2008 Rules and Classes

I am sending Nick the rules to attach to this post so please give him a little while to accomplish that.

We will only have 5 classes in 2008. There will no longer be a Texas Thunder class, 2007 did not prove to be a good year for the Thunders so with 2 tracks in Corpus Christi I have decided to let the Thunders go. I have always supported the Thunders and this was not an easy decision but a necessary one.

We will be Racing IMCA Modifieds, IMCA Southern Sport Mods, Hobby, Pure Stock, and Bombers.

The rules for the 2 IMCA classes can be found on the IMCA website and we will follow them to the letter.

The other rules will be attached please take a look, I do not think there are any changes to the Bombers, very few changes to the Pure Stocks, and some changes to the Hobby's.

I am working on the 2008 Drivers meeting I will put out a date as soon as I have a venue secured. The registration of cars will be $25 per car, for IMCA classes it will be $25 per car plus the IMCA license fee, check their website for additional info. Parking spots - the front row will be $100 per spot, all other rows and spots will be first come first serve. (The $100 will include a sign in your location).

The 2007 Banquete will be help at the Annaville VFW on January 19th from 7:00pm to 12:00pm, I will release some more info on the banquete after the first of the year.

The First event of 2008 will be February 7th, 8th, and 9th, it will be the kickoff event for the USMTS Southern Series. The remaining schedule will be released after the first of the year, I will try to have at least 1 practice before season starts.

If you have any questions please give me a call.

Owen Pittman

361-548-0669

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Well I messed this up, some of the rule modifications in the Hobby Class got left out, Nick is going to change out the current set with a new set that has modifications. Sorry my bad, I left the full frame info out, plus tire grooving, and spoiler info so they should be fixed in a little bit.

Sorry for any inconvience.

Owen

[On Edit: I have replaced the Hobby Class rules with the new set that Owen Sent me. I know it's two hours later, but I was away from the computer for a bit. Nick]

Owen I understand where your coming from on having no Mini-Stocks I dont blame you at all. I had a blast the past 2 years out at STS and will continue to do so. Anytime you need help just get ahold of me. No money needed just wanna help out and support the track,after all "ITS THE PLACE TO BE ON SATERDAY NIGHTS". ;) Cant wait to see some IMCA RACING.

DM, the major changes in the Hobby Rules are for 3-link cars with tubular rear clips, they have trailing arm lengths and angle rules, if you look at the weight the rear percentage rules changed for leaf spring cars and full frame cars, basically some small changes to slow down the tubular 3-link chassis. The Pure stocks changed very little, 1 bead lock is allowed now and no rul on wheel offsets, not much other than that.

Hope this helps.

Owen

A stock clip car to run in the southern late models. Either roller or frame and looking for parts also. I have a bunch of stuff that I am gonna try to sell or trade that I am gonna post tomorrow. Basically I said I was done with turning left but I guess it was not done with me so gotta re-stock! Let me know if you have anything Eddy thanks

Owen, why not allow 3 working brakes in hobby since they are a full race class, just seems like a cheap way to make a little faster. Especially since your track is pretty heavy most of the time. Thanks for going IMCA hopefully both tracks will do a little better this year.

Archived