Thunder Cars

thumper

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i always enjoyed racing gb the only problem i had with him was the year he keep taking us out on the last lap comming out of turn four remember that mike

boy do i ..mad enough to hang him high a many of times ...he loved that quarter panel back then ..i told you to paint a skull head there ... maybe he would not hit it ..he can deny it all he wants ..to many other racers saw it along with the fans ..only problem was you were to nice .... ..i know three features and a championship race he did that to you ......those were the good old days ..

Just got word that pesky Neon is considering a comeback.I think we should make all cars faster than mine carry a 500 lb weight penalty.I dont want to see Neons instead of sheep jumping the fence late nites again.

I was hoping for a way to help the small engined and automatic cars be competetive.It would be great to see 30 + cars.Maybe there will be 30 Neons instead.NOOOOOOOOOOO............

Just got word that pesky Neon is considering a comeback.I think we should make all cars faster than mine carry a 500 lb weight penalty.I dont want to see Neons instead of sheep jumping the fence late nites again.

I was hoping for a way to help the small engined and automatic cars be competetive.It would be great to see 30 + cars.Maybe there will be 30 Neons instead.NOOOOOOOOOOO............

30 neons ..thats all you counted .. thats low ...i think all cars slower than yours should be 500 lighter ..... you know what the worst news could have been me comeing back to race ..will asked me to come back ..you know what i think it is ..will wants me out there so if he beats both of us .he will have something to make him feel better ..he would know he beat the two best oldtimers ..two i say ..gb and i ..with me at number one ...pappy is close ..steven .. maybe we all oldtimers need to build some cars and show the younger.s how its done ...just count me out ...

stsracer,you know you represent exactly what oldtimer doesnt want to admit.Instead of whining about the FWD cars you just beat them anyway.And at your track the minimum weight was 200#s less.I took the 200#s out and still finised second to your car.Someone forgot to tell you FWD cannot be beat.Congratulations on your championship.Whats next for you?

Oldtimer penalizeing the competetion has never worked.If it is successful,the entire field suffers because it is a setback in the quest for speed.Remember my Karman Ghia was eliminated with a speed of low 17s.Today the speeds are in the low 16s.I feel like somebody might get into the hi 15s this year.It might be a VW or a Neon or a Honda or a FORD.Might even be Tims old car.Or Pappy.He sure does his homewoek.One nite I borrowed his pyrometer and found out my LF tire was over 100 deg hotter than my RF.Before that I never knew I was spinning my LF.I dont own a pyrometer but if that pesky Neon comes back and does his thing again I will buy one.I dont want penalties on that Neon or Pappy or Tims old car or anyone else.If I fall behind I will work harder.

Tonight is a good example of negative competetion.The legend of Thumper was so intimidateing he was removed from competetion at RGS..The fact was I was struggleing to get a handle on that track surface.It was a new challande to me.They said my entire car was illegal but they did not know why.There was a small group saying they did not a "Corpus" car ruining their show.I was offered a ride in the championship winning car but declined.I know the regular driver can go faster than I cound in his own car.Like any team the best performance is what we strive for.But this is the track that is having their final points race the same nite of the biggest race in south Texas for mods and limiteds at STS.Got the points chasers over a barrel.I can tell you this,it sucks to be left out.

I think everybody should go to tonights show.Having been in several big shows in the past I promise you a show you dont see on a regular nite.Watch those professional teams negate the home track advantage with a couple of adjustments.These guys are the best in the business.

My concern for CC Speedway is I have not heard any ideas of how to attract new teams.All this oldtime talk made me ask where are the youngtimers.Lets get these rules opened up for the CAR OF TODAY for the DRIVERS OF TODAY.Each of us oldfarts need to take a new team in an advisement capasity and help them acheive success.Lets open some doors.Lalo I know you must have a young person handy to put in a car to represent your team and with your help he or she could do well.I know you want to.I know you can.Same for Bubba.Oldtimer get that lady more track time Shes awsome.What would attract new talent?Other new talent.For the young people racing now,measure your success by your improvements.Seat time is the biggest teacher and thats all the oldfarts really have.Ask Tim and I think he will agree.

if you dont penalize competitors ... then it will be a free for all ..so . penalizing has been part of raceing for aslong as i have been around it ..if you dont figure out how to slow some down .it cant grow . nascar ring a bell ..now for someone that has won more races then most id would exspect it from you to say its wrong to slow you down ....otherwise you wont go home with what money you been winning ...your good .cant take that part away but to ask people for ideals on what to do to help out other cars to make it fair ..it has to start at the top ..and i havent heard your ideal on how to slow you down ..or anyone that wins alot ...its ok to you to have others adjust thier cars to help the slower racer .just not aslong as it effects your car ....... tps has pinalized us for what we have to try and equal out the different typ of cars ..and this next year they are doing some [ r and .d ..] with some cars ...if it is found to be a big edge for some cars then that will be adjusted dureing the season as so stated they have the right do ..and if its one of our cars then so be it .... you know i would love to see a world of perfect rules to make it equal . just wont ever happen .... you said the intire field will suffer from there quest for speed ..on the contrary.... speed is not the only equation in racen ..close competitive racen is much more fun to watch with the right rules verse more money to go faster to catch up to the front guys who already have it ...and i may say we are one that already have it also ..so in thier quest for more speed they have to spend money ..now can you come up with a way to get the speed you run now with plain old pure stock car .nope ..so you ask what can be done to help those other cars that havent been built ..heck i dont know you tell me ... ...... as far as tim and his brother beating you and winning the championship ..you didnt race every race that year ..and at what cost did it take them to succeed in them doing so ..i know it was not cheap ...

