RULES

postell69

ok .first off GB and i dont see eye to eye ..thats the fun of it ..i have respect for him as a driver and as a person ..i am not for him being bared from cc . now we dont know the whole story and there maynot be anymore to it than what it is ...... now for saying this to gb on speedzone .thats there progative .. i just hope the track called him and talked it over and could not come up with a salution ..i have said things on here that probably should have gotten me run off ...from cc and the other series . and speedzone // and i would of exspected them to call me first to tell me they dont need me ..before it is said in public .... AND I HOPE THIS DONT KEEP HAPPENING .. i hope that if something is said thats not to the tracks likeing ..they dont always go to this exstreme .. gb good luck ..track good luck ..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really puzzled about this whole barring people for voicing their opinion thing. Let's just hope that there was a better reason "behind the scenes" for this decision. If so, then so be it. If not, you've got to learn to take constructive criticism if you want to stay in the track management ballgame. I don't think we've seen the my way or the highway attitude really work at very many tracks lately, have we. If we are trying to rebuild a racetrack, barring people that have supported the place for more years than I can count on my fingers and toes is not a good start.

I KNOW GB NOT MUCH OF A DIRT RACER,BUT COME ON OVER IT HAS A WAY OF GROWING ON YOU :huh::)

I believe he is pretty tough on dirt as well but there will be no thunder class at STS this year

That didn't come out right,what I meant to say was that he prefers asphalt over dirt I think. Looks like the drivers should stand behind GB until the ban is lifted. Sure is bad MANAGEMENT when you get kicked out for voicing your opinion. JMO

Well,OT looks like our lifetime fuede with me is finally over.Too bad,you were lots of fun to hassle with.CRT,its safe to come back now,I will not be running over your quarter pannel anymore.The fuede between the VWs and the Fords has also come to an end after 14 years so more fairness rules will not be needed.It was very simple to get rid of Thumper,he will not race where he is not wanted.For the record,there is no behind the scenes action some speculate on.What I have to say is always public.I was told last nite that if I publically apologise I will get a call tonight instructing me on what censorship and probation restrictions could lead me to be re instated.Unfortunately,tonight is movie nite,the night I set aside to spend with my wife so I might miss the call.To me its simple,if CC Speedway is better off without me then by all means get rid of me.I have told this to Mr Yocum,Carol,Doc,Owen,Don jr,Mike Creasy,Mike Carlock,and even Shelma and James Beasley.Michael,whom I have never spoken to, and Shawn have made their decision.I dont want any of you racers to keep this from you racing and having a good time.Im sure this is personal and eventually I will find out what or who is really behind this.I went back and read the last 12 pages of posts and am not sure which one needs an apology.Maybe someone can point it out. G.B.

GB,

I too went over the past month's worth of Thumper's posts and find that I did not have to delete anything. Which seems to support your claim of innocence. As everyone knows, TXSZ has a fairly strict no-bashing policy, so I guess I am somewhat amazed by the reaction of the track management to your posts.

On the other hand, someone has stepped up and is obviously trying their best to make the best of a shaky situation at CC Speedway. The new management should be given the benefit of any doubt and supported fully as they try to get this venture back on its feet.

I can see both perspectives and both are valid to some degree or other. Sure would like to see you back at CC Speedway, though...

Nick

To All:

Just had a long and enjoyable conversation with GB. I explained my issues to him and he understands that things appear different to some one on the outside looking in. GB will be with us this year all it took was communication, thats why god gave us two ears and one mouth.....to listen twice as much as we speak. He knows now that we have had many conversations driver to driver in the pits and that we all need to be ambassadors to this sport so the fans come to see the show in numbers that this fine facility deserves.So dust it off,tune it up, give her a fresh coat of paint ......march 1st is coming at us like a "ragin bull". All drivers are welcome and we have so many things for you that will become clear as we move towards opening nite.Keep in touch at "theasphaltbullring.com

P.S. who says toyots,hondas and the like with FWD and FI can't join in? Get er Done

dang there went my tearfulness . reading what gb had to say just choked me up ...... lol ...and now he is comeing back if he wants too .. [ WELL ]

now i have to call off the going away party i was throwing for gb ..thow he wasnt invited .... jk .... ok gb what do we get started on now you old fart ..... BE NICE ..

