Precipitation

vl racing

Well 6-7-08 was good till it showered.... I HAD A BAD NIGHT ANYWAY.

ROGER THAT..

The track before the shower was starting to have chuncks break loose. After the shower though, it got smooth and fast, that was the best time driving out there that I have ever had, man that was a blast!! My wife also heard several of the spectators saying that they liked it much better as well, the comments ranged from no dust, faster racing, to the drivers can drive better (I still sucked but it was fun)

Wikked - Which car # were you? Were you the #17?

I WAS THE 52 BOMBER.. I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW MUCH SO I JUST HELPED PACKED THE TRACK TO GET THE FEEL OF THE CAR. THAT WAS MY FIRST ACTUAL TIME ON THE TRACK. IM GOING TO PRACTICE BEFORE TRY TO COMPETE WITH SOME OF THE BETTER DRIVERS.

NOW AS FOR MY BAD NIGHT OH YA BAD ALRIGHT.

I WAS HEADED TO THE TRACK WITH 2X GARY BLANCHARD AND 2J JOSH BLANCHARD AND MY TRAILER TIRE ON MY DRIVER SIDE BLEW OUT, IT TOOK I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG 30 TO 45 MIN TO GET THE TIRE OFF THE BOLTS WERE SO RUSTED I CHANGED 3 OTHERS BEFORE BUT DIDN'T CHANGE THAT LAST TIRE THOUGHT IT WOULD MAKE IT BUT DIDN'T WITH THE WEIGHT OF THE CAR. LUCKLY GARY HAD A SPARE I COULD USE. GOT THE TIRE BACK ON AND BACK ON THE ROAD WE WENT. GOT TO BAY CITY AND MY TRUCK STARTED OVER HEATING AGAIN. CHANGED MY THERMOSTAT AND WORKED FINE BEFORE WE HEADED TO THE TRACK. SO WHEN WE GOT TO THE EDNA SIDE OF BAY CITY WE HAD TO LEAVE IT IN FRONT OF A PLACE NOT TO BE.. ''''JUNK YARD'''''' THATS A NO NO .. LOL BUT ANYWAY LEFT IT THERE AND GOT IN GARY'S TRUCK TO THE TRACK WE GO.. GOT TO THE TRACK AND DROPPED 2X GARY BLANCHARD'S CAR AND I HOPPED IN GARY'S TRUCK TO GO GET MY CAR 52, HEADED TO THE TRACK. BY THE TIME I GOT BACK TO THE TRACK I MISSED HOT LAPS . I GOT THERE IN TIME FOR THE MAIN BUT THEN THATS WHEN IT SHOWERED THERE FOR A BIT. THATS WHEN WE REPACKED THE TRACK. THAT'S WHERE I GOT THE FEEL OF THE CAR AND HOW IT HANDLED. SO BY THE TIME WE PACKED THE TRACK I GOT OFF TO GO GET IN LINE FOR THE BOMBERS RACE AND BY THE TIME I TURNED AROUND AT MY TRAILER TO GO GET IN LINE THE BOMBERS WERE ALREADY ON THE TRACK. ''''HEY WHAT CAN I SAY IT WAS MY FIRST TIME TO DO THIS AND I MISSED OUT. I DIDN'T KNOW I COULD GO UP TO THE CHAIN TO GET ON THE TRACK, NOW I KNOW. SO IM GOING TO PRACTICE AND GET GOOD WITH THE CAR SO I KNOW HOW IT WILL HANDLE BEFORE I GO OUT THERE AND GET INTO A WRECK.'''''' IT'S NOT THAT I'M SCARED TO GET OUT THERE''' I DON'T WANT TO GET IN NO ONES WAY AND GET SOMEONE PISSED '''EXCUSED MY LANGUAGE'''' AT ME FOR SCREWING UP THEIR CAR. I WOULD BE THE SAME WAY IF I WAS GOOD AND A NEWBIE CAME TO THE TRACK AND SCREWED MY CAR UP. BUT ALL IN WORD YA'LL HAVE BEEN IN MY SHOES IT'S PART OF THE CIRCUIT. YOU HAVE GOOD TIMES AND BAD TIMES. I JUST ENDED UP HAVING A BAD TIME MY FIRST TIME. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH THE CAR WASN'T REALLY READY. IT KEPT WANTING TO DIE ON ME WHILE PACKING THE TRACK, ALSO IT'S DUMPING TOO MUCH FUEL IN THE CARB. SO THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT TIME.

