Super Stocks...Southern Late Models

gary2

Super Stocks,Southern Late Models drivers, How many cars are going to try to race at texana this year.I will be there. I would like to get the word out to some of the drivers I think we can get enough cars to give the track and fans a good show. You can run a full body car,Check out the rules and come race,They open the tire rule ( 50 # for the spec tires.the weight will have to be in front of the engine plate) If i can help with any questions call me If i miss your call i will call you back i work nights Gary Blanchard # 2 979-482-0245

Gary - That's a good thing you're doing to round up the interest in the class. I don't have phone #'s for everyone (I do have some). But, I do have a list of all of the drivers names from Supers in 2007 and Super Stock as well as Streetock in 2006. We had both the streets and supers in 2006. I'd be happy to provide that to you, give you the phone #'s for the ones I do have, and then you could do some research and direct outreach to the drivers in the class by mail or other for the rest of the list. I think it would be worthwhile to try and contact the street stocks from 2006 that didn't move on up to the supers in 2007. There are some former street stocks still around that could run with the class, and I know some of them would definitely give the class a run for the money.

I know specifically of nine drivers that plan to run in the class this year. They may not be running for points, but they have their cars and are ready or near ready, and I think they'd be there the first night. That's just the nine I've come into contact with, and I'm sure there are others.

Let me know if you want the lists from 2006 and 2007 and I'll get those to you.

I was glad to see the association reach a concensus on the tires. That was a smart thing to agree on that and utilize the weight penalty or weight discount depending on what's used. That really established some middle ground of give and take. Very good decision. There is the 50# addition in front of the mid plate if you use the spec d series tire, but there is also a 50 # discount if you use the pull-offs. With the rule merger, the cars can together without complex issues at either track.

Call me or send me a message if you want me to get you the list of complete drivers mentioned above.

We would like to have you come and race with us,The tire rule should be updated soon ,fairley simple if you want to run the spec tire you will have to add 50# in front of the motor plate, med hooisers 305 285 275 go with the reg rules, asphat pull off you can take 50# off your total weight, all on 10 in steel rims

What was the ruling on the tires? My daughter lives in Yoakum and would like to run with you some.

Harlin Covert # 60 Super Stock I37 & HCR

Harlin - I attended the meeting on Bruce's behalf along with several drivers that run at Texana. Texana had basically adopted the SLMS rules for 2008 with a couple of requested additions, including the allowance to run the 4412 carb. We held off on printing a specific tire until the association met. We'll update the rules we posted for the tires, in a few days.

As Gary noted, the choice on tires is a good thing and easy to apply. The spec tire is the one Texana had been running for Supers the Hoosier D series. The new weight for the class is 3,000# and even with the 50# weight penalty, taking it to 3,050#, it is less than the previous weight in 2007 for Supers.

I was impressed that everyone could come to an agreement on the tires. What has evolved, is exactly what drivers desire and talk about often. Having similar rules that can be run from location to location. This will be an asset for the class overall, holds the potential for the association to organize some special events, and the class has a common base of rules for some tracks.

Would be great if your daughter can come down and run with the group. We'd really like to get a feel for the car count early in the season.

What was the ruling on the tires? My daughter lives in Yoakum and would like to run with you some.

Harlin Covert # 60 Super Stock I37 & HCR

Harlin - I attended the meeting on Bruce's behalf along with several drivers that run at Texana. Texana had basically adopted the SLMS rules for 2008 with a couple of requested additions, including the allowance to run the 4412 carb. We held off on printing a specific tire until the association met. We'll update the rules we posted for the tires, in a few days.

As Gary noted, the choice on tires is a good thing and easy to apply. The spec tire is the one Texana had been running for Supers the Hoosier D series. The new weight for the class is 3,000# and even with the 50# weight penalty, taking it to 3,050#, it is less than the previous weight in 2007 for Supers.

I was impressed that everyone could come to an agreement on the tires. What has evolved, is exactly what drivers desire and talk about often. Having similar rules that can be run from location to location. This will be an asset for the class overall, holds the potential for the association to organize some special events, and the class has a common base of rules for some tracks.

Would be great if your daughter can come down and run with the group. We'd really like to get a feel for the car count early in the season.

I meant to say that when I visit my daughter I will drag my car along and I will race it.

I have heard good things about your track and look foward to racing there.

