Go-Karts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so the stock briggs we race at rgs is not legal?

HERE WE GO!

There's just no way to get you two [edited out by Nick Holt, 3/5/08] tracks together is there?

I'm to buy two engines and the fuel back and forth and on and on and on......................

I can't afford two engines

that just broke Jared's heart

I appreciate you Mod racer 91 for keeping your true thoughts to your self. You know complaining about the tracks on here is not good for anyone. I know you want whats best for the tracks. I thank you for calling those and talking to them and coming to a solution without causing a scene.

I appreciate you Mod racer 91 for keeping your true thoughts to your self. You know complaining about the tracks on here is not good for anyone. I know you want whats best for the tracks. I thank you for calling those and talking to them and coming to a solution without causing a scene.

sooooo, you want me to get on here and make false statements?

Owen has mentioned that johnny won't work with him on rules so both tracks could benifit from a class, (and lots of us racers have tryed to steer johnny that way), and here he is doing the same thing!

When I make the trip to come up there, I could easyly load a kart and bring a 10 year old that would LOVE to go race with his dad, and add another kart and car to your feild, but now over different rules I can't.....

All I know is if you would have fallowed the rgs stock kart rules you would have gained at least 1 kart (maybe more) every other week..

wow EVERYONE calm down and take a deep breathe, Bobby, I hear you and I wanted the rules to be the same but since we are just starting out we have chosen to use the most economical means possible by going with the Harbor Freight $129 dollar motor. Now maybe we have a seperate class for any age group up to 13 that can run a 5hp motor or whatever, what we do not have at this point is a go-kart tech man so I would have no clue of the differences so I would not know a 5HP stock from one that has been modified again we are just getting started. I want everyone from the Valley to be able to race this is about the Children so I will work it out anyway I can.

PS Bobby I called a bunch of people down there and they all said going with that particular motor only was a great idea, I did do some research.

As a matter of fact I wanted to bring my son down there to race whenere possible like the 15th.

Lets not argue about it but work together.

Owen

If you asked my opinion, I would have to say that the Harbor Freight engine is a 6.5 HP engine isn't it? As per thier website? I don't really care for the quality of harbor freight stuff, especially if you want something that is going to last for awhile..

How would that 6.5 HP engine stand up against a stock Briggs? How about allowing bobby and whoever else that runs the stock class down at RGS run up there a couple times and see if one or the other is faster.. we might find out that there is not much difference other than cost. ( a stock Briggs is probably only about $100 more expensive I would think)

5.5HP OVH Briggs & Stratton at your local Tractor Supply Store... $249.99

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/st...rue&cFlag=1

Just an idea..

Actually Ron if you will go to 4cycle.com, and go through the karting forum there is a 14 page topic about the Harbor Freight (made by Honda) that we are running, the 14 pages talks about hundreds of tracks across the country that are using this motor now and having more success than ever, and you just pointed out 100 reasons to run the "Harbor Freight Motor" money savings.

Anyway just thought I would through that out there.

Just an idea....

Actually Ron if you will go to 4cycle.com, and go through the karting forum there is a 14 page topic about the Harbor Freight (made by Honda) that we are running, the 14 pages talks about hundreds of tracks across the country that are using this motor now and having more success than ever, and you just pointed out 100 reasons to run the "Harbor Freight Motor" money savings.

Anyway just thought I would through that out there.

Just an idea....

Never said nothing about not running the engine you have mandated, just wanted a comparison between that and a Briggs for those that already have them. Have to have some lee-way for other tracks or others who already have a comparable type engine so they can and have it cost efficient as well.

Do what you want to do.. but we have about 10 RGS stock karts down here, most of them are Briggs... imagine if they were all allowed to come up to STS and race. Kids would have a great time.

