David Umscheid

i like the 76 pic ...the firesuit looks like it was in a fight with the car ,,greasy dirty .roughed up ..those were the days ...that look either brought the fans out or scared them off . depending if it was fighting or a race breaking out ..looks lke female pit crews were not the norm ..

i like the 76 pic ...the firesuit looks like it was in a fight with the car ,,greasy dirty .roughed up ..those were the days ...that look either brought the fans out or scared them off . depending if it was fighting or a race breaking out ..looks lke female pit crews were not the norm ..

David's fire suit looks that that old greasy welding cap he had for years. J.C. or Michael probably remember that thing; heck, he probably still has it.

Dirtiest, nastiest thing I believe I ever saw someone put on their head.

David's fire suit looks that that old greasy welding cap he had for years. J.C. or Michael probably remember that thing; heck, he probably still has it.

Dirtiest, nastiest thing I believe I ever saw someone put on their head.

What even worse is i use to wear that thing at Longhorn when we went to watch him race, i had an old one that i guess just got to nasty to wear in the racecar anymore. I will try and find a pic of the "HAT"

J.C

And take a look at some of them "high dollar" towing rigs in the infield in that 2nd pic(where he's in the 91), including a couple of Uhaul retread specials.

Those were the days!

Billy Bailey

• 9 years later...

Archived