TPS's RICO GUTIRREZ

TPS's RICO GUTIERREZ

Rico Gutierrez has open heart surgery

Corpus Christi

#29 Texas Pro Sedan driver Rico Gutierrez underwent open heart surgery on June 23rd in Corpus Christi.

His doctors performed a triple bypass in a surgical procedure which lasted 4 1/2 hours. Rico is scheduled to remain in ICU for about 3 days. He will probably remain in Corpus Christi's Doctor's Regional Hospital for a week to 10 days.

The Chief Surgeon described the surgical procedure as successful and anticipates Rico's complete recovery in 3 to 4 months.

Rico is also the Crew Chief on the #26 Ford Mustang driven by Lalo Leal. He spent the week before his surgical appointment repairing #26's crash damage received on June 14 at Red River Speedway.

This post was written from information supplied by Lalo Leal on June 23 at 8:00pm.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

i was amazed at what rico had acomplished on lalo.s car .alot of damage replaceing the front snoult .. even at his own risk and safety with him needing this operation in a most serious way ..we all know what kinda work you have to put into these cars even when they are not wrecked .. hot days and in weak state this man stood above us all ... rico your the man .get well my friend . we will help lalo out at the track .but we cant replace you ..

Rico,

No amount of words could say how much everyone is wishing you a full and speedy recovery. I know how much hard work and pride you put into the cars not only yours and Lalo's but ours as well. You have suffered through alot of personal pain to make sure these cars run. I thank you for your tireous work and hope now you can be pain free. Will see you soon my friend.

Ozzy

Rico,

No amount of words could say how much everyone is wishing you a full and speedy recovery. I know how much hard work and pride you put into the cars not only yours and Lalo's but ours as well. You have suffered through alot of personal pain to make sure these cars run. I thank you for your tireous work and hope now you can be pain free. Will see you soon my friend.

Ozzy

we tried and did get him onto the cart at red river ..i got mad at him alittle when he walked instead of rideing .. tried to push the cars away from the scales .....pride i suppose ..he worked really hard with me on the 7 when they called for line up .30 minutes early .didnt have it running ..i thought aboult it later he should not have working so hard ...on top of his bbq.ing ...now he will feel alot better and alot more energy .and we will be in big trouble ...hey thats the kind i can take ........and i thank lalo for calling me to run for a tool to fix his carb in line up ..though we didnt fix it .it was my pleassure to help lalo and keep rico from haveing to walk or run so far ...hey i will always be happy to help ...

Wishin' you a speedy recovery Rico.

The latest Rico Gutierrez report ...............

Rico was moved out of ICU and into a regular patient room. He is in room #360 of the Doctor's Regional Hospital, 3315 South. Alameda, Corpus Christi, TX 78411.

If you'd like to talk him during traditional daytime hours, call (361) 761-1582, ask for connection to room #360.

This post was written from information supplied by Lalo Leal on June 25 at 7:00pm. Lalo also reports that Rico requested, received and ate a hamburger.

btw: A get well card was signed by a large number of TPS Drivers, Crews and Officials and sent to Rico 25 days ago.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

The latest Rico Gutierrez report ...............

Rico was moved out of ICU and into a regular patient room. He is in room #360 of the Doctor's Regional Hospital, 3315 South. Alameda, Corpus Christi, TX 78411.

If you'd like to talk him during traditional daytime hours, call (361) 761-1582, ask for connection to room #360.

This post was written from information supplied by Lalo Leal on June 25 at 7:00pm. Lalo also reports that Rico requested, received and ate a hamburger.

btw: A get well card was signed by a large number of TPS Drivers, Crews and Officials and sent to Rico 25 days ago.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

wasnt that card sent to bobby ...or was there one i didnt see ..

Oldtimer: Upon receiving the news of his motorcycle accident, Bobby Burrows get well card was signed on April 12 and was sent to him on April 13.

Two get well cards, one for former TPS driver and current sponsor Steve Foster and Rico's get well card was announced and signed at the May 31 TPS Drivers Meeting. Perhaps you didn't attend, as usual.

Their get well cards were mailed to them June 1.

NeilTPS Posted Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Oldtimer: Upon receiving the news of his motorcycle accident, Bobby Burrows get well card was signed on April 12 and was sent to him on April 13.

Two get well cards, one for former TPS driver and current sponsor Steve Foster and Rico's get well card was announced and signed at the May 31 TPS Drivers Meeting. Perhaps you didn't attend, as usual .

Their get well cards were mailed to them June 1.

whhooooop

there it is oldtimer

now what ya got to say

Archived