Harlin Covert #60 Super Stock

We are getting calls and emails from fellow SuperStock racers,I think we are going to have a good car count if everone can show up . Fill free to add your name and car #

Walt Clark #33 be there with bells on . Lets go racin Boys!!!

We are getting calls and emails from fellow SuperStock racers,I think we are going to have a good car count if everone can show up . Fill free to add your name and car #

Hey Gary: I know the rules for street stock say no Camaros, But I would assume super stock class a camaro would be ok ,right?? Asking for a friend tring to get him to go back to dirt.. Thanks Walt #33

Hey Gary: I know the rules for street stock say no Camaros, But I would assume super stock class a camaro would be ok ,right?? Asking for a friend tring to get him to go back to dirt.. Thanks Walt #33

Yes, the camaro's are fine for SLMS cars at Texana.

• 2 weeks later...
Super Stocks,Southern Late Models drivers, How many cars are going to try to race at texana this year.I will be there. I would like to get the word out to some of the drivers I think we can get enough cars to give the track and fans a good show. You can run a full body car,Check out the rules and come race,They open the tire rule ( 50 # for the spec tires.the weight will have to be in front of the engine plate) If i can help with any questions call me If i miss your call i will call you back i work nights Gary Blanchard # 2 979-482-0245

What r ya doin?? sellin yr car . thought i would be able to see what the front of your car looked like in my mirror,LOL Thats a good looking car in the picture , the price sounds good to me . shouldn't be too hard to sell .. Talk at ya later . Walt.

I had several call asking why i was selling but I have changed my mine Walt,(with a little help from my wife) I am keeping it I had nick take the add off for me , we will be there with everone racing this year,we are also adding another car the # 44 going to be drivin by Bobby Coe will be racing with us, Our class is really growing if everone can make the shows

andrew mann and david mann will be there racing the #00 and the #95.

hey gary,

I noticed that the SLMS is scheduled to race on March 29 at Edna and 105 Speedway. I don't see how that is working together.

Good question....I looked at the schedule on 105 when it first came out and it wasnt on the same date as Edna...or I didnt think it was...

#49 Street Stock from Boerne plans to run most if not all of the Edna races. We wont be contending for a win but we look to have fun, help car counts and maybe surprise one or two!

Really....I love you guys...and dont worry to much...I am still running a street stock motor...you guys will be fine out there..AJ

This class is starting to look exciting!!! The superstocks have seen peaks and valleys over the years, and this year looks like one shaping up to be on the upward trend. I would encourage as many cars as can, to attend the first two nights on our schedule. If there's a good showing the first two nights out of the box, theres some exciting potentials for the class as the season progresses. From a historic perspective, until we hit the first night, the only thing the owner can do normally is base the class on a previous year... But, it looks like 2008 will easily top 2007 in the Super Stocks and the owner of the track is listening...

And, how about this.... We'll hold on officially posting it on the Texana website at present, but I've talked with ownership, and if we have at least 16 cars start the feature in Superstock we'll be paying start money of $40 (basically your entry fee back) for 11th - finish for anyone starting the feature. Might even begin discussing what the calendar looks like for the class for the rest of the year. You know me... I love dirt track racing, and I'm here to help sell the product.

From the sources I've heard, there are at least 15 to 17 cars lined up for opening night. Maybe more.... I'm impressed with the drivers in this class. You guys have done what it takes to shake the trees and recharge the interest in super stocks. Y'all are great in that you've bonded together, made contacts, etc. Supers are great class when the cars are there. What if for the first time in many, many years there were more than 24 cars and we had to run a B.

I would encourage you guys to take me up on my offer made previously in this thread to provide you with all of the names of the drivers from the 2007 Super Stock Class, and the 2006 Super Stocks and 2006 Street Stocks. Split the list up among you, and make contacts to see who still has cars that you haven't talked to yet. Call them and see if they've heard about the excitement about the class. I can toss one of y'all their names if you like. Send me a PM if you want to contact them. I'm happy to supply the names to you.. We did send the "spark the season up" letters out to all of the drivers we had in our 2006 and 2007 database. But, it would do a lot if someone in the class got a call from one of the other drivers in the class.

And Danielsen, don't sell yourself short on that "streetstock". With your driving experience, you'll always be a contender when you show up.

Archived