RON,CAN YOU STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERYTHING SO COMPLICATED, IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT!! GO BY THE RULES.... MAYBE THAT'S THE REASON JOHNNY IS THE WAY HE IS!!! RULES ARE RULES, YOU CAN'T CHANGE THEM TO EVERYONE'S LIKING!!! DEAL WITH IT!!!! AND NO I'M NOT BASHING ANYONE SO DON'T TAKE IT THAT WAY........... :o:oB)

RON,CAN YOU STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERYTHING SO COMPLICATED, IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT!! GO BY THE RULES.... MAYBE THAT'S THE REASON JOHNNY IS THE WAY HE IS!!! RULES ARE RULES, YOU CAN'T CHANGE THEM TO EVERYONE'S LIKING!!! DEAL WITH IT!!!! AND NO I'M NOT BASHING ANYONE SO DON'T TAKE IT THAT WAY........... :o:oB)

It's about the kids... it would be nice to come to a medium on the rules so they can all run at either track. Very simple idea.

And yea, money savings is good... but I think anyone can agree, if you are racing a stock car, and worrying about money savings... you need to recheck your thinking.. it's a bottomless pit of a hobby... :lol:

I think getting the kids involved with what we love is GREAT.its to bad that its not a simple deal that needs this much fine tuning... and i do hear all (bobbys) comments.. hell he wants his kids to do this with him and he does not want to shell out more cash..cant blame him... because if we dont spread our funds out, we will run in the rear of the pack. i know we just built one for a 5 year old.. but if they all run close to each other in the kids class,we would be happy to see it.. just hope all figure out a way without making one regret the time spent to do this deal..good luck.. frank t

Our cart is no where close to the rules. We are going to change it over alittle at a time. We are focusing on all the safety equipment first. Its basically a glorified yard cart. However Owen let us bring it and do some laps and our 7 year old had the time of his life. He had motor mouth for 3.5 hours all the way back home. I am not sure if we can even make all the changes but I dont think its a hugh deal. Even if he just lets us hot lap after the races we are fine with that until they dem our cart race worthy. BTW when do your cart races start?

that is something. you have a modified and you are complaining about having to shell out $129 so your son can race. why don't you just sit out a week for your kid, and you will have saved a hell of a lot more than $129. i think owen has made a good decision for the people who are just getting into go carts and would like for their kids to be able to have a chance to race.

that is something. you have a modified and you are complaining about having to shell out $129 so your son can race. why don't you just sit out a week for your kid, and you will have saved a hell of a lot more than $129. i think owen has made a good decision for the people who are just getting into go carts and would like for their kids to be able to have a chance to race.

Turnleft, you have opened your mouth to proove how much you do not know about me. I have not owned a modified myself in 8 years, some one else spends the money now!!!

Why would any human want to change engines every week? That's stupid!

Turnleft, you have opened your mouth to proove how much you do not know about me. I have not owned a modified myself in 8 years, some one else spends the money now!!!

Why would any human want to change engines every week? That's stupid!

I DIDNT PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER BOBBIE SORRY I KNOW U WILL DO WHAT U CAN TO GET UR SON TO RACE IT MAKES SENSE WHAT UR SAYING SORRY DIDNT GET IT SEE YA

The Stock class rules between RGS and STS should be the same, with the EXCEPTION being STS has a spec engine. If a kart is legal at STS, there is no reason it shouldnt be legal at RGS, spec engine and all. And not only should it be legal, it will be just as competetive.

I HAVE TO ASK THE QUESTION IF THINGS WERE THE OTHER WAY AROUND, WOULD RGS CHANGE

THEIR RULES FOR STS KARTS. I THINK OWEN HAS TRIED TO TAKE THE LEAST EXPENSIVE ROUTE SO

THAT PARENTS CAN GET THEIR KIDS STARTED. REMEMBER THIS IS FOR THE KIDS.

I think Johnny wouldn't hesitate to welcome every STS kart down to RGS, let them run and let the kids have fun. Then if he sees that one or two particular karts are just smoking the competition with speed and horsepower, he might question those particular karts.

Just how fast do you expect these kids to drive these karts on that small tract? I don't have a kid to be racing the karts, they're all old enough to have their own kids. I say let them race a few times with the understanding that if it is an unfair field you might have to work on rules. This is kids out there having fun, I hope, but it sounds like your making rules for the modifieds. Main thing is don't get this where they are going to get hurt out there.

Archived