$2,000 extra added to Limiteds Modifeds Purse

TRP

Mark your calendars and plan ahead.... At last Saturday's event, we announced several classes with increased money some very generous sponsors over the next month. Four classes will have notable extra money during the July 4th and July 5th events. This includes Limited Modifieds and Modifieds on July 4th, and Super Stocks and Mini-Stocks on July 5th. All additional funds are from sponsors who have chosen the classes they sponsor. More to come on that soon.

But, mark your calendar now for June 21st. Limited Modifieds will have an extra $2,000 added to their purse. This will be divided from 2nd back, with a max of 24 for cars starting the feature. This is added on top of the regular purse. This means approx $87 extra for each place, 2nd - 24th if 24 cars start the feature. For example, if 24 start the feature, it will mean a minimum of approximately $127 ($87 + $40) simply to start the feature. You can view the complete regular payout at http://www.texanaracewaypark.org/driversarea.html and calculate several scenarios for each place.

Of the $2,000 extra on June 21st, Dr. David Meredith (family practice physician from Gonzales County and Texana Limited Modified competitor) is sponsoring $1,000. Thank you Dr. Meredith for your sponsorship!

During a time of rising fuel prices and other expenses, it's great to offer some incentives back to the competitors who put on a great show each event! Stay tuned..

Keeping this topic to the front. A normal purse for a full field of Limiteds (24 cars) totals $2,315, starting with the normal $600 to win. Adding the extra $2,000 just about doubles the purse.

At a minimum, you'll get approx $127 just for qualifying for the feature and starting. If 24 cannot make the call to the feature, interestingly the start money goes up as the extra $2,000 divided from 2nd back will remain consistent and be divided between the cars starting the featrue. If simply start the feature, your sitting good financially.

Another example is if only 21 cars can make the call to the feature. Then, the extra $2,000 is divided from 2nd - 21st. Divide the extra $2,000 among 20 cars and it means a minimum of $140 to start the feature. You can work a number of scenarios..

At a minimum, you'll get more than double your entry and transponder rental fee just for making it into and starting the feature..

This will be a 30 Lap Race.

Be sure and spread the word to other drivers that may not read this forum and may not visit Texana routinely! Should be a real good night

I think its great that the track is going to use all those cool tech tools to keep the cherry pickers honest. Outstanding, tech, tech, tech...!!!! That borescope is really cool too, I would have never thought you could get clear enough to be able to read the piston part numbers, with the heads on! That thing is small enough where you could go down the dipstick and look at crank and rods too.

We (Texana Raceway Park) absolutely do want the visiting teams!!! It's good for the fans to see new drivers compete with the regular competitors. It makes for a good show. First time visitors are a tremendous boost and compliment along with the raceway's regular competitors. We truly value both our regular competitors and visiting teams.

This is a great opportunity to make a visit with some financial incentive to boot. We will treat everyone equal, and visiting teams are an important compontent to a successful show. If you've got a limited, please do consider bringing it out for this show. We'll do our best to make sure you have a good time.

thx - Monty

Monty,

I know you want first time visitors. I was just harrasing vl a little bit. We will be there with a limited modified and a modified because of the extra incentive. I hear great things about what you are doing so we have wanted to race there anyway. This will help us pay for all the gas it takes. Hopefully we can become regulars. Thanks for all your efforts and to your sponsors for this opportunity.

Im sorry if I projected the idea that I didnt want first timers. I really like competing with good clean drivers from different tracks. I just know what money does to some people, and thinking we are some little hick track that wouldnt know a carb spacer from a wheel spacer, might be inclinded to stap a 6" rod motor with dart heads and .488 dome pistons with a 38# crank, on a destoked 400 block in their limited and come show us hillbillies how its done...lol. I just want a fair playing field thats all, and I know the track has the tools to keep it that way. Please bring your cars, it should be a blast.

I understood what you meant and I agree with you.

"a 6" rod motor with dart heads and .488 dome pistons with a 38# crank, on a destoked 400 block in their limited" :o

See you on the 21st.

After all I want to be the biggest cheater there, with my 372cid motor....lol (inside joke)

Thx all. June 21st should be a really good show.

Hey on a side note, and more to come on this later, we are working with two radio stations (one being the largest in the Golden Crescent) on some 30 second commercials during the week of June 30th - July 4th, for the July 4th Sprint Car show. In addition we're providing some tickets for on air give-aways as well. That'll hold the potential to reach out to some folks who might not normally go to a dirt track race. And, we are trying to iron out having a two-hour live remote on the afternoon of July 4th with the KFC / Taco Bell in Edna along with 4 or 5 of the Sprint Cars so folks can come out and see those cars up close before the show. The air time is a done deal, and we're hoping to get the live-remote locked in. The live remote will be really cool if we get that completely ironed out. It looks very promising and as soon as we can get the ink dry on that, we'll let everyone know so you can tell your friends. Hoping a lot of the limiteds and mods will also be working up the coast following the Sprints for the three days.

Anyway just a little preview of what we are doing behind the scenes for that event. We had just over 800 general admission fans last week and it would be great to break 1,000 fans on June 21st and 1,500 or more on July 4th.

Now, back on subject.... Hurry up and get her June 21st. Rain now to help the farmers and don't rain next Friday or Saturday....

If I'm able to make this race will I have to pay a registration fee? how much is the transponder rental?

Yes, you'll need to pay the registration fee your first night out as this (6/21) will be a regular points event (one time for the season, $25). The race fee is $40 for car and driver. All other pit passes (crew, etc) are $20 for regular nights.

The transponder rental fee is $15.

Also, we start racing at 7:30 pm. Draw ends at 6pm.

Hope you see ya. Give us a shout if you need more info.

It's only Tuesday and I'm sick of working this week. Wait a minute, I'm sick of work when the alarm sounds on Monday morning. Now, the next three 100 degree days need to move on by, and Saturday needs to get here. Looking forward to meeting new competitors and returning visitors.

Come on Saturday!

rebelracewriter,

Don't you feel like you would do a better job of reporting right in the middle of the action? You could hang out in the pits and get all the in-depth stories. A/C is way over rated so come hang out with the crews. Stand in the infield and smell the fumes. Then we can compare your car dodging skills against the photograper. :lol::lol::lol:

rebelracewriter,

Don't you feel like you would do a better job of reporting right in the middle of the action? You could hang out in the pits and get all the in-depth stories. A/C is way over rated so come hang out with the crews. Stand in the infield and smell the fumes. Then we can compare your car dodging skills against the photograper. :lol::lol::lol:

So far...I haven't had to test those skills yet...Hoping I don't have to for a while....lol

Archived