2008 Plans

I wanted to post some information so that people would not use the 2007 rules to prepare for 2008.

My current plan is to go IMCA Sanctioned for 2008 for the Modifieds and the Southern Sport Mods I have not payed the franchise fees yet or even turned in the franchise agreement but currently am planning to do so, everyone will need to prepare for this by making sure their equipment fits with in IMCA rules. I realize this means different tires, wheels, and for some motors as well as other changes to comply with IMCA.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up before they started spending money on the wrong things.

Owen

Don't see how the Hobby's or Pure Stocks could evolve to a IMCA class, if you go through the rules for IMCA Hobby's they are more like our bombers than our pures as far as rules go and the I-stock's are a stretch for our pures to become yet our Hobby class has Camaro's and tubular rear clip cars so that eliminates them, basically what I am getting at is I would like to see some fender classes be IMCA just would be a true ground up re-building process that I do not believe we are ready for at this time.

I am not sure on the Hoosier day one but I would imagine so, I will have all the details ironed out before the drivers meeting.

Owen

Huge turning point for the track...IMCA is definitely the way to go. As previously stated by others...great news. Would love to see IMCA in Pleasanton on Friday nights (i.e. every Friday night...but won't hold my breath) and then at STS on Saturday nights. Already can't wait for March...

...just a fan

Got I-Stock?

Another vote for IMCA Sanctioning---Mods and Sport Mods

Winter Series Racing---Thats a crap shoot due to weather---LETS TRY IT and get a jump

on the state and regional points

TIRES---gotta buy IMCA Stamped Hoosiers sooner or later--GET THEM NOW

then all are the same tires---Am sure there are going to be plenty

races that will not be sanctioned to use up the AR s---EDNA--RGS and others

Lets get ready to race

Big Al

Owen,

I know IMCA rules are IMCA rules, but the only diffrence from Hoosier 500 IMCA "sticker" tires to the regular Hoosier 500 tire is exactly that, the sticker. Tire cost 2 more dollars and thats cause that goes to IMCA. Most of us bought new tires for the USMTS show and the valley race and do not have IMCA stickers. I know last year they allowed until July 1 to have these on your car if u were running sanctioned. Any chance you can let this happen??

I will check into the tire and wheel thing for both Mods and SportMods but it is not what I can or can not do, it is what IMCA will allow and will not allow. If IMCA says we have to follow the exact rule day 1 then that is what I intent to do, sorry but this whole thing will not have any integrity and will not work unless we go with it and enforce it properly. Hopefully I can get it all worked out soon so everyone can be prepared.

Owen

PS.. Sak you didn't race the USMTS event so why did you buy tires for it???

Read something about July 1,2008 for the complete compliance in the new rules for 2008. Believe this covers the tires and rims issue. I will look for it and try to quote later.... By the way Owen could you please post when you have the info on the awards banquet. Had a blast this past season and look forward to getting bigger corporate sponsors for this next season. STS is an Awesome place to race. Keep up the good work. We all in for IMCA....

Oasis Racing

PS.. Sak you didn't race the USMTS event so why did you buy tires for it???

Most of us bought new tires for the USMTS show and the valley race and do not have IMCA stickers.

I was going to race the USMTS Show Owen, but with my car in the valley and me in kingsville its hard to work on it when it gets tore up the week before. Plus i wouldn't have made it from kingsville to mcallen back to corpus in time to race on thursday anyways :blink:

If IMCA says we have to follow the exact rule day 1 then that is what I intent to do, sorry but this whole thing will not have any integrity and will not work unless we go with it and enforce it properly. Hopefully I can get it all worked out soon so everyone can be prepared.

Owen

This is the best line of text I have read in a damn long time.... I wish other tracks would dedicate to this as the norm for track operations.

The rules are the rules... if someone doesn't want to abide by them... load up your car and go home.

I love it!

Archived