First I want to thank all you guys that voiced support,called and E Mailed me.It feels good to know Im still part of the family.I just want to assure you that all is well again and the problem was communication.Let me explain.

People who have been involved with CC Speedway for a long time know that every year there is a war between the FWD ans RWD minnies.The Ford guys want more restrictions and the FWD guys want more freedom.We argue and fuss and this carried on to the forums.Other classes of cars think we are rediculious.In this case Mr Rhoads thought I was talking at him or the speedway when I really was talking to my fellow Thunder drivers.When the dust settles,we go on and have a great racing year.My post about SS tires was really aimed at my Thunder guys that still think paying a lot for race tires is in the best intrest of the class.In reality the SS guys have more resources than Thunder guys so maybe it doesnt apply.Its none of my business anyway.

With the 60 year anniversity of CC Speedway comming up and the generations of families involved how could anyone not support CC Speedway.It is an instution.But it is soon to be even more.After preaching on here for years that a Sat nite race track needs to be more,an outdoor arena,it is going to happen.Corpus Christi is going to benifit by having an events center.The Boss is working with many corporations to promote this arena.He is getting these corporations intrested in CC Speedway and they are now reading this forum too,its not just the racers now.I believe this is why he is so nervious about critisim.Non racers dont always understand our lingo.If this is to become a public forum then we need to be more professional like we do after the races when the fans come to the pits.What does all this mean for the racer?Possibly more money and popularity.We will use racing as a beginning to this new venture.The City will benifit by having activities.The corporations will benifit by having huge crouds to promote their products.

Where will we racers go to vent our concers without involving the public with our dirty laundry?Stay tuned.

Now to all Thunder guys and gals.This years fighting is over,the rules are posted so now its up to us to do what we do best and get a show together like we have done in the past.Regretfully STS is not going to host Thunders this year so that means now we unite with a great field of cars.Nobody is perfectly happy with the rules but nobody is totally unhappy eather.This is our chance to make 4 cyl racing fantastic.We should recrute new teams including the V8 guys that quit because of cost and time restraints.They would really enjoy Thunders if they just tried it.The Boss also understands the need to evolve our cars into the cars people drive today.The doner cars for racing a street type of car comes from the salvage yards and impound auctions of now so these types of cars are important too.We should all tip our hat to Will and his pesky Neon for showing us a modern car can be competetive.As well as BJ34 who finished 2nd in points his rookie year with a box stock Neon,built by Will.Lets get the count over 30 and watch me petetion for more money.Everyone knows I do that too.Ultimately I hope we can evolve into 2 classes,Street stock Thunders and Super Thunders.Maybe the latter can run slicks.Fact is you get more racing for your money with Thunders than ANY OTHER TYPE OF CAR!!!!!

OT,I really want you to get Lisas car going and get her regular again.Thats your new mission.As for us how bout an oldtimers race.One lap,ON FOOT.You me,Pappy,Lalo,Poorboy,Greg Sr and anybody else over 40.If anybody makes the whole lap,he wins.Walkers are allowed.Now my finger is tired and Im going to the movies.See you all soon. Thumper

IM GLAD YOUR FINGERS GOT TIRED . I WAS GETTING TIRED OF READING ..YEP I AGREE .FROW NOW ON .I WILL NOT BE CRITICAL OF THIS CLASS OR TRACK OR RULES IN PUBLIC ...WELL ILL TRY HARDER ....SO HOW MUCH WIEGHT AR.. SLAP MY HAND .....DRIVERS FANS OWNERS LETS WORK HARDER AT BEING POSITIVE MORE ...THATS HARD I KNOW ....THIS DARN CONTRAPTION MAKES IT TO EASY TO BITCH ..NOW ILL RUN THAT ONE LAP ASLONG AS I GET TO START HALF A LAP AHEAD ..MAKE SURE THERE ARE ENOUGH MEDICS HANDY ..

... i wonder if they will have a black flag for rough running ..i dont want one after i knock you over the wall ..you need to be pinalized one lap for giveing out my speed secrets ...now they will probably want to check my exhaust for any unusual smells ......i hear that gb elected himself chief inspector and will personaly be the sniffer ... ... anyone else hear aboult that ...

Archived