Thanx GB but my car wont be raced around here its going up north to a town or city called Jasper Texas. And I would have loved to try you out at CC but I didnt.I didnt wanna take a chance of tearing my car up. Hell I never even got a flat tire this year. I doubt I could have said that racing CC but dont get me wrong CC was fun to race just always that 90 o/o chance of having a tour up car at the end of the night. Good luck to you guys my next thing to move onto is my familey. My boy is getting older and I wanna do more things with him so its time to get as boat and be a familey guy. But I will still be watchin some races and maybe I might be able to drive someones car one night. ;)

Thanx GB but my car wont be raced around here its going up north to a town or city called Jasper Texas. And I would have loved to try you out at CC but I didnt.I didnt wanna take a chance of tearing my car up. Hell I never even got a flat tire this year. I doubt I could have said that racing CC but dont get me wrong CC was fun to race just always that 90 o/o chance of having a tour up car at the end of the night. Good luck to you guys my next thing to move onto is my familey. My boy is getting older and I wanna do more things with him so its time to get as boat and be a familey guy. But I will still be watchin some races and maybe I might be able to drive someones car one night. ;)

jasper been there . nice town to visit other than what happend a few years back ...with that dragging death ....tall trees. ..its a long drive to come down to pick up a car ...just down the road from where the space shuttle crashed ..sad deal ........... slysnake did you get the itch back ..

Wow oldtimer you know every negative thing that happened everywhere.

sorry poorboy ..just been alittle po.ed lately ....and tired ..with this time change i cant sleep past 3.00 am for the last week or so ..my time clock cant get used to it ...and i cant go back to sleep ..so again sorry ..

Oh , nice town with tall trees. I feel better now.

forgot the neg the guy that got drugged behind a p/u until he hit a covert and his head pop off and yes they do have nice trees

forgot the neg the guy that got drugged behind a p/u until he hit a covert and his head pop off and yes they do have nice trees

thats the one i was talking aboult ..but it is really nice country out there .what you can see of it ..love for cc to look that way ..

thats the one i was talking aboult ..but it is really nice country out there .what you can see of it ..love for cc to look that way ..

my eyes must be getting bad didnt see the dragging part cc could use few more trees

I just found something intresting.A memo from June 13,1998.It said dont go racing tomorrow nite until you call the track.It seems that while I was on vacation the first 2 weeks of Juse like always the Ford guys had a rules meeting and changed many things " in the intrest od fairness ".That was the year I discovered the Hooser 8" tires.It seemed people wanted to go back to the re-cap tires so anyone with the Hoosers had a 100# penalty.For good measure the minimum weight went from pound per cc to 2132#sFor me that meant going from 1870 to 2232,an increase of 362#s.Another change was all wheels had to be the same size.The Hoosers only came in 13s so that was not an issue.All these changes and more in the middle of a season done behind my back like the government does.

When I realized what had taken place I went back home to bed.There was no time to make all the changes from Friday nite to Sat.Around 10pm it hit me that I had earlier raced a Pro Sedan race and at that time I had to add 400#s so I had the weights,brackets and springs ready.I finished around 1:00 am and loaded up for the next day trip.The memo and a copy of the new rules were taped to a trophy dated June 14,1998.

When I got to the track I remember Thomas asking me to give him some help.He said his car would not go.I looked at his car and with all the weight he added made the car sit on the groung.Suspension collapsed it wouldnt go.I told him to remove the weight,he cant race with the car sitting on the frame.

My point is making penalties does not work.It hurts the wrong people.Being afraid of different ideas is counter productive.Afraid of tires,FWD cars and fuel injection is just dumb.Making rules that favor overweight,overpriced out of date cars has no future.The season ended early,Carlock said he had enough.The Hooser tires became the track tire for Pro Sedans,Thomas quit and I sold my Scirroco.

It seems there are people who want to walk the same path again.Im just glad more people did not follow the lead set by Thumper,that bad fast Neon and the super quick Integra or there would be a lot of FWD cars along with a few very fast Fords and the wins would be precious few.2232,thats almose the weight of a modified.Sure makes them hard to stop. :ph34r:

G.B. , that old scirocco of yours just won't die. I pulled it out of the junkyard last month, and it's almost ready to run TPS again next year. Sergio tried to kill it a couple of years ago. Every part on it has been replaced.

Only thing left to find is a driver. Maybe OT wants a ride.

Archived