Little River Dragway Grand Opening April 12, 2008

NickHolt

Little River Dragway is holding it's GRAND OPENING Saturday, April 12th.

Little River Dragway, now under the new ownership of 2 time NHRA World Champion Robert "Hutch" Hutchison is holding it's GRAND OPENING Saturday April 12th. Outlaw ProMods & Outlaw Top Sportsman along with a Beat The Heat Program and a Fireworks Display will compliment the "Highlight" of the Show a - FREE ENTRY E.T. BRACKET RACE.

Gates Open at 12pm with Time Trials at 1pm. Adult Admission is $20. Little River Dragway is located 9 miles shouth of Temple Texas on Hwy 95.

Info 817-965-0535

use to go there when i was younger.....just remeber how cool i felt when was there.

I made my first pass at the River in 1970.It used to be old hiway 95 till they made the new hiway next to it.Put some guard rails down the sides,added some stands and let er rip.One of the oldest strips in the country.I remember watching Lee Shepherd(r.i.p) making passes in his old Modified back in the day before him and Reher and Morrison hit the big time in pro stock.Stood on the line and watched Gene Snow and Flash Gordon lite the hides several times at the river.It's where alot of people cut there teeth in drag racing.Has alot of history and the shut down still has the bend to the left that went to the hiway.I can say back in 1976 I went out the old entrance gate onto the new hiway when I couldnt stop when my brakes went out.I plan to hit it some Sundays in the future.

Archived