My Nascar 2003 server

Lugnuthead

I do have a very good nascar 2003 server that we could use. I used to run it about 9 months ago, but do to the fact that I wasn't around to admin it all the time, a bunch of wreckers showed up. I would be happy to turn it back on if some folks would volunteer to help police the action a bit, or we could password it and keep the wreckers out. Running a short short track legaue sounds like a blast. The server specs aren't an issue, and the bandwitdh isn't an issue either. I have always wanted to setup a league with some friends, but I didn't have the time to setup the website to post the results.

I've always enjoyed running servers for different games, I have just found that N2003 requires a little more admin effort to keep the bad apples out.

I'll fire it back up today and get the new patch on it...

Let me know what you guys think. If you folks are interested, I'll post the name of it and location.

Lugnuthead

I am interested in joining you in a league, but I have no experience with online gaming at all. Please give us beginners some insite on what it takes to be compatable with your server, patches, downloads, connection, cost, etc.

Thanks

Ryan

For the most part, to enjoy racing online you will need either a modem that is running at 56K+, a dsl line or cable modem. Once you connect to the multiplayer side of the game and set up an account with sierra (no biggie, free, and I don't think they spam me much) an automatic install will get you up to date to run the normal WC cars. As far as going to the trucks or otherwise, I will need to have those mods at the server as well, and I believe there is another post on the forum here that will point you in the right direction to download the truck mods and others.

My server is downtown (Houston), so I need to swing by and get things straight before I open it up to the world. Also I would like to go ahead and get at least the truck mod setup on it too. Hopefully this weekend I will get a chance to swing by and get things straight. I need to bring a couple of servers back to the office anyhow. Once things are up I will post what server to look for. I am sure it will have lugnut in the name somewhere.

late.

Lugnuthead

O.K., I am signed up with sierra, already had broadband, have the latest downloads, and have downloaded the majority of mods you can get for NR2003. I even raced a few races. For those that think it was complicated to do. It wasn't. NR2003 just walks you through it. I do have to say that I enjoy racing the short tracks way more than the super speedways, road courses, and speedways. While I was online last night there was no short tracks to race with out either having a high rating, or having a password. I assume that this is because it takes a little more driving and less wrecking to have any fun. I do not understand the ratings that were applied to me. I do understand as to why they are there, but not how thay are composed. Could someone please take the time to inform my dumb a$$......

Ryan

TheLegend96,

Make a list of the short tracks you would like to run and I will set the server up to rotate through them. I agree, there are just not enough short tracks to run. Maybe I'll add I70 or something like that.

Jason,

I know of plenty of places that do that sort of thing here in houston, but it will generally cost a particular fee. Depending on what you want to use with the webpage (asp, coldfusion, etc) prices vary. If you are serious, I will call a couple of contacts and see what I can find for you, just let me know what you need on the webserver. As far as this nascar server goes, I have the server at our collocation facilty in houston, which I am responsible for. Since I am security and WAN admin here, I can get away with things like that and not cause problems, besides the two other IT guys here love to play.

Lugnuthead

Yes you did... What short tracks would you like to see. I'll set it up to rotate through them. Maybe we can get a few folks from the board here and set up a short track race one night. If you want I'll email you the admin password so you can get the races started and pick a track when you want. I just don't want to run it much without an admin online, it keeps the intentional wreckers out for the most part.

Lugnuthead.

OK, the server is up and running. It is named Lugnutheads (If you have a better name, let me know). It will be rotating through the following tracks:

Richmond,martinsville,I70,north carolina, bowman grey, evergreen, mesa martin, and nashville.

Some of these you will need to download from the project wildfire site (can't remember the site, hit google). If you login with txsz you will be a boss, which will let you boot any of the bad apples out. Maybe we can get a few sim racers together from this board and have a race on night, meanwhile I'll be working on my setup for the short tracks.

I'll probably hop on for a while sometime past 9:00pm tonight.

Later

Lugnuthead.

Archived