Southern Pro 4 ?

poorboy

APRIL 2006- 1440 MILES ONE WAY TO THE BULLRING IN LAS VEGAS. I DROVE THE WHOLE WAY UP, THE WHOLE WHOLE WAY BACK AND ALL 50 LAPS. IT WAS WORTH EVERY MINUTE BEHIND BOTH WHEELS.

MY POOR MOM WAS THE ONE SUFFERING IN THE BACK SEAT OF MY 1/2 BACK DOOR FORD F150 :blink::blink::blink::blink::lol::lol::lol::lol:

FUEL FOR ROUND TRIP TO VEGAS- $ 700.00

TIRES FOR THE RACECAR---------- $480.00

4 NIGHTS IN A MOTEL----------------$ 380.00

FOOD FOR THE TEAM------------------$ 450.00

DAVIDS PLANE TICKET---------------$400.00

ONE LOST TRAILER PLATE------------$10 BUCKS(FLOWN UP IN DAVIDS PLANE)

50 LAPS WITH THE PRO4S AT THE BULLRING IN VEGAS-------PRICELESS :D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
APRIL 2006- 1440 MILES ONE WAY TO THE BULLRING IN LAS VEGAS. I DROVE THE WHOLE WAY UP, THE WHOLE WHOLE WAY BACK AND ALL 50 LAPS. IT WAS WORTH EVERY MINUTE BEHIND BOTH WHEELS.

MY POOR MOM WAS THE ONE SUFFERING IN THE BACK SEAT OF MY 1/2 BACK DOOR FORD F150 :blink::blink::blink::blink::lol::lol::lol::lol:

FUEL FOR ROUND TRIP TO VEGAS- $ 700.00

TIRES FOR THE RACECAR---------- $480.00

4 NIGHTS IN A MOTEL----------------$ 380.00

FOOD FOR THE TEAM------------------$ 450.00

DAVIDS PLANE TICKET---------------$400.00

ONE LOST TRAILER PLATE------------$10 BUCKS(FLOWN UP IN DAVIDS PLANE)

50 LAPS WITH THE PRO4S AT THE BULLRING IN VEGAS-------PRICELESS :D

So what did you win? The apples or the oranges :lol:

Hey everyone,

I read that some of you were wanting to see one of the Southern Pro 4 cars in action. There is a video on the Asphalt Bull Ring website of Randy Lee's test and tune on the track.

http://www.theasphaltbullring.com/Videos.html

If you're on a broadband connection, I recommend the larger video, if you're on dial up you'll probably want the smaller one.

I just redesigned the look of the schedule as well.

Enjoy!

-Twitch

If the video is in "real time," Randy turned a 15.8 something from starting line to starting line. The TPS record at CC Speedway is 15.370 set by Donnie Moore in his FWD VW Scirocco in 2005.

Nick

track was pushy .. .no heat ...good off bad in ..... tim you can time off a video . i have some of my times on lap counter installed on video .and can darn near match it and have done so sitting in my recliner ..not imposible ...

If the video is in "real time," Randy turned a 15.8 something from starting line to starting line. The TPS record at CC Speedway is 15.370 set by Donnie Moore in his FWD VW Scirocco in 2005.

Nick

Give them a few more times to test/tune and they will be in the 14's. They will only get faster as they get more time on the track.

Trying to time someones laps off of a recording, over the internet at that, isn't realistic. If you were a prosecutor and this was video evidence, Nick, the judge would drop the case. LOL

Tim

Nick three of us clocked him at a 14.9 at his best lap, but average was probably 15.5's. I was clocked at a best of 15.58, but my average was 15.8's. We were both on old tires.

Ariel, but it wasn't Nick who timed it. :P

Tim

we really dont have anything to prove but for the record i went out on the track 2 times. the first time we went out we were in the 14.9's. turned it up to abour 8200 rpm,s. we didnt get time on the last 25 laps but we did turn it up to 8500 rpms. these times are on old tires with no concern about lap times. we just went out to make some laps, not to "break any records." we had no idea the track would like these cars so much that they would ask us to race once a month. ;) as far as how fast they are, i think 14.3's will probably be something to shoot for. thats only about one second faster than the tps track record held by donnie moore in 2005, or 2 laps down on a 30 lap feature :blink::blink:

march 22nd will be the first race for us- im sure all those interested in the lap times will be there to support it right?

we really dont have anything to prove but for the record i went out on the track 2 times. the first time we went out we were in the 14.9's. turned it up to abour 8200 rpm,s. we didnt get time on the last 25 laps but we did turn it up to 8500 rpms. these times are on old tires with no concern about lap times. we just went out to make some laps, not to "break any records." we had no idea the track would like these cars so much that they would ask us to race once a month. ;) as far as how fast they are, i think 14.3's will probably be something to shoot for. thats only about one second faster than the tps track record held by donnie moore in 2005, or 2 laps down on a 30 lap feature :blink::blink:

march 22nd will be the first race for us- im sure all those interested in the lap times will be there to support it right?

