FRONT HOOD AND ENDED UP GOING THROUGH FATMANS DOOR ONTO HIS FLOORBOARD ...SCARY ..I HAVE THAT ON VIDEO .

Mike, the lead wasn't bolted down. If it was then it wouldn't have come loose. You can bet from there on out all lead was bolted down. This is a good rule and should not be compromised. Could've been real ugly.

Mel Krauss

Mike, the lead wasn't bolted down. If it was then it wouldn't have come loose. You can bet from there on out all lead was bolted down. This is a good rule and should not be compromised. Could've been real ugly.

Mel Krauss

you should know it was your dads car ..still miss him ..

We have a VHS of it around here somewhere...

As I recall, pops was passing a car coming off of 4, the cars got together, outside car's LF into dads RR, which turned him directly into the wall. The lil VW hit head-on and seemed to lift up and twirl violently, which threw the unbolted lead, it was strapped not bolted, across the track into Dale's car. Just lucky it didn't fly out 180 degrees from there. It could have went into the crowd.

Mel

On another note, Fatman sure was a lot of fun to watch and race with. Sure miss him. Anyone on here remember his #43 stocker that resembled Richard Petty's Nascar ride "back in the day." He always put on a great show!

pat johnson and larry got together i beleive and it put him into the wall ..head on purty much ..hard hit ..i have to look for the vedeo .its around somewhere ..that wieght came out so fast .i didnt see it the first time ....

On another note, Fatman sure was a lot of fun to watch and race with. Sure miss him. Anyone on here remember his #43 stocker that resembled Richard Petty's Nascar ride "back in the day." He always put on a great show!

i m thinking flagman took over that car ..we called it tank .and had good reason ..it killed alot of cars ..and tore up alot of wall ..and kept going ..that car was solid ... you either beat it .or got the hell out of the way ..lol mel i had fun racen you ..

i m thinking flagman took over that car ..we called it tank .and had good reason ..it killed alot of cars ..and tore up alot of wall ..and kept going ..that car was solid ... you either beat it .or got the hell out of the way ..lol mel i had fun racen you ..

That ain't no kiddin' my very first race lasted 4 laps because of that car :o

Archived