A Message from Jim Knudtson and I-37 Raceway

Its easier to fight a bad story with good stories... Its a tracks job to promote its image, If you hide issues from the public, they become bigger problems then if you show your human...

rainbows and roses- you can't make sh^t smell like momas apple pie.

if you don't want bad press then don't bring it upon yourself,,,,,,and then when it does come don't blame the outlet that gave the advantage of genuine advertisement. blame it on poor decisions.

notifying people of the pay out cut would have been smart.

nobody should beg or apologize to try and make you remain with this board , you never once apologized or explained the reasoning behind and for the pay cut. some people are gonna say "it's their track and their business is none of ours.." i beg to differ , we are their business. anybody that brings a car to a track deserves atleast that lttle bit of respect from the track operators.

just my two cents

it's kinda like sweeping dirt under the rug......to disolve your relationship with TSZ does not make your issues disappear.

STILL PETTY IN MY VIEW

I THINK SOME HAVE COMPLAINTS FOR COMPLAINTS THEY WILL NOT GO FACE TO FACE WITH THERE COMPLAINTS INSTEAD BRING IT TO A BOARD WITH FACELESS NAMES AND SOME MAY NOT EVEN HAVE A FIGHT IN THIS WAR SO WHO KNOWS BLA BLA BLA ;):D:lol::blink:

Just removing the forum isnt going to lead to a lack of negitive posts about any track. They can and prob. will be posted in the Main Dirt forums. And if that closes down then in the main racing area... The same thing can be found on Whowon Elbowsup ect. ect. ect. and they dont have individual forums for every track. I would imagine the top viewed forum on TXSZ is the main followed by the classifieds and then one of the track forums. I would even venture to guess that the Announcement section where the track prob assumes they will post any info on is one of the lesser read areas. Why do you think that is? No matter how you cut it the people who want to start trouble at the expence of others is going to care less because they will go elsewhere or on another forum. Or in another room on this site... And what will that have accomplished? Nothing. Especially when the track doesnt even have a website to distribute its own info. Hopefully that will change in the near future...

Let me first say that I do not always agree with everything that goes on at race tracks especially if it is negative towards the racers in any way. I feel promoters should be loyal and upfront with the racers as the racers are very loyal to the promoters..

I am referring to Owen's situation with the following....

If a track promoter is going to support a forum and post information on it like it is their official forum then that track promoter needs full control of it. They shouldn't have to call, email, or pm some guy in a different area who may or may not do whats in best interest of the track. It also doesn't help the situation that the guy the promoter has to contact is not very well liked by many of the racers, fans, etc of that particular track and the feeling is probably mutual. Hell that guy is human. Bottom line....the tracks have a whole lot more to lose than some guy who is on a power trip because he's a forum moderator.

If a track is going to support you, you need to support them. How quick did stuff come off of here when someone would post stuff about Terry, USRA, and SAS? Why should you treat other tracks and groups that actually are OPEN for racing any different? There are very successful tracks and racing series that do official forums for fans. They aren't run as a democracy. You need to figure out what side of the fence you want this place to be on. If you want tracks to use this place as an outlet then you need to protect the track's interest. If you want this to be a place for fans and drivers to chat about whats going on at some of these tracks and bring up concerns then wear that hat (As the creator, I originally intended for this place to be on this side)...the track just may not work with you as closely. Pick a side and stay there.

As for the track suffering by not taking part in this place? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Sure it may create a LITTLE interest. I know for a fact most racers get their information by either calling the promoter or from other racers. WORD OF MOUTH. Racers are a very tight group and all talk to other racers A LOT. Thats one reason it sometimes feels like we have 4th grade drama amongst adults. Fans with no affiliation to a driver or team don't get the information the same way. They rely more on the track website and the local advertising done. I know I used to get my information from either a guy who I lived down the street from growing up or the ads ran in the local newspaper. There were race tracks before this place and there will be race tracks long after this place. If done right, this place can be a positive tool for the racing community. Every little bit helps....

Jason, first off, when did God leave you in charge? You want claim someone else is being God, yet you are getting pretty high and mighty here yourself.

Second, I think the number of people on TXSZ/Nick's side far out-number those that don't like him. The ones doing all the carping are just the most vocal...not the most in numbers.

Third, several of the ne'er-do-wells were obviously from your neck of the woods.....how many aliases do you go by on here? Not accussing, just asking a "simple question." I have two.

Fourth, banning someone for questioning things???? How many times should you have been banned then?