i quess thier aint nutten like four more inches of tires hitting the track ..thats four inches one side .and four more on the otter side ..just in case you cant's add .THATS 8 INCHES TOTAL .... DANG I HAD TO WORK THAT ONE REALY HARD TO FIGURE out .. LOL LOL LLOLLLLLLLLLOOOO HOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO HEHEHEHEHEHE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...randy 8200 aint nutten ..you can hit that in first gear .or second or third or forth ..which gear was you in .... lol gotta pick on you buddy .been awhile ..

Racing in the Mini Outlaw class back in 87 & 88 and remembering the rules from then compared to the Pro 4 rules the largest difference is the quick change and better heads available now. I remember Johnny Martin being clocked at a 14.52 one night in John Gunn's car. It was a part tub part tube car. In 88 the only true full tube cars in the class was Doug McBee's and mine. The Carter's and Reny Orr's VW's may have been more tube than tub but the majority of the class were mini stocks with aluminum and plastic bodies. I remember several times we had TIDA cars running with the Outlaw class with just a tire change. This being said I would expect to see the current cars close to 14 flats if not then the old style cars could still be competitive.

Carlton Eppes

Racing in the Mini Outlaw class back in 87 & 88 and remembering the rules from then compared to the Pro 4 rules the largest difference is the quick change and better heads available now. I remember Johnny Martin being clocked at a 14.52 one night in John Gunn's car. It was a part tub part tube car. In 88 the only true full tube cars in the class was Doug McBee's and mine. The Carter's and Reny Orr's VW's may have been more tube than tub but the majority of the class were mini stocks with aluminum and plastic bodies. I remember several times we had TIDA cars running with the Outlaw class with just a tire change. This being said I would expect to see the current cars close to 14 flats if not then the old style cars could still be competitive.

Carlton Eppes

david evans car was more tube than tub' we bought it for the cage ..... it would not pass for minnie class ..eric wilson was more stock i believe ...

I know where John Gunns outlaw car is, it needs a new front clip though. That was one mean little 2.0, but the valve train did not like it over 8,000 due to only 3 cam towers.

never had a problem turning a 2.0 8500 plus ..and some still do ..its a good ideal strapping them thow ..john had a sidedraft on it ...when i saw last ...

Would anybody have a problem with me building a front wheel drive pro 4 car?

i dont see where you cant build one supper fwd pro four ..start building one and see where it goes from there ..run turbo's and all wheel drive .... maybe you get a large following ..and put us bad old rear wheel drive racers in the barn ....go ahead i dare you ..i double dare you ... :D

The cars you all are speaking of are not pro4's. if you want to build a car for this class you should read the rules for this class. if you want to convert your front wheel drive engine to a rear wheel drive car then do it. the pro4 rules allow vw's, hondas, fords, chevy etc, but it must be a rear wheel drive car. that simple.

fuzzy1- how much did that car weigh?

In the rules it says this

ALLOWABLE CARS

Any fabricated tube-frame race car, perimeter or offset.

No Jeeps, dune buggies, or convertibles.

No all wheel drive, (AWD) cars.

i dont see where it says no front wheel drives. it does say no fuel injection though well from what i understand it would have to be carberated only?

Engine Displacement & Race Car Weights

Maximum engine size is 2558 cc’s

Minimum weight is 1700 pounds.

No fuel injection, Super Charger, Turbo Charger, Nitrous Injection, or Plenum on Mikuni slide bore carburetors.

Base Race Car Wt. w/Driver, lbs = (M x Actual Engine Displ. cc’s) + B

Im not trying to start any kind of agrument or anything like this but just want to see a new class grow so good luck with the new class hope all goes well..

Im no FWD guy but why try to make a class with out them. Most cars now days are FWD and I think Will can bea most of those cars out there and he has done it street tires so I wounder what he would do if he a set of slicks. And besides this isnt the reall Southern Pro 4 class that will be running CC so why make the rules allow a FWD. Dont be scared if you wanna class you gotta give a little. But anyways good luck getting the class going not to many people around here with DEEP DEEP pockets to build a $10,000 PLUS race car. ;)

I say no front wheel drives. Follow the pro 4 rules. Make it a serious racing class with no front wheel- rear wheel bull crap. I don't think there will be enough cars to make this class work but I think this is the class for people that want to make a career out of 4 cylinder racing. It is a stepup from thunders and giives a guy a chance to work with real racing suspensions. By the way this is just my opinion, I don't have one of these cars or intend to have one.

Archived