First Annual "Firecracker 3000" Set at I-37 Raceway

Yes, the edna bombers can run with our pure stocks tomorrow night. As long as ya'll meet our pure stock weight, no bead locks, and you have 8" tires.

If anyone has any questions/concerns about their cars, you can have them teched before the race, to make sure that you are indeed okay.

Hey Monty, does that mean your racing with us tomorrow???

Yes, the edna bombers can run with our pure stocks tomorrow night. As long as ya'll meet our pure stock weight, no bead locks, and you have 8" tires.

If anyone has any questions/concerns about their cars, you can have them teched before the race, to make sure that you are indeed okay.

Hey Monty, does that mean your racing with us tomorrow???

If we're rained out, I think several of us could head that way. I need to call you though. I'll call in a few minutes. Need clarification on the tires. Here's the deal... We don't run beadlocks . But, we do run a tire called the Hoosier Dirt Bozz. It is a 245, 255 or 265 max. I believe the footprint is 8" wide, but we many of us run a 10" wide wheel. This is very important for us to get clarified as this is the only tires most of us have. We do not want to haul and then have a problem. Very, very important for us to know for sure.

Here is a update as of right now:

I just got a phone call from Eric, and the track is good. It is prep'ed and ready to go.

Yes, the track did get a shower for about 20 minutes this afternoon, but it has dried up nicely. Granted turn 3 is alittle "wet" at the bottom, but by tomorrow it will be just fine.

Tomorrow morning/afternoon, I will give everyone another update.

See you guys/gals tomorrow!!!

Yes, we are running tonight.

Gates open at 4pm

Races start at 8pm

The guys are out at the track right now, preping the track.

I will be leaving here very shortly, to head to the track to start getting things ready. So if anyone has any more questions, please give me a call (210-478-0111).

I know that Edna and the Valley have all cancelled today and alot of those cars are coming our way. Most driver's will be giving me a call before they leave to head this way. If anything changes, I will be calling all driver's that I know are coming. Frank will also be calling driver's if need be. And I will have someone post it on here.

As of right now, WE ARE RACING!!!

Doppler Radar Hopefully this will break up before it gets here.

Couple of chumps from THR are out there and the track did indeed dodge a bullet. It's nice and dry and the sun is peeking through what little clouds there are. It's on like donkey kong(whatever that means).

Archived