What if Mary Ann had wanted you banned for all the THR/TSRS stuff you used to start? Isn't this like the pot calling the kettle black?

Fifth, I'm not trying to re-ignite our past differences, just stating facts, asking questions.

Jason, first off, when did God leave you in charge? You want claim someone else is being God, yet you are getting pretty high and mighty here yourself.

I feel I have a say as I was the person who made this place. Seeing it turn into shit because of the actions of ONE PERSON disappoints me.

Second, I think the number of people on TXSZ/Nick's side far out-number those that don't like him. The ones doing all the carping are just the most vocal...not the most in numbers.

I wasn't referring to everyone as a whole. Reread what I wrote. It seems as you just want to find something to come at me with.

Third, several of the ne'er-do-wells were obviously from your neck of the woods.....how many aliases do you go by on here? Not accussing, just asking a "simple question." I have two.

I only use one name on here. Nick would love to call me out using the IP. I don't need two names as I'm not hiding behind a name like you with your "other name".

Fourth, banning someone for questioning things???? How many times should you have been banned then?

What if Mary Ann had wanted you banned for all the THR/TSRS stuff you used to start? Isn't this like the pot calling the kettle black?

Its all about what side of the fence you want to be on. Its been 6 years since I started this thing...and I was 16 at the time....and well why I may not agree 100% on why TSRS was created...its an awesome series and Mary Ann has done more for asphalt racing than any of us could imagine. She's the glue keeping it all together.

Fifth, I'm not trying to re-ignite our past differences, just stating facts, asking questions.

Yea you are. The last post you made towards me (the other day) I took as an insult but didn't feel the need to get into a pissing match with you as you already know how I feel.

Hallas,

I'm a busy guy and don't have time to get into a constant pissing match with you.

later

j

Come on guys. This is not about me and this is not about renewing an old pissing contest.

If I do something wrong or if you don't approve of the way the site is moderated, that's OK. But please bring it to me in private, not in the forums.

Thanks.

Nick

STILL PETTY IN MY VIEW

I THINK SOME HAVE COMPLAINTS FOR COMPLAINTS THEY WILL NOT GO FACE TO FACE WITH THERE COMPLAINTS INSTEAD BRING IT TO A BOARD WITH FACELESS NAMES AND SOME MAY NOT EVEN HAVE A FIGHT IN THIS WAR SO WHO KNOWS BLA BLA BLA ;):D:lol::blink:

Hey Dinsmore......I agree....Bla Bla Bla...whats done is done. Move on, and lets race. I dont race, but all I have heard since coming on board is that all you guys wanna do is race.....then go freakin race. Thats all from me. Thanks for listening.

I am sorry to hear about this. It is not easy being when people use free speech to bash someone rather than offering suggestions. I felt the posts had been very positive and appreciated. It will effect my communication with the drivers and teams. I felt like the was the perfect forum to notify people that I have new video to watch on the web. We'll be back for round 3 this weekend. Sure is good racing. Hope to see you all there.

BTW you might want to book mark my daily motion page as I will be continuing to upload videos from all the tracks this year.

3 new videos uploaded

IMCA Mods 3-14-08 P2

SSM P1 and P2 3-21-08

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4uzzc_ss...t-feature_sport

Have to keep the videos short so I break up the features. Looks good. Turned in the 3-14-08 and 3-21-08 final edit master videos to access TV today. Should be in rotation this weekend. I am not sure where to post but I will contact TQ.

Thad AkA " VideoGuy"

STILL PETTY IN MY VIEW

Hey Dinsmore......I agree....Bla Bla Bla...whats done is done. Move on, and lets race. I dont race, but all I have heard since coming on board is that all you guys wanna do is race.....then go freakin race. Thats all from me. Thanks for listening.

Well I'll be there friday to go racing.Life goes on just dont take the sand box. ok please :D:D:D:D

Ever since I can remember reading stuff on this site this problem has been going on. It is probably better now than its ever been. I know I'm guilty of getting on here and saying stuff I shouldn't from time to time. To act like this started recent or is getting out of hand doesn't make a bunch of sense.

If a track is going to support you, you need to support them. How quick did stuff come off of here when someone would post stuff about Terry, USRA, and SAS? Why should you treat other tracks and groups that actually are OPEN for racing any different?

Jason,

I agree, but I also think Nick was just doing what was asked of him at the time.

Nick,

I'm happy you do this and not me! If you edit to much your a jerk if you don't edit enough you're a jerk. Funny thing is people only complain about how it is edited when their bashes are taken off or someone is talking about the one they support and don't get edited.

