GREAT JOB

speedy

Great job Charlie Custer on your Texas Thunder win in that pesky neon.Want to tell all the Thunder drivers what a great and exciting feature race you all put on..Congrats to 1st place Charlie Custer,2nd place Johnny Guerra and 3rd place Randy Smith.

Here are the results I remember for thunders

1.Charlie Custer

2. Johnny Guerra

3. Randy Smith

4. Todd Hudler

not sure who placed where after that cause the other cars were laps down.

Super Streets top 3 where

1.Rex Henley

2. Taylor Vela

3. Matt Kaminski

not sure how the others finished.

soryy didnt stay for the bomber race so i cant say who got what there,

Great job guys and gals!!!!!!!

Texas True Stock Feature

97 Mike Villarreal

20 Dave

82 Anthony

85 Chris

I think this was the best race of the evening.....

now come on there .how could you say that ..i thought lisa and jessie did a fine job in holding back randy lee ..for a few laps ....you remember the closing the gate dance .[DONT YOU .] ..i just cant believe you would say such a thing .after you spent our load up the car time bull sitting and keeping us up past our bed time ...i quess loyaty means nothing to you ......WELP I SHOULD HAVE FIGURED THAT .MY MAMA ALWAYS TOLD ME ... DONT EVER TRUST A /DONT KNOW HOW TO COOK ..BALONEY EATING . BURGER INHAILER .HOT DOG SUCKING .BIKER .. THE WORST KIND RIDE INDIAN.S INSTEAD OF HORSES ........ LOL NIcE TO VISIT WITH YOU .. if was great .. had some laughs . like i said two cars can make a race ..in this race there were four .and it was the best show ....... btw .you brought up .i finaly get to put a face on you .something of that sort .... well scary wasnt it .. one of those faces only a mother can love ..only problem was .i had to pay my mother for her love .... ill be sending you a intry form for the fat man bathing suit contest ...... you think i should send one to bigfat while im at it ..

Sounds like that pesky Neon can switch hands and still win.Congrats to Charlie on a great win in a new cae,first time out.Thumper missed the race because he believed the weatherman.80% chance of rain so we did not load Friday.About 1:30 Sat we decided to load up and it turned black and a heavy downpour so I put the truck back in the carport.Then I popped the cork on a bottle of Crown and proceded to watch motorsports on TV.Within 30 minutes it cleared up and never rained again.

Im not going to believe those weathermen again.Its tough though with the price of diesel and the distance I have to drive.

the neon was not that fast .with the new driver it has it was moveing all over the track ..he hasnt figure it out just yet ..but i can see it has what has had ..... everyone else was slow ..track was not that good ..even with the slicks on i spun the tires ... not picking on anyone ..he was just alittle faster ...

Take the personal feud somewhere else, please.

Thanks.

[On edit]: Since one of the parties to this feud ignored my request (above), I have removed the comments that started the feud.

There are websites that specialize in name-calling, threats, foul language, overly aggresive behavior and questionalbe sexual orientations. However, Texas Speed Zone is not one of them.

Nick

the neon was not that fast .with the new driver it has it was moveing all over the track ..he hasnt figure it out just yet ..but i can see it has what has had ..... everyone else was slow ..track was not that good ..even with the slicks on i spun the tires ... not picking on anyone ..he was just alittle faster ...

I do have to say Oldtimer that Neon was all over the track during practice and during the heat but from what i saw he got it all figured out by the feature and did a great job of winner the feature.We all thought there was a different driver in the car during the feature lol but nope it was Charlie taken it to a win!! Again great job Charlie in that pesky Neon.

I do have to say Oldtimer that Neon was all over the track during practice and during the heat but from what i saw he got it all figured out by the feature and did a great job of winner the feature.We all thought there was a different driver in the car during the feature lol but nope it was Charlie taken it to a win!! Again great job Charlie in that pesky Neon.

yep i bet he called will .and said how the heck do you drive this crazything ...lol,,yes he was better at it in the feature ..but i saw him rub the front wall and was still alittle shaky ... ..and i know he will get faster as he goes ..i will give him an [ A ] for getting better .and not wrecking anyone while learning ...i wonder how hard his hart was beating ...

i saw him in practice was sliding up in turns was to high in turns after the track cooled down and he started to stay in the middle he did a great job my opinion he might have placed second in the pro 4 race two of them did not have a chance against the 30 car that is just my opinion

poorboy they should have had 10in slicks that is what tire the pro4s run.

txtwister why would you run that car putting the wear on the car and take the chance to smash something up racen cars that have little to no chance to beat you why don't you build a thunder or super stock that way it would help CC out by putting another car on the track where there are more car to begin with

txtwister why would you run that car putting the wear on the car and take the chance to smash something up racen cars that have little to no chance to beat you why don't you build a thunder or super stock that way it would help CC out by putting another car on the track where there are more car to begin with

first off . they called us to come out ..and we did .to tune up for our race at red river ..these two cars are in the points race .. the 28 is running for rookie and she isnt a rookie just in tps ..next year if cc opens you should see that car more often .and it isnt slow ..now the 7 car is 15 points out of the tps lead .third .it hasnt finished out of the top five all season .it won a race that they didnt give us .for other reasons ..