SO I'M GOING TO PRACTICE ON A PRACTICE TRACK. I JUST HAD A FEELING, THATS WHY I WENT TO PARK IT AT THE TRAILER.

BUT TO ALL THE OTHER RACERS GOOD RACING.. SPECIALLY DANCER

HONEST TRUTH

Sorry to hear of all the bad luck in one night. You prolly got it all out of the way in one night, so you'll have good nights the rest of the season.

When the bombers went out for our feature, I personally wasn't too crazy about the conditions. It was still slick. Not complaining. I'm always happy to be on the track, any track. But, just about when I ripped my right front tire, we had put down enough laps that the track had really come in and it was getting really fast. I was really starting to pick up speed when that happened. I think we had a good run at a top 3 befor that. There'll be another chance soon.

When the limiteds rolled out, it was obvious the track had come in. I wish I had a stopwatch when they came out. That is about the fastest I've seen them. I was sitting right in front of booth making my race notes they were really setting the cars up for turn 1 early and in were flying. I really hated to see Dr. David's motor let go. I was hoping he would get him a win.

Every night is exciting in one way or another to me. But, I have to agree that when the limiteds rolled out it was about the fastest I've seen in a while.

WELL YALL MIGHT NOT SEE ME MUCH CAUSE I WORK OFFSHORE 28/14. SO IM GONE MOST OF A MONTH.

AS FOR THE MODS.. YA THEY WERE PRETTY FAST. IM JUST DOING THIS FOR FUN FOR THE TIME IM OFF THE BOAT

WELL YALL MIGHT NOT SEE ME MUCH CAUSE I WORK OFFSHORE 28/14. SO IM GONE MOST OF A MONTH.

AS FOR THE MODS.. YA THEY WERE PRETTY FAST. IM JUST DOING THIS FOR FUN FOR THE TIME IM OFF THE BOAT

I saw the 52 bomber...wanted to go by and say hi...but with the rain and extra packing (and cleaning some of the mud off before the feature) I never made it....not alot of 52 cars...good luck....and on the fuel problem...if your running the 4412 it is either a blown Power valve or blocked air bleeds...them carburators are bad about that...AJ

I saw the 52 bomber...wanted to go by and say hi...but with the rain and extra packing (and cleaning some of the mud off before the feature) I never made it....not alot of 52 cars...good luck....and on the fuel problem...if your running the 4412 it is either a blown Power valve or blocked air bleeds...them carburators are bad about that...AJ

YA GARY 2X AND I ARE GOING TO CHANGE THE JETS. NEXT TIME THERE DANCER.. IF YOU SEE ME THERE STOP AND SAY HI ANYTIME.

When the limiteds rolled out, it was obvious the track had come in. I wish I had a stopwatch when they came out. That is about the fastest I've seen them. I was sitting right in front of booth making my race notes they were really setting the cars up for turn 1 early and in were flying. I really hated to see Dr. David's motor let go. I was hoping he would get him a win.

I was rooting for David from the infield taking pictures. It sure did seem to be his night. He was running smooth and driving a perfect race. Too bad the motor couldn't of held off for 8 more laps.....

ON TOP OF THE OVERHEATING OF MY TRUCK IT JUMPED TIME. WOW .... NOW MY FRONT OF MY MOTOR IS TORE DOWN TO REPLACE THE TIMING CHAIN. REPLACING THE FACTORY WITH A DOUBLE CHAIN GEAR. THEN REPLACING THE WATER PUMP AGAIN. IT WAS WEEPING OUT THE WEEP HOLE. IT'S ALSO GOT A KNOCK WHEN I TRY TO GIVE IT MORE THAN USUAL GAS. LIKE A LIFTER. BUT SINCE IT WAS OFF TIME IT COULD CAUSE THE KNOCK. WE WILL SEE ONCE I REPLACE THE TIMING CHAIN. OH AND WHEN I WAS REPLACING THE SPARK PLUGS AND WIRES THE PLUGS WERE NOT EVEN TIGHT. WHO EVER HAD THE TRUCK LAST AND DID THE TUNEUP THEY DIDN'T TIGHTEN THEM...REMIND ME NOT TO LET THAT MAN WORK ON MY CAR LOL

IF IT'S NOT ONE THING IT'S ANOTHER, ANOTHER AN ANOTHER..IF I KEEP GOING I CAN JUST REBUILD THE MOTOR BY REPLACING PART AFTER PART.

THE MOTOR HAS OVER 200,000 MILES ON IT. WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT.

Yep Bad.. I should be ready by the next race. JULY 19. Since ill be offshore.

Archived