PAYOUTS

SassyCassie14

Guaranteed Payout this week will be:

Pure Stock - $200 to win

Street Stock - $200 to win

Super Stock - $175 to win

IMCA Sport Modified - $400 to win

IMCA Modified - $450 to win

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS AND/OR COMMENTS, PLEASE EITHER PM ME, EMAIL ME OR CALL ME.

THANK YOU

payout looks good as long as there is no more than 1 car in each class. kinda hard to put on show with 1 car. it is pretty disappointing that track is already cutting purse after only one race night.

a lot of drivers have been cautious to tow to I37 because of past instability with owners and promoters. this just increased the concerns we have about things to come.

another thing that makes no sense is why post a payout (3-13-08) complete with car count adjustments. then payout with a cut to the posted purses in the 2nd through 24th spots, and now post a new winners payout that is higher than what you have paid so far and no info on paydown for 2nd through 24th.

based on what i see, because of 3-14-08 car count, the purse needed to be cut (adjusted) for 3-21-08. the car count was no better 3-21-08, and now as of 3-24-08 the winner's share has been increased and there is no telling what paydown will be. we feel kinda shafted about being cut last week, and now, more will be given to winner.

i guess the next thing we will be reminded of is the investment made to give us a place to race and we should be happy [thankful] for that. well the last time i checked prices on racecars, engines, tires, tools, trailers, racefuel, shops and equipment, tow trucks with fuel, insurance, sanction fees, track registration, pit passes, (did i leave anything out?) the investment was pretty steep also. well, i am happy that we have more than one track to race at but think there needs to be a little more consideration toward our expenses also.

just my opinion

BOTTOM LINE--If you are racing to get rich, you're in the wrong business. Racing, in most cases, is a losing proposition. BUT, if you are doing it because you like to, the money shouldn't matter. This really is a common sense thing. If your decision to do anything extracirricular is based on paying for fuel, then every aspect of your extra activities should be affected. I think because there is a site available where one can complain about fuel, it makes it easy to do so and make it look like it's a totally different issue-PAYOUTS. Trust me, I understand the frustration you all feel for not getting what you were expecting, however, the new owners have made it clear that they are new to this business and are learning as fast as they can. I can remember a time when previous owners had to pay based on car count and it wasn't always high dollar payouts.

Give things a chance because we all know that if the track wasn't open, everyone would be bitchin' about that. Do it because you love it or don't do it at all--it's anyone's choice!

JMO

WELL

I am sure that if you recieved you pay check for the weeks work and

it was cut in half

WOULD YOU FEEL THE SAME ?tyed

THIS IS EXACTLY NO DIFFERENCE

All it would have taken was to be notified in advance of race day

then all concetrned could have either towed and raced (most probably would)

as you said JMO

You guys want to complain about the price of everything going up so you need more pay. Where would you like this pay to come from? How about we just charge the fans extra. Lord knows the price of their fuel to get to the races did not go up over the last couple of months. The price of their car insurance, car expenses, food, health insurance, etc. has not gone up any. Let's just pass the expense on to them. Well, wait a minute. That would not work either because then you guys would complain about how much it costs your wifes, girlfriends, kids and friends to get into the races. I know what we can do. We can just ask the owners to buy the facility and spend lots of money on it to make it a better place and then pay out more than they are bringing in so we can have a place to race. Something about that does not seem like it will work very well either.

Danielsen Motorsports,

You have stated on here that you have been involved in promoting a track. I have also done the same thing. You and I are both no longer doing it because obviously we did not make enough money to justify all of the work involved in it. The difference in what we have gained from the experience is quite obvious. I learned how much work and money it takes and therefore I do not bad mouth promoters and I try to help the racers understand things that are not obvious unless you have been on that side of the fence. You seem to want to be involved in the negative of everything and you are not helping our sport by doing this. Use your experience to help the racers understand all of the expenses involved in the promoter's side that they are not aware of. Most racers are intelligent enough to see the other side and if they were aware of all of the costs the owners/promoters have they could easily understand the changes being made. Maybe they could have done it a better way. I can guarantee you that they are good enough business people to learn from all of the experiences they will have. Trying to tell racers what the purse will be when they have no idea how many cars or fans they will have is a very difficult thing to do. Based on my experience, it is not shocking that they have needed to adjust the purse. At least they made the effort to pay as much as they could. How about we all help them and make this a long and enjoyable ownership instead of airing out everything you do not agree with.

