Just talked to Nell

Meester Dennis

Just spoke with Nell, she said she has several people looking at the track, but if it doesn't sell by April she will be opening. The track will be ran on Friday nights, it will be IMCA. Pure stock and IMCA rules will be the same, and due to low car count street stocks and supers will combine. Rules are being worked on.

Nell would also like to know if their is any interest in having a playdate on Saturday, December 29th. I will let her know how many people have responded and she will make a decision based on response.

At this time that is all the info. I have. I will keep everyone posted as I find out more.

Dennis Hilla

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please pass some info to her from us street stock and super drivers. If combining has to be done then at least adopt the STS Hobby rules instead of making yet another different set of rules that wont allow us to race anywhere else. This is very important because if we all go through changing parts and spending money then at least we have somewhere to race in the event she decides to rain out every week or close the season early like this year with 2 months still to go. Also keep in mind there will be drivers from both classes that wont combine and run this new class so just simply combining them doesnt mean you will have great car count numbers. Also expect some street stocks to drop down in the pure stock class, how are your pure stock drivers going to react to that? The street stock and super stock classes should be paid based upon car count not scrapping the classes. The street stocks proved they were growing each time they ran. I dont understand how you can base anything off of last year with everything that happened and all the rainouts. I will give her credit for not throwing in the towel but the changes are not answers to the problems.

I dont want this misunderstood as I want to say this as respecful as possible but for the love of god get some dirt track people involved in making these decisions. Alot of good, knowledgable individuals have been involved in racing a long long time and can be your biggest asset if you would simply use them!

Please pass some info to her from us street stock and super drivers. If combining has to be done then at least adopt the STS Hobby rules instead of making yet another different set of rules that wont allow us to race anywhere else. This is very important because if we all go through changing parts and spending money then at least we have somewhere to race in the event she decides to rain out every week or close the season early like this year with 2 months still to go. Also keep in mind there will be drivers from both classes that wont combine and run this new class so just simply combining them doesnt mean you will have great car count numbers. Also expect some street stocks to drop down in the pure stock class, how are your pure stock drivers going to react to that? The street stock and super stock classes should be paid based upon car count not scrapping the classes. The street stocks proved they were growing each time they ran. I dont understand how you can base anything off of last year with everything that happened and all the rainouts. I will give her credit for not throwing in the towel but the changes are not answers to the problems.

I dont want this misunderstood as I want to say this as respecful as possible but for the love of god get some dirt track people involved in making these decisions. Alot of good, knowledgable individuals have been involved in racing a long long time and can be your biggest asset if you would simply use them!

There's way too big a disparity between the super stocks and street stocks to combine them.

Tire issue alone is a deal breaker. Weight breaks won't really work because you can't make the typical street stock that light in any case without sacrificing percentages. Also weight rules don't mean much where scales are rarely seen! Looks like I'll be racing strictly in Killeen.

Don in Austin

keep the existing rules for both classes. run heats for the streets then the supers combine the two classes for one feature and give an incentive to any street stock that can win the feature.

that is what i would do if i was in charge

Texana seems to make it work without doing away with super stocks...and STS didn't seem to gain a lot of if at all on car count when they changed...

Y'all are going to killeen,,,lol... I guess I'll be going to edna...

Make no mistake,,,I dont want to go somehwhere else, but I dont see those kind of changes happenning to my car in the budget...and ..I dont really want to change classes...

how many years will it be left as it is?big tire classes are a thing of the past... look around..if a class cant cut it,its got to go away.. a track cannot and should not lose money on it any longer..how is the STS big tire class?KILLEEN?,WACO?STEVENSVILLE??... they DROPPED them .. because they fadded away.. some will be hurt.. some will need to spend money to change over... better to find out now then during the season..the two classes are a world apart in reality,the one that is more plentifull and has a chance to grow should outweigh the class that just cant get it done...STS had about 20 per night after it went small tires... Killeen about 25, same for Waco....i think that is a better show then 8 to 15...i like the sport mod class.. but also enjoy watching good tight racing... that takes cars... the fans i think will agree.. its about a good show... frank t

HOT in Waco announced at the last race that they were considering dropping the i-stock class(8 in tires) because of low car count. There needs to be a class for full fendered cars that will work, not 3 or 4 different classes that look almost the same. Weight is a good equalizer and a track should pay $1500 for some scales instead of expecting each driver to spend about that much to make a car legal in another class.

STS averaged nowhere near 20 cars in hobby Frank...as a matter of fact the biggest night was 16...they averaged 11....I dont know about the other tracks,,,,but saying they averaged 20 is misinformation...

on edit...I looked at the results from the STS website...

