RULES

postell69

COULD NOT MAKE MEETING BUT HEARD THE TIRE RULE CHANGED AGAIN CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT IT IS NOW CHANGED MY STREET TIRES FOR G 60S NOW WE CANT RUN THEM SOMEBODY LET ME KNOW I TRIED THE WEB SITE BUT SAID SOME CHANGES ARE BEING MADE THANKS

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D I attended the meeting and Shawn/Mike put out that you could run any 60 series tire as long as the roll out does not exceed 90 inches. If you need further clarification before you buy or mount any tires, I would give Shawn a call. Shawn's phone number is (361) 443-3439. :D

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (back home in CC) :ph34r:

Desert Cop, You left the meeting to early. We thought everybody wanted to run the American racers. But, the majority wanted to run a different tire than what we had in the rules from Hoosiers to Good Year , very few wanted to run G60 American racers cause they will know longer be available as pull offs in this area. At the end of the meeting we were back on 70 D.O.T series. One more reason to stay till the end of the meeting. With this is mind we still want to give the SS class more grip for their motor. We are aligning our track with HMP. The tire of choice will be a Goodyear 270 right side & 265 left side. These tires are very durable & affordable & are currently being run with pro modified & pro trucks. Mike and I are making arrangements to pick up tires from Houston for a tire test @ CC Speedway Before this tire is selected permanently We will be calling a few drivers for this test. Number of calls depending on number of tires we receive .

just a thought pures and hobbies run g 60 at dirt so couldnt we get there pull offs like i said just a thought so dont everybody get there panties in a wad dont want this to end up like the thunder cars

Just a little more food for thought. If you want to put the SS cars on a racing tire, why not align your tire rule with THR? THR has a class of cars comparable to your SS cars that actually may come down and compete occasionally. HMP doesn't. I'm sure there's a lot more involved in this decision than what I know about, but I just wanted to offer that idea up.

Thanks

and the plot thickens... :unsure:

Someone really needs to think about this changing tire stuff.. look what happen at SAS when they went from Hoosier to American Racers... anyone got what the car counts went from/to?

If your going to force tire changes you need to allow guys to use up tires... If your tires last 4-5 races average, you need to give them 4-5 races to use up inventory MIN...

our current Texas track situation isn't good.. and some of the "Silly Season Moves" are really driving cost to racers...

Me personally I Know Mary Ann's doing what she must, but i now have to spend about $1K on tires at the start of the season.. There goes the new motor.. If what i got blow's its getting parked due to lack of $...

Sorry can't keep mouth shut any longer... We need to think here!!

WELL IT REALLY DOSENT MATTER WHICH WAY WE GO BUT WHEN THE TRACK SAYS GO AHEAD USE ONE TIRE I BOUGHT NEW TIRES AND SOLD MY STREET TIRES TO A BOMBER DRIVER NOW I HAVE NEW TIRES THAT I CAN ONLY USE AT THE DIRT TRACK SO THATS WERE IM GOING SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOTHING SAID ABOUT TIRES UNTIL THE MEETING GOOD LUCK CC

B)-->

QUOTE(Shawn B @ Dec 12 2007, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mike and I are making arrangements to pick up tires from Houston for a tire test @ CC Speedway Before this tire is selected permanently We will be calling a few drivers for this test. Number of calls depending on number of tires we receive .

My I suggest that if there is a driver or drivers that would like to submit tires for testing BEFORE the FINAL decision is made, get with Shawn, I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Too bad there isn't only ONE tire availiable that would certainly solve this issue.

Is there ANY tire test info out there for CCS. I personally have not raced on any of the tires mentioned so I can't comment on way or the other some input on this please the clock is ticking............thanks in advance.

Hey Desert are you staying or going back. Call me and let me know .And if i havent said it before we appreciate everything you do for us over there and here for that matter.

Good luck Dry Slick.Thanks

:( I'll be staying 5 May 2008 - 27 November 2008 :( when I re-deploy to the middle-east. This time around it will only be for 7 months, but I'll miss nost of the season. That being said, I want to run as many races out at CCS before I go. So I'm keeping close to the phone on any updates from CCS on things such as tires and such.

As soon as I can get my garage clear of my brothers junk, I'll come find you to get the car brought to my house so I can start getting it ready. I want to paint it a different color scheme, and get with you on the graphics from the same guy who did your modified.

Did all the loaner parts get that were loaned to tothers get returned (i.e. quick steer, wheels & tires) before the one of the other car gets sold? Shawn says he has a traler that I can use, so I'm looking forward to running some laps and getting used to the car.

Send me a PM with your cell number on it so I can call you when my shop gets empty.

