Southern Pro 4 ?

poorboy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I HAVE NEVER RAN AGAINTS MR. LEES CAR I RUN WITH THE PRO SEDANS. BUT I RUN ANYWERE .I RAN IN FLORIDA LAST YEAR & WILL GO BACK THIS YEAR. IF CC RUNS PROS & IM NOT RUNING ELSWHERE I WILL TRY TO MAKE THE RACE. P.S. APPLES & ORANGES DID YOU SEE THE UP SET ON SUNDAY

How did you place at all the other places you raced and were they Pro 4's? It's just a different class of car, as oldtimer has already stated. Who knows, maybe the Southern Pro 4's will spark something in South Texas and for the rest of the racing community. It never hurts to try.

Yep, I watched the upset on Sunday. Too bad you can't convert heart and emotion into HP.

Tim

Here is a link to the SouthWest Pro-4's site. Take a look...

http://www.boomspeed.com/swpro4s/

TIM ITS A JOKE DONT BLOW A PISTON LOL PS WHERE ARE YOU & WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DRIVE AGAIN.

No love lost. Me, drive? Nah, I prefer to watch. B) I am the network engineer and musician of the family, or "the geek" who works in a Federal underground facility with the thermostat set to about 65 degrees. I prefer the music studio to the race track, but being in Germany, I don't get to see much late model racing. Of course Hockenheim Ring where they run the annual Forumla 1 race is about 30 miles down the road.

Tim

TIM LOOKS LIKE THE CARS I RACED IN FLORIDA & WERE FAST

I miss Florida and am ready to go back! B)

Tim

on behalf of lalo ..he and jessie .did very well seeing they have never seen that racetrack ..running against some ten inch tired pro 4 .and finished i beleive 3 rd and 5 th ..with tps cars ..and wrong gears . on 8 inch tires ....in fact one of the fast pro 4 drivers could not believe lalo could pass him on the streights ....but that was a half mile track ..... tim if the track could get enough cars to race down here and keep them comeing and running most of the year and next and next years ..it maybe something we may want to rebuild our car to fit in ...it would over time be cheaper to run here than out of town ..... hobbie thunders and super thunder typ racen ..this sort of happend in the late 80.s ..outlaw minnies were running on the same night as minnies ..gb was one of them ..... lee.s car kinda looks like those ..,,, tim i have two of those carbs right here at my house ..i just need the rest of the car ...to go with them ..lol

lalo you have a fast car .you maybe able to run with some ..but im realistic here .. lee has the upper hand here ...... will it isnt the horse power we have what he and they have ..the chassis ... the light wieght racen parts ..the motors set way back ..the brake system lee has ..the rear end lee has ..a plain car like ours and lalos will just be on the track with his car if he has that thing up to par ..remember lalo .he will have 10 inch tire too .. but i am not against this ..let it run ..have some fun ..just not going to buy 800 .dallors worth of tires and rim.s to see if we can just keep up ..maybe that sounds like im downing our car ..just cant take a hobbie and race with the late models and exspect to have a good race with the have's ..unless he slows down ..besides lalo //its a pro 4 class ..your car isnt pro 4 ..niether is ours ...our body isnt up to date ..lol

oldtimer. we won the tps championship with a stock chasis in 2002 and had to run agains the "pro4s" that leroy farmer and steve foster owned. we were bone stock on the chasis except for shocks and springs. we even had rear drum brakes. im not trying to be a smarty pants but people didnt think we could compete against those fully tube chasis cars either. we actually won every heat race that year and 6 features on a 13 race schedule. i encourage all rear wheel drive 4cyls to give it a shot. these cars are super fun.....if you like to go fast. check out the rules at swpro4.com

randy the cars back then and some of what you have in that car now .are different .you know that and i know that ..now you would not have ran that mustang aka pinto chassis car up north ..im not going to say we cant race our car against yours ..but we wont catch you ..if that would be the case then why have what you have .waste of money ..and one other thing you had a good tps car back then alittle pushy through the corners ..but that head you had just plain out powered every other make and model then ..and thats where the rules that tps had on those heads came from ...plus i have to admit you can drive ..that had some affect .... another thing tps did not let dual carbs ,,quick change rear ends and other parts the pro 4 cars have now run back then .nore does tps let those parts run now ..... i am not against yahs cars running your own race . just not enough at this time ..without some tps typ cars joining in ..stock typ chassis that is ...i hope you can get some more of this typ car down here ..id love to see them race ..this is a START good luck .. ps im not trying to be nagative ..just realistic ..... now can i drive your car ...come on buddy you know you love me ..lol

randy the cars back then and some of what you have in that car now .are different .you know that and i know that ..now you would not have ran that mustang aka pinto chassis car up north

oldtimer you are mistaken, and you are missing the point. if dad hadnt built the car we have now i would have taken our pinto aka mustang to the west coast, thats actually the only car we had when we were invitied the first time. here is what i would have done first. put ten inch wheels on it and taken about 250 lbs off of it. at that time i would have found a comparable track to test on and made adjustments until we thought it was good. im really not trying to talk about that car but im trying to make a point. if a stock chasis car can run with a tube car in the tps then why cant one do it in a pro4 class? when you come up with your answer maybe you can answer this question too.

what head did i run on my mustang in 2002?

a little pushy in the corners.....lmao. the last year we raced i never turned a screw jack and it sure didnt feel pushy in houston the year before when we broke the track record in houston by over half a second. im not trying to be a jerk but quit pretending to know what you really dont about MY CARS.

as far as driving our pro4-----just build one. or better yet buy a roller. they are all over the place for pretty cheap.

Archived