JMO

Jason,

Thank you for being the creator of this place.

Thank you for not being the moderator of this place. If you were the moderator I am sure this sight would be nothing more than a bash zone. I think you are a little quick to suggest Nick is not very well liked by many racers. There are a few that do not like him because he did a very good job as a tech inspector. They did not like following the rules or being caught doing something that had been allowed for years because previous inspectors were not sharp enough to catch it. How he knew about those tricks from his racing days is another subject. There are a few of you that do not like him because he will not let you get on here and say anything you want to. I personally appreciate that because I get on here to get information about several tracks all at one time instead of having to go to several different websites. I wish STS and I-37 had left their forums on here because it made it much easier for me. Owen pulled his because of bashing and negative approaches by a few. I-37 pulled theirs for the same reason but yet you are mad at Nick for being too strict as a moderator. You do not make sense to me.

Jason,

Thank you for being the creator of this place.

Thank you for not being the moderator of this place. If you were the moderator I am sure this sight would be nothing more than a bash zone. I think you are a little quick to suggest Nick is not very well liked by many racers. There are a few that do not like him because he did a very good job as a tech inspector. They did not like following the rules or being caught doing something that had been allowed for years because previous inspectors were not sharp enough to catch it. How he knew about those tricks from his racing days is another subject. There are a few of you that do not like him because he will not let you get on here and say anything you want to. I personally appreciate that because I get on here to get information about several tracks all at one time instead of having to go to several different websites. I wish STS and I-37 had left their forums on here because it made it much easier for me. Owen pulled his because of bashing and negative approaches by a few. I-37 pulled theirs for the same reason but yet you are mad at Nick for being too strict as a moderator. You do not make sense to me.

As much as I hate to say this, I will anyway. Believe it or not bashing or negative as well as positive comments have some value. Now before yall twist off and don’t finish reading the post, let me explain. We have this right listed in the Constitution of the United States for a reason. It is mainly so both sides are represented and that a dictatorship or monarchy is not born. I am in no way saying that vulgar or nasty writing should be allowed, but I do feel that if someone has a disagreement the post shouldn’t be removed. This is a sort of checks and balances for drivers and tracks. Examples.. A track is not paying its drivers or is being rude to the fans then they need to be exposed, or a driver that engages in shady parts deals or stolen fuel, he needs exposing to the masses. Complaining about the way things are run, is a form of venting concern, however politically incorrect. The fact is if they didn’t care at all then they wouldn’t say anything at all, which is bad! For example, if a customer feels they have been done wrong in someway, and just decide never to come back , then you have no means to correct the problem, but if they come back and complain, well then you get the opportunity to find out what the problem is ,and fix it. Point being complaining and negative comments are not always a bad thing. I come on here to find a centralized source of information on results, rainouts, big races ect….it does suck that now I have to rummage around the internet with my slow ass dial up out here where it’s the only thing going, and hunt don’t info. As long as you have a group of people, you will have disagreement, this very thing is why we live in the best Country in the world……..diversity. To hell with the English tea, and taxation without representation. This is one of the cleaner forums that I have seen, it does tend to be a little over bearing sometimes though.

I may wrong here but, I think this thread has been far wrose than most things posted regarding the track. As long as their are racing forums negitive and positive things will be posted. Sometimes you have to sift through the BS to get to the good stuff. I also think sponsers are smart enough to distinguish from the BULL CRAP and the whining. Its great to live in a country where we can have these petty little conversations.

Thats all lets go racing. :D

I may wrong here but, I think this thread has been far wrose than most things posted regarding the track.

Of course. That is why it was foolish for the image consultants to remove the forum. Plus, it had the additional effect of revealing their authoritarian mindset, where before everyone believed they were working in a cooperative situation.

Yes, there are as many views on how a forum should be run as there are people. And this thread makes that point very well.

However, TXSZ is not about moderators - whether you hate 'em or love 'em - it's about racing.

I'm closing this thread because most every point of view has been expressed at least once and it's time to go racing.

By the way, many of you have asked if it's OK to post stuff about STS and I-37 in the other forum areas. Yes, the main discussion forum is open for racing-related topics concerning track (including those that no longer have a dedicated forum, series, racing divisions, thorny issues or whatever. And, of course, both I-37 and STS are dirt tracks so discussions centered on either track would fit in the "Do it in the Dirt' forum as well.

Nick

Archived