Lets let this die for now guys on the forums...use your phone....remember we are only 2 weeks in and these are NEW OWNERS...I spoke with the owners at length fri. night and they listened..and wanted input....So realize ANYTHING negative on these forums only hurts the track...if you have internet, I bet you have a phone...use it...Cassy's number is on her acct...

I raced fri. like the rest of y'all...that's my 2 cents worth.....

The vast majority of the 3,000+ TXSZ members are not complainers and do not get on here to make life difficult for others. Judging from the private feedback I get from many of these folks, they pretty much ignore the folks who just can't stop stirring the pot and wonder why they need to stink up an otherwise great racing forum. I have learned over the years that these folks far outnumber the few, vocal trouble-makers.

We all know that there are always a few "boo birds" who complain about anything and everything that does not suit their fancy. At times it looks like they are the majority because most of us don't want to get involved in a public argument or make enemies with the people who are doing the complaining.

Track owners/promoters have a very difficult time dealing with the boo birds and rarely, if ever, get into a public "pissing contest" with them because all it does is produce a bunch of bad feelings all around. Cassie is doing the right thing by asking that they bring their concerns to the management directly, but, as you can see from several of the above posts, that advice is basically ignored and the complainers keep right on complaining.

The new I-37 owners seem very sincere in their desire to improve both the facilities and the show. We all owe them the respect we would give ourselves if we undertook a new and demanding venture. Will they make mistakes? Of course. We all do. Should we give them the benefit of the doubt and bring concerns directly to the management instead of bringing up sore spots in public? Of course.

Thanks for reading.

Nick

The vast majority of the 3,000+ TXSZ members are not complainers and do not get on here to make life difficult for others. Judging from the private feedback I get from many of these folks, they pretty much ignore the folks who just can't stop stirring the pot and wonder why they need to stink up an otherwise great racing forum. I have learned over the years that these folks far outnumber the few, vocal trouble-makers.

We all know that there are always a few "boo birds" who complain about anything and everything that does not suit their fancy. At times it looks like they are the majority because most of us don't want to get involved in a public argument or make enemies with the people who are doing the complaining.

Track owners/promoters have a very difficult time dealing with the boo birds and rarely, if ever, get into a public "pissing contest" with them because all it does is produce a bunch of bad feelings all around. Cassie is doing the right thing by asking that they bring their concerns to the management directly, but, as you can see from several of the above posts, that advice is basically ignored and the complainers keep right on complaining.

The new I-37 owners seem very sincere in their desire to improve both the facilities and the show. We all owe them the respect we would give ourselves if we undertook a new and demanding venture. Will they make mistakes? Of course. We all do. Should we give them the benefit of the doubt and bring concerns directly to the management instead of bringing up sore spots in public? Of course.

Thanks for reading.

Nick

well said nick holt. it cost some of us $100 plus just to pull out to race. bitching about $25 is petty. w the price of gas right now. whats that a couple gallons? i spend $25 dollars on junk food in one night at the track. lets stop being petty here guys. if $25 is gonna make you or brake you, your in the wrong sport. im just saying give the new owners a chance

Think what you want I really can care less if you think I am negative and what not. Look deep into my eyes! My point which you obviously dont get is this once again! Changes and rolling with the punches is one thing. We all expected that and will continue to expect that. But there is one pattern that continues to crop up each and every week and that is the lack of communication. Give everyone a choice when you change something that way if we still come which we will then its on us and nobody can compliant about it.

Example #1 - Dont announce to the world that the first race date is March 7th and after everyone shows up you then tell the drivers at the drivers meeting its not a points race nor is the next week.

Example #2 - Dont announce at the drivers meeting the first two weeks are not points weeks for IMCA when you dont know the rules. Furthermore dont say anything about it until the word of mouth gets around to us on Friday race day.

