help dirt info

waddy

my name is leland waddell and currently run in the tsrs late model series, it looks like thare is a posibility, this could be our last year at thunderhill, could anybody tell me if there is a class on dirt that is running my type of car, and if this type of car can be made to work on dirt? i.ve got a port city offset lm fab chassis with camaro fab front clip iron head 4412 llm motor after market crank rods pistons iron eagle heads nothing exotic, you can hang just about any body on this chassis, don,t know anything about dirt but i gotta race somewhare , any info would help thanks leland

actually the car are alot different. the dirt late models are more like a modified that a TSRS car. the only interior a dirt late model is a tub and decking like a modified. it would be a task changing it over. If you late model have passanger side door bars then it most likely not work as a dirt late model. then the next biggest problem is finding a track in tx that still runs late models. neither killeen or waco runs late models so you will have to travel.

Waddy, the cars running the "Southern LMS" series(?) are more of a "limited" late model dirt chassis and motor than a true late model. Some parts of the country call the cars they're running are called "Hot Stocks".

I ran a car like the cars they're currently running in SLMS and I assure you, "true" dirt Late Models they are not. (If you were to want to run that , the closest you might get to that in this part of the country without extensive traveling would be the Crate Lates runing at HRP.).

If you're interested in runing with the SLMS, I know a number of the guys that do and could get you in contact with them. For now, I'll touch base with the guy who ran 2nd in the series last year and see if he doesn't mind me giving you his phone #. You can discuss eligibility with him.

The SLM class will be having a drivers meeting on the 12th in houston. it will be posted on texanas form in the next few days we will be racing at texana and 105 . to run with the Crates at HRP I think they have a motor rule sealed 602 or a 604

Thanks guys for the info i,m still researching every option its all new to me (dirt) , Just can,t think about not racing somewhere, i,ll do what i have to, i,ll see some of you guys at a dirt race or two soon and check it out, thanks keep responces coming

Leland, Come to Killeen and check out the Sport Mods and the Modifieds. To me this is more fun than we used to have at Longhorn years ago.

Dirt is a blast thats why my uncle Terry Woodall is still racing an IMCA modified from time to time. Even he sayes it is some of the most fun he has ever had in a race car. That also why I will be back on dirt after I go race this year on asphalt to say I did it. I am rebuilding my modified as time comes open. :D

Leland, Come to Killeen and check out the Sport Mods and the Modifieds. To me this is more fun than we used to have at Longhorn years ago.

wayne good to hear from you. i havent seen you in a long time thanks for the info let meknow when you are running. lwaddell28@yahoo.com

Archived