Thanks, Dennis

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (back home in CC) :ph34r:

WELL IT REALLY DOSENT MATTER WHICH WAY WE GO BUT WHEN THE TRACK SAYS GO AHEAD USE ONE TIRE I BOUGHT NEW TIRES AND SOLD MY STREET TIRES TO A BOMBER DRIVER NOW I HAVE NEW TIRES THAT I CAN ONLY USE AT THE DIRT TRACK SO THATS WERE IM GOING SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOTHING SAID ABOUT TIRES UNTIL THE MEETING GOOD LUCK CC

WELL IF YOU GOT A SET OF G-60'S, I GIVE YOU HALF OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM. THEN YOU CAN GO BUY THE TIRE'S YOU NEED, SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DEAL FOR ME,HA HA HA!!!! :D

just a question.. shawn why are yah looking at the tires that houston runs .verses what kyle runs ..i cant remember many fine houston drivers comeing down to race as many times as those fine drivers from sa area .. im not putting noone down here and i dont know didly aboult those tires from any track .... remember just a symple little question .so dont beat me up .......i know i need togo find a hole to climb into right ..

Supers & Thunders were announce to be on the F53 next year not the goodyear..

Will these cars be asked back this year if so under what rules?

Who supported that magical race 8/4/07.....

Super Stocks

1. (01) Terry Tschoerner, Taylor, TX

2. (99) Cary Stapp, San Marcos, TX

3. (13) Keith Garrett, New Braunfels, TX

4. (51) Greg Rohmer, San Antonio, TX

5. (9) Chris Birmingham, Leander, TX

6. (4) Duane Toyne, Leander, TX

7. (45) Scott Stubbs, Del Valle, TX

Thunder Stocks

1. (44) Jason Stanley, San Antonio, TX

2. (50) Aaron Brungot, Cedar Park, TX

3. (19) Jamie Evans, Cuero, TX

4. (24) Marc Roy, San Antonio, TX

5. (12) Jody Wayne Stuart, LaVernia, TX

6. (20) Anthony Gordon, San Antonio, TX

7. (67) Joe Horne, San Antonio, TX

Grand Stocks

1. (39) Mark Chrudimsky

2. (47) Brad Burke, Johnson City, TX

3. (65) Floyd Reed, Spicewood, TX

4. (95) Brad Brockman, Aransas Pass, TX

5. (139) Matt Merrell

6. (60) Raymond Riley, Buda, TX

7. (49) Mark Rahn?

8. (92) Art Ganss?

9. (48) Steven Dalrymple, San Antonio, TX

10. (83) Bryon Reed, Kyle, TX

What kind of tire wear would you expect with the F53's at CCS, lefts & rights ?

Honestly, the goodyear is probably better suited for a track like CC that is rough on tires. I just wondered which would make more sense in terms of aligning with another track for tire purposes - the track that has classes similar to yours or the one that doesn't.

Without question the Goodyears that are currently being run by the Pro Mods and Pro Trucks are the way to go. You really have to work at wearing those tires out! They are very durable and very repeatable. In fact, the first few times you run them, they are not as fast as later! They cost less, last longer, you don't need new tires every time you turn around, the front runners hate them because it gives the "poor boys" (not you Bruce) the same tires as the teams that can afford to put new tires on every week. What's the sense of putting new tires on if they're slower??? I just don't see why any track would not run these Goodyears.

And, no, I do not own any Goodyear stock.. LOL

Nick

SS99

I understand your point. All I am trying to do is get as much usefull info as I can. The decision is not up to me, and quit frankly I don't have anything to do with the rules, what I do not want to see happen is a rule being implemented and all of a sudden everyone starts speaking up on how bad that decision is, instead of everyone trying to work together beforehand. I apreciate everyones input and want to see asphalt racing in Texas grow.

How much are your tires and who supplies them, how many race nights do you get on a set?

Thanks for the input Nick, I just thought of another question, would they work just as well at THR as they do in HMP? If they cost less and run longer it seems that the Goodyears would be the way to go. Pro's Con's keep the info coming.

The F53's will be $125 this year, thru the track (SS Motor Sports) 970's were $115 ish believe...

I took 970's that had 2 races on them to CC when we went down in Aug. Ran over 100 laps on them, and raced the next race at THR on them... I have been told by others not to expect that out of the F53's

I know TSRS at houston has had issues with Flats before on the rough track.. Not sure what was deamed the true cause but there were a ton in 1 race.

Thank you Nick,,for your post on the tire issue. Goodyears will cost $100.00. HMP assured us they do last longer. If some out of towners are intrested in testing this type of tire just e-mail me at shawn@theasphaltbullring.com Ratdaddy Thanks for your help also.

Archived