CC Speedway's #11

1QUIK6

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Started working more in the oil field back then so my memory may not be in order here or way off ..the mustang mach 1 was the one yeats bought from Daytona area was it not ..if so I remember the first time I heard that car fire up ..it was a large wow factor . and not having the right gear ratio for cc and set up for its first run was really impressive ... the tail pipes coming out each side of the rear panels and sounded great. you did not have to look up to know when that car was on the track ..

• 2 months later...

i started going to the races in the late 70's, Monty Nichols was pretty quick for a couple of years there, and he had the best car, but to say he is the best ever out of CC, that's stretching it too far, most fans from CC will tell you who the best was simply by asking what era you want to know about, but make no mistake Rick, Slick, and Lawerence Mikulencak were the best ever from CC area. cause they won everywhere including the dirt tracks. I will add that Lawerence has probably won more races than all of them.. although mostly on dirt. and to the Monty Nichols fan, Monty's son races every now and then, and is excellent driver, you should check him out sometime.

Archived