OLDGUY,, they dropped the i stocks....they had an average of 9.... the streets had an average of 19....the streets had 8 inch rubber on them... there i stocks are not pushed out... they just are not IMCA class. they can race there cars in streets.... cars looked the same... i stocks just hade more restrictions... 350 2 bbl and intake rules...the promotor was dropping a class with poor car count... sound like a local big tire proble?frank t

So just think about it if I-37 averaged 8 cars in Super Stock and STS averaged 11 and they were both on the same rules that would average out to 19 cars if some were to travel it would really make a good show. This does not even Include the Streets that raced a I-37. So I guess it would be better for the Supers at I-37 to stay the way they are and race with 8 cars than change a couple of things and have an average of 15 or more cars a night.

ok 1st off...i-37,,went thru alot last year...we had very good and building car counts the 1st part of the year..I would bet the turnouts would have been different witthout the 3 owners / promoters changes and rainouts...the 1st 4 races proved the potential of the track..in all classes...I dont think there is an easy answer to any of this ...I am only posting my point of view because I am in that class...the best case scenario for the track is a new owner willing to pay decent purses,,,a few big races ,, well promoted ,etc...I REALLY hope that happens...

SEE YA IN KILLEEN DON.

Randy

Well I sure can't make plans for I37 this late in the game!

It's a shame -- wish I could.

I know my car can race at Killeen and the '08 IMCA -Stock rules are out -- not that they changed significantly anyway.

Pat said '08 would have the exact same classes as '07.

Don in Austin

i,like all that love to race and enjoy i37 want it to work... i know that the purse going up wont probably happen...i know it cant... unless someone just wants to give there money away... i know first hand that it lost money.. even with lots of hard work and effort being put into it..i know that 3 to 4 years ago i addressed the big tire class problem...what changed since then?this class wants more purse because of what it cost to build one.... but it just was not there.. still is not.. i wanted a big purse for the class once a month... still could not get interest..what has changed???if the pures are the show and they bring in possitive #s,then the bonus should go there way.... same for mods,sport mods or any class that can produce..we spend alot,but if the track closes,what have we got?..frank t

Well I sure can't make plans for I37 this late in the game!

It's a shame -- wish I could.

I know my car can race at Killeen and the '08 IMCA -Stock rules are out -- not that they changed significantly anyway.

Pat said '08 would have the exact same classes as '07.

Don in Austin

I am with you Don even thought I-37 is Closer to home I will be in Killeen every weekend. There rules are out dont have to wait till season starts. Re-Skining car now ans it will be ready.

99 I know what you mean when I raced I-37 every week I backed the class I was in but knew it was dying. So rather than be Screwed I spent the money made some changes 8" tires, motor, ect. and went racing wether it was HOT, Killeen, STS I knew my car would run. Now if I went with the 10" - 13" tires I would not have been able to run. All I am saying is it is time for change it has been there for a while now, big tires are out. We need to wake up and smell the coffee. I really dought there will be any Big Shows for Big tire Classes there arent very many cars still out there.

Well...There is a super stock touring series,...and Texana's thread shows nothing about combining classes...actually the last thread talked about the touring guys joining them more often..and i said decent purse,,,$1oo to win sucks,,,Texana pays $350 to win for 10 or more...thats decent...

.If the class goes it goes at I-37...I wont change this year..I will travel if I have to and when i can afford it...

and the big races I was referring to was for the track,,not necassarily our class...anyway...wait and see what happens...

the southern late model stocks and the texana super stocks are just about the same cars all the way around. slms have 4 barrels and a narrower tire the texana cars are 2 barrel and the wider tire. they are talking about combining the 2 to help out both series/

Like I said you will loose street stock drivers.

Well again like I said your going to loose cars and they are ones that supported the track last year. Plus not just street stocks. From the sound of it your going to loose Super stock drivers too. You just cant throw that kind of information out there without talking to the drivers and not having a drivers meeting. Give an educated answer to why and have a goal in mind. It would go over better and again you may have ideas from this large but getter smaller by the minute group of drivers/owners.

God please send us a promoter for Christmas, I have had my moments but overall have been good!

At the very least drop gas prices so we can travel every week, hehe.

This track is in dier need of a bomber class a true entry level fun class that basically makes money. Its #1 priority is to make money, pay $75 to win only pay the top 5. Maybe suprised after a full season how many you will get if you stick with it. Costs of racing is very high these days and its a way to get more fresh people to the track. With all of the enduro races scheduled everywhere I think the class would get car count pretty quickly. If they reach 20 cars double the pay. Get these classes making money. This class would. The pure stock already does. So start figuring out what it takes for the other classes to as well. Look at all of the surrounding tracks. They are having banquets, drivers meetings and 08 rules are out at most of em. Nontheless there is activity and talk going around, I-37 doesnt have nothing, its simply rediculous with the lack of communication. You would think they would be 3 months ahead of everyone else closing early. Edit me if you must but thats the buttom line!

I don't know the answer, but without people filling the grandstands there is not an answer. Races with just a few cars lasting until 12:00 or 1:00 in the morning is not going to improve anything. If the track depends on the pits to pay all the expenses then it has very little chance of improving anything.

Archived