Dirt Cars racing on Asphalt

fastowner

CC Speedway is looking at running some dirt modifieds and super stocks on Friday nights on the asphalt. Same basic rules as Saratoga speedway with a few minor changes, no sway bars allowed, a ride height rule, weight rules for left side and rear percentages, etc. The super stocks would need to put the G-60 IMCA tire on their car to avoid tearing up the soft 10 inch tires but that is fairly cost effective. The g-60's will hold up for several races and the wore out g-60's actually work better than the good ones. We will offer the same purse as was offered at Saratoga if we can get the interest. We only want to do this 2 times a month and may kick it off with a 1000 to win modified race. Also we will only race on non-TAMS weekends and TAMS cars are not allowed.

Any good ideas on getting the Corpus dirt cars out of the garage and on the track.

NOT a bad idea---

with GUARANTEED purse--am sure will get some interest

NO sway bar in front---why ?

as i read it---no car that is registered with TAMA allow to compete,

if this is correct, it will prob help car count

Really hard to take true dirt chassis and compete against a ture

pavement constructed car.

Friday nites be perfect for those guys that want to tow outta

town and run Saturdays.

Not really too much to change on car if basic chassis rules and

engine rules are compatible

I hear someone is talking to Gary Wright about the dirt track. He is talking about leasing the track and maybe buying it . This would give Dirt racers a place to race again in Corpus .He just needs to know drivers are interested. From what we hear the purses will be better and so will the future for the track. Don't get me wrong racing at two local tracks is more than just racing at one. See how versatile people can be ?

Heard same thing about Saratoga----BUT----will it open

The pavement track is OPEN and racing

Be nice to have 2 tracks to run--close to home

Getting tired of these 400 mile tow s------

In reference to TAMS cars not allowed---

Does this mean TAMS registered car with number not allowed

or TAMS registered driver not allowed

Please post some RULES---so plans can be made

I was actually not thinking that TAMS registered cars would not be allowed to race. If a car that runs in TAMS can meet the dirt car rules then it would be OK. Thats why we have rules like no sway bar. Most dirt modifieds don't run sway bars, most tams cars have ride heights of 4" or lower, we will put a ride height rule of 5" or higher. Just a thought. Guys like John Heinaman and Bruce Beddoe have both dirt and TAMS cars, can't really stop them from bringing their dirt car out. Lawrence will run his dirt car with TAMS then go run dirt the next week. The real key is the rules.

i like the idea of running friday nites at speedway. i am just not sure about these so-called dirt car rules. there is not a lot to do to most dirt cars to be able to run on pavement.

i feel that most dirt cars would be at disadvantage to true pavement car but we need to be able to make our cars handle also. too much deviation from basic pavement theories will not allow us to race competively, cause a lot of damage from squirrelly race cars, and eat up tires. adding a swaybar is a minimal task and expense (must be oem for frame including mounting etc.) can get left side % very easily (offsets and lead) minimum ride height approximately 4-5" ( may be best equallizer to low slung true pavement car) and certainly do not want excess rear % ( push like dumptruck)

sounds good to me but being from Houston I could not make a Friday night race. How about running on Saturday 2 times a mo.

It is easier than you think to make a dirt car work on pavement.

Also how about something for the limited modifieds. There are a lot of them that would like to run on pavement, but the track in Houston does not want to pay any money!!!

Jason

Jason you an Kenny may not see eye to eye but just because he is writing in caps is not a reason for a person to be banned from this forum this is an area that everybody ought to be able to say what they want as long as it's not directely taking aim at somebody. also kenny and his folks spend there money to race no matter whos drives the car so let him say his peace may not be your veiw on the world of racing but it is from somebody that races and supports motorsports ...THANKS

supertx,

I have no problem with Kenny expressing his views. I do have a problem with someone who refuses to listen to the site admins. I asked nicely and he gives me a smartass response. I don't play these 12 year old games. I am tired of this "smartass" attitude and I will not be taking it anymore on this site from him.

Jason

maybe not everyone knows that writing in CAPS means your yelling,so you being the .......mr,admin allows you to nickname someone and then ask them not to write in caps,or else?it's kinda like free speech, you can write in caps, bold, chinese,as long as your not directing your comments at a certain indiviual! JMO!

Has anyone heard any more about Saratoga opening. I heard it was going to re open but.... just a few days ago I heard the deal fell through. I sure hope not. It will be nice to have another local track to run at. Dirt is a blast.

Archived