How they were doing at I-37 Raceway Saturday

tqj3

Cassie Hunter sent some times for most of the 32 cars for posting, but she wasn't able to get all of everyone's laps, so take them as just representative of what the cars were doing. (Several people got the 600cc Mini-Sprint at faster laps then Cassie caught.) If any of the car numbers or drivers are wrong it's my fault; I'm still getting everyone loaded into the old mental data bank.

Everybody seemed to be having a good time. I have a couple of photos as soon as I figure out how to post them. Comments on the track and how the day went, anybody?

Sport Mods

Johnny Torres, #66, 19.0 sec.

Allen Torres, "94, 19.11 sec.

Dennis Hilla, #2X, 19.79 sec.

Rene Mares, #22, 20.22 sec.

Jason Stanley, #92, 19.77 sec.

Chris McLendon, #11, 19.98 sec.

Jordan Lueck, #4, 20.48 sec.

Modifieds

Randy Yount, #66, 19.69 sec.

Chris Swenson, #48, 19.27 sec.

George Fink, #24, 20.52 sec.

Super Stock

Eric Knudtson, #27, 19.64

Robert Barker, #27, 20.0 sec.

Gary Hunter, #14, 19.78 sec.

Howie Marcx, #13, 19.82 sec.

David Boudreau, #29, 20.23 sec.

Richard Bartosh, #7, 19.38 sec.

Mini-Sprint

Blake Moeller (no number) 15.92 sec.

There were 32 cars at the track, but we only have times for 17 or so. Yes, there were some pure stocks as well as street stocks, I think. One was Pat Kelly, Sr.s really nice #64, a '64 Ford he was only able to run once last year.

Richard Bartosh was left off the list (my fault). I have added his time to the list.

There are some streets mixed in with the Supers on the list. Eric Knudtson and Robert Barker(Driver of the TSRS#17 Mission Racing Car) were in Eric's #27 Street Stock. We also had the #08 Street as well as #37 Street/Super Street.

I want to say a quick thanks to everyone that came out. We have heard some many positive things. Our goal is to make it even better as the year goes on.

Jason kelly was out ther too in his 57, thought the track was nice got kinda bumpy towards the end, had a few lug nuts back off and half the bolts on my headers fall out, but other than that nice day at the track and cant wait till the next play day

Just an FYI for those of you who do not know Blake Moeller (wing sprint) started his racing at the age of 4 1/2 in a quarter midget. He also drove a quater midget for and was coached by #84 IMCA mod Patrick Kelly. Both Moeller brothers have done very well in their young lives thanks to their Dad Bill and to Patrick. I hope we can see that series race at our track one day ! What a show that would be :)

I'm but a very small voice, but if you ask me I'd say bring'em... How many laps are their mains?

"small voice".....i like that...lol. I am not sure how payouts go for this track, but I was talking to that kid with the sprint car and he said that the tracks they race at do $5000.00 and up payouts. Once again I dont know racing so I dont know whats expected, but I think that is a lot.....right???? You tell me

They gotta have 100 lap mains the way they are flying around the track.

we took our mini sprint to cow town and it was 1500 to win that car weighs i believe 750 pounds with driver and has a tire on the right rear bigger than my mod and the wing has so much down force that if u was to loose the wing in the corner the car would go nuts we let george white drive our car in the qualifier and he said its like a fast go cart sure looks cool george says they drive really easy and they do get really wound up the wing and tire is what makes that car so fast and u can by a good used one for around 3500.00 would make a good class to have a couple times this year

I was driving the little yellow "dwarf" car that the micro sprint drove around at practice. I too was impressed. He was really fast but I was not really trying to drive fast either. I was there to test my car, not run into the tires.

Come out and see us run here on opening night. I think you will like it. I have started with as many as 30 cars which was quite a show. We won't have that many here that night but are hoping to run a regular program.

We race 2 and three wide. We are very manuverable and can drive high or low. Our cars run 1000 to 1200 cc motorcycle where the micro was 600. Micros are lighter and have the wing which helps but there is very few classes much faster on a 1/4 dirt track than the dwarf car.

The Texas Grand last year paid the Dwarf winner $1100 to win. Weekly races are less of course.

I keep seeing these big $ payouts and almost laugh....on a regular saturday/friday night show, dont they get like $250.00 to $300.00 to win?.. and that is with a guarenteed amount of cars...if i37 is going to pay BIG BUCKS like $1000.00 to mods and sport mods on a regular show, the track will either have full pits/cut purses soon. or close early...i can see why a special race pays better, but lets just hope foe a practical purse that can survive and we can race at the track for many years to come...P.S.,i could tell you what we paid those style of cars,and it was not a BIG figure.. frank t

and ur right frank the track is on the right path by keeping to what others run and not going off the path 5000.00 is a lot of money i think cowtown was 4000.00 to win for the modifieds and thats big show pay i personally would rather have the pay spread out it would bring more cars and theres nothing i want more than to have a full pits like when frank ran the place that brings full stands and its all about the people in the stands jmo and i approve this message :P:lol: thats right caps button got stolen i think candace has it she was tired of me yelling on caps ;)

Frank is right. Be careful what classes outside the locals you chose to invite. I hosted this class several times at Battlegroud and I negotiated $75 per car for their purse. They are fast but what makes them attractive is they are different and it was a nice change to bring them in. Speed doesnt make for the best racing. Usually the racing sucks the faster the car because someone always pulls away,no passing and steals the show. The best races to watch for fans are the ones with the most cars in any class because you get alot of unexpected events happen throughout a race. I think its important for this investor to see a big effort from all the local classes and the track management working well with everyone. Focus on the show and making it exciting should be priority 1. Not time trials and how fast cars are. BTW that little car on a raceable track would of went another 15 mph most likely!

Archived