Sat nite

thumper

I have been reading this post for the last couple days. I see both sides on this one. I have ran enduros at this track with bumpers, tires, cars and all kinds of crap all over the track that we raced through. seen all kinds of boat trailer and chain races with a bunch of carnage everywhere. prolly not the best thing to do. A good friend of mine had a fuel cell fall out of a car in front of him in practice one afternoon, that was pretty bad. safty rules are the most important rules. I still hate to see this happen. not right now anyway. like I said I see both sides of this one but with car counts low an stuff, this one seems alittle tough. but you got to give it to Mike, he is sticking to his guns. and he pays cash!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is living proof that we can have a civil discussion about a very controversial issue without bashing! What a concept!

I too can see both sides and both sides have very good points. Whenever I have been a tech official, I would do a lot of pre-race inspections and issue discrepancy sheets for things that needed to be fixed by next week. I'd keep a record and go around and make sure things were fixed to my satisfaction. If not, they didn't get to run. While that may be bad, it's not nearly as bad as be DQ'd.

Not saying this is what should happen. It's just how I used to handle it.

Nick

This is the first time I have ever heard of anyone being DQ'ed for a non-performance item. I, however, heard of many recommendations and warnings by track officials regarding safety items. I don't agree that because an official passes your car in safety inspection deems it "safety legal". They can't catch everything. On the other hand, if the safety of the drivers and crowd are a big concern of the track, then the track should have addressed this safety issue before now. DQing a guy for non-painted lead is chickenshit! And I hope this post will not be considered bashing, but constructive or helpful.

I agree with you Mike

I would never downplay safety. My car is built as safe as a car can be. But drivers have hundreds of things to check on there cars. I would of thought that with the safety tech in place since the beginning of the season, if a driver overlooked something, then as Nick said, they would have been given a week to fix what needed to be fixed. With that being said......If any of those drivers that got DQ'd had been given a warning about their lead or driveshafts not being painted at any time previously, then they deserved to get DQ'd.

So, did any of you drivers in the 14 or so weeks of racing and 14 pre-race techs get any kind of warning? If so, then it's your fault. If not, then refer to Mike's post.

i want to see what this is going to do to the points average deal.they never post who has raced, how many weeks and what each others points average is.does this night count towards that?did they check the 4th place cars lead???

john henry

Call Michael and ask him.

Manny, good thing they didn't pass you through safety tech, let you race, and then disqualify you after you raced.........get it.......that would just be.......refer to Mike's post.

Oh well, what is done is done. I need to check the go kart rules again!!!!!

Manny, good thing they didn't pass you through safety tech, let you race, and then disqualify you after you raced.........get it.......that would just be.......refer to Mike's post.

Oh well, what is done is done. I need to check the go kart rules again!!!!!

Does the track do a safety tech? or a race tech?

Does everyone in CC race with a good driving suit? not one that has been ran thru the washing machine 130 times. what about gloves? I would hope nobody is racing without gloves. These little things will keep you safe.

I am not defending the track or any driver in particular, but safety should be a little closer to the top on everyones totem pole. If you don't feel your safety is that important, then consider those around you. I just see so many times safety takes a back seat to the need to win.

I have been reading this post for the last couple days. I see both sides on this one. I have ran enduros at this track with bumpers, tires, cars and all kinds of crap all over the track that we raced through. seen all kinds of boat trailer and chain races with a bunch of carnage everywhere. prolly not the best thing to do. A good friend of mine had a fuel cell fall out of a car in front of him in practice one afternoon, that was pretty bad. safty rules are the most important rules. I still hate to see this happen. not right now anyway. like I said I see both sides of this one but with car counts low an stuff, this one seems alittle tough. but you got to give it to Mike, he is sticking to his guns. and he pays cash!

Will I remember that race cause it was me that it fell out in front of. It was the fuel cell out of the 47 car ended up costing me that feature it allowed the feild to catch back up to me GB i think it was pasted me on the outside with 2 laps to go. Should of hit him lol. ......Oh yeah maybe they should paint fuel cells white cause you never know what idiots gonna have lack of work ethics when it comes to building a race car.

Happy 4th guys.Ive already tossed back a few and just wanted to say if anybody is having a party that watches the sun go down and also watches the sun come back up,I wish I was there too.I feel lucky to live in a country that gives me the freedom to live.With all our differences its good to know we can come together as Americans when needed.Thank you to every soldier who has fought for our freedom.

As for this ordeal,to the racers,you may have gotten a short stick but it was preventable.To the track,I say you can get compliance without unyielding unmerceyfulliness.Please lets all of os work for the goal that benifits us all./I know we can do it.We have the freedom to choose,whats it going to be?

I know how it feels to be DQed.Last year I was told to not come back to my local track.I asked why and was told my car was illegal.They did not know why,but it had to be because I was a Corpus car.I was ready to assemble a dedicated car however they wanted.Now thats not freedom.I find myself back at CC Speedway becaust its the place where you can be yourself.

I still feel theres enough energy to get this place kicking flowers again.Whose got the guts???????

Thumper....you racin this sat???? Comin down from SA and was hopin to see some GREAT 4 cyl action. Johnny we will be lookin for some of that Rico style BBq :lol::lol: .. See everyone tomorrow. :) And Lalo,

GHETTO BABY :lol::lol:

Archived