Example #3 - Dont post a purse based on car count to help protect the tracks interests and then you cant live up to it. But the bad part is drivers finding out at the pay window.

Exapmle #4 - Dont have a forum if you not going to use it 100% to promote everything and make all announcements about everything. In other words dont use it 50% of the time and leave the negative stuff out for us to find out at the track.

Example #5 - Dont have a forum and expect people to not ask questions and voice concerns. Most of the questions started off as questions until they got no response, then when people see no responses they start getting nervous.

Example #6 - Dont ask people to send in concerns and questions as a pm when everyone needs to know the answer to those questions and concerns. Man up and put it out there right or wrong!

Example #7 - Dont p___s dont my back and tell me its raining. I and others are giving them every chance to rock on and will continue to do so.

Example #8 - You go and purchase parking spots, register your "cars", purchase 4 to 5 pits passes each week, purchase 3 to 5 grand stand passes each week, sponsor trophies, purchase track hats and shirts and then come back and tell me I am not supporting I-37. Give me a damn break because that is what we are currently doing for I-37.

I wear the role of the bad guy just fine every track needs one or a hundred. See everyone at the track.

post-3595-1206468747.gif

I-37 and CC Speedway have something in common.They are both established tracks that have some not so happy past moments.I think they even share the shelma and james experience.Fortunately they both have new owners that came to rescue both facilities and are new to this paticular experience.Many racers at both tracks harbor some unpleasant memories.This will cause some racers to look for and exploit negative things.I personally do not think this is in the best intrest of eather track or for the racers eather.Lets give these new owners the benifit of our experience without hostility.

We must think of this as prehaps a brand new endeaver and work together to promote out sport.Sure our new owners will make mistakes but is there a race team that does not?Both new track owners have expressed the willingness to work with teams As difficult as it is to break in new owners plus the shortage of them I believe all us racers should do everything possible to get the success we all want and need.We might take some lomps but when our tracks are reveling in success and money THEN we should look for a bigger slice of pie for ourselves.Remember,people go where people are having fun.So lets have fun and reserect both tracks to the level of greatness we can all be proud of and profit from.LONG LIVE I-37 AND CC SPEEDWAY.

I-37 and CC Speedway have something in common.They are both established tracks that have some not so happy past moments.I think they even share the shelma and james experience.Fortunately they both have new owners that came to rescue both facilities and are new to this paticular experience.Many racers at both tracks harbor some unpleasant memories.This will cause some racers to look for and exploit negative things.I personally do not think this is in the best intrest of eather track or for the racers eather.Lets give these new owners the benifit of our experience without hostility.

We must think of this as prehaps a brand new endeaver and work together to promote out sport.Sure our new owners will make mistakes but is there a race team that does not?Both new track owners have expressed the willingness to work with teams As difficult as it is to break in new owners plus the shortage of them I believe all us racers should do everything possible to get the success we all want and need.We might take some lomps but when our tracks are reveling in success and money THEN we should look for a bigger slice of pie for ourselves.Remember,people go where people are having fun.So lets have fun and reserect both tracks to the level of greatness we can all be proud of and profit from.LONG LIVE I-37 AND CC SPEEDWAY.

gb you drinken some cactus juice i agree with you ....cc has alittle problem with comunication ..37 must have some aswell ..they are new and i will not hold that against them ..don sr bought cc way back when ..man did the drivers have problems with him at first .as he had problems with drivers to .. we didnt have speedzone then ..tv was all we had and used it ... the owners have more to lose then we do . we can always drag race our car .thow ill most likely watch it rot .. you get a new boss at work .and problems will arise for some time ..its life ..lack of understanding is one of the biggest problems we face in racen ..but not limited to only racen ..it will take time and work for both to come together . and it will .or both will lose ..it took time with don .and up until he got sick .racers still raced for him .even us that fault him for quit some time ...... sts ...owen didnt get respect the first night .he worked that out through the years at cc ... all tracks have problems nothing new .so lets go racen ..

Archived