wont go into that any further ... lol ..it was wrecked in march and we have still working on it to get up just a wee bit closer to the front .and it isnt that faraway ....now as for the pro 4 race ...the 7 could have made a better race out of it .but that ment something could have happend to it .and that was not worth the chance ..the 28 had already lost a new slick in practice from the 30 ... as for texas twister he has his own reasons for wanting to race that car ..... ... could the 7 car beat the 30 ..most probably not .and we wont even try ..that 30 car is in its own leaque ..and it should be ..we have no dreams of beating that car ..be like takeing a pistol to a shotgun fight .... and just say we did beat that car . even up ..then they should not have built it .waste of thier money ...randy and his dad are some of the nicest poeple . we are friends ...anyway running the 7 .and 28 less than half throtle save the 114 dallor tires that we have left for this saterday ....next year we may want to play with randy on a more even typ of car ...btw randy offered a set of his tires and rims ..

Were tring to make a sacrifice and build a class like everyone else that is showing up to race and spectating. Were you there this weekend? Was your family and friends there? I think we had about 20 or so in the stands. If you were there you probably saw us taking pictures with the kids during intermission at the flagstand. Were having them developed and giving them to the kids when they come back this weekend, or next weekend. Point is were tring to help the track to get people in the stands and cars on the track.

For the record the car was not built to run at the CC Bullring.....its actually 5 years old. It was built here and raced on a national level by me and my family. Before this season we raced it only 2 times....once in California where 40+ cars showed up and once at the Bullring in Las Vegas where we finished 5th. Now, if you drive racecars you know about that itch we get when we walk out and see our car sitting in the garage collecting dust. Before this year we had to drive 1500 miles one way to race. We showed up at CC to "blow the dust off" at the beginning of this season along with Ariel Arredondo and his Pro4 and Mr Rhoads liked what he saw and asked us if we would race once a month and try to build a class. Of course we agreed. I hope this answered that part of your question.

As far as building a car for another class i dont think that is necessary to the big picture. How many cars do you think are sitting in a garage like ours was? Those are the ones we need to get, the ones that are built and collecting dust. I think were doing our part.

On a side note, anyone who shows up to race is a winner in my book.

Oh by the way, that was my 60 year old father that won the heat race.....were all very proud of him. The last and only other race he has ever competed in was in 2003 where he finished mid-pack with our 2002 Championship TPS car.

yes i was there so where two of my little one iam glad you let your dad have fun in the car second i was not trying to start nothing most likely you will not find a car like the 30 in 100 mile area the 66 but it is not like your that is why i said why dont you builb a diffrent type of car what ever they payed to the three of you could be put in the other three classes more people have cars like the ones that are already racen they might come out for more money i dont know if they will or not jmo <_<

yes i was there so where two of my little one iam glad you let your dad have fun in the car second i was not trying to start nothing most likely you will not find a car like the 30 in 100 mile area the 66 but it is not like your that is why i said why dont you builb a diffrent type of car what ever they payed to the three of you could be put in the other three classes more people have cars like the ones that are already racen they might come out for more money i dont know if they will or not jmo <_<

We really want the Pro4s to succeed. Thats where were gonna put our stock for now. The 2 shows we made on the west coast were as good as the old ROMCO shows we used to attend. Nice clean fast cars. We would love to be able to do that right here in South Texas. There are more Pro4's that didnt show up due to engine problems and whatnot. Were gonna try to get everyone together for our next race, but we know that building the class will take a while. We want to use this year to get a better start for next year. If we can get 6 or so that would be a success considering Texas has never had a PRO4 class anywhere. From there we will build. I believe were doing it at the right track. Mr Rhoads has a lot of faith, and we do too. Did your kids get a picture?

the pay part was just enough to cover supper for two ..so it wasnt much .and that isnt what we came out for .nore is it what randy came out for ..it cost more just for the fuel than what it paid combined for all three . so that is a mute point ....i know the 66 tried ..he came over and got himself a gasket we had .to help him out ..and there are a few pro typ cars here in texas .. one owner has a broken hand .- ......randy is the one that is full time ... . mike roads will make this happen ..its a tuff year on racen all over ... we will most likely put a car or two next year ..to late this year to do so full time ..

It was a great night of racing. Alot better than the weekend before. Charlie did a good job driving and winning his first race in his neon. Glad Randy "wallbanger" Smith had a good night coming in 3rd.

We had to work on the car every night of the week just so we could make the race. But if you want to

race sometimes that's what you got to do. We still have some work to do on the car but it will be ready

for this weeknd. So get those cars ready so we can have another great weekend of racing.

Even with a low car count it was a good night of racing. My kids loved that 30 car. They were even more impressed with how it smoked the others(no offense Oldtimer :D ). The kids don't care who wins in the pits, they care who is there and paying attention to them (candy, pics, etc...). The 30 car did pay attention to those kids, my kids. My husband races and they spend every weekend at the track, but they were one of the first ones on the track to take pictures. The kids never get tired of that stuff. So my point is props to you txtwister!! I also heard what you said in the end about helping anyone who needs help building a car. Again, what a nice gesture to make. I believe most of the drivers are willing to help anyone get started to improve car count. My husband drives a bomber that was on the streets only 2 years ago. It doesn't have to cost a fortune. Thanks for the show every Saturday to all of the drivers and it will eventually pick up. :)

Archived