Thunder Cars

thumper

I thought this would be an intresting poll.

WHAT KIND OF CAR WOULD MAKE A DOOD 4 cyl RACE CAR IS AVAILABLE NOW?

For a rear wheel drive,a 240SX,about a 95 with a 2.4 fi engine.

Front wheel drive,VW

Small engine car,1600 Civic V-Tec

Autimatic car,Chrysler or Mitsubushi with a chain drive final.

What other kinds of cars would be good Thunder cars and why?

Anybody care?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol .. JUST BUILD ANYTHING . BRING EM RUN EM .DEAL WITH EM .....YOU CAN CALL IT OUTLAW 'S ..... RUN THE TURBOWS AND ANY OTHER THINGS THAT COME ON THEM .... RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG ..CARB VERSES FUEL INJECTED .. WE WILL RUN THE LARGEST CARB I CAN PUT ON ..THEY CAN RUN THE LARGEST THROTLE BODYS AND INJECTRORS ...COMPUTOR CHIPS ...NOT MAKEING FUN OF YOU GB ... CANT SURGER COAT THIS ..THATS THE FUTURE IF THERE IS ONE ...

In my opinion thunder racing will never be fair unless there is a rear wheel drive and front wheel drive class. Otherwise there is going to have to be alot of give and tack from all involved. I think there are a number of different cars that can be used for thunder cars but I agree with GB that there needs to be a weight break for some of these little 1600 engines.

In my opinion thunder racing will never be fair unless there is a rear wheel drive and front wheel drive class. Otherwise there is going to have to be alot of give and tack from all involved. I think there are a number of different cars that can be used for thunder cars but I agree with GB that there needs to be a weight break for some of these little 1600 engines.

poorboy i have to agree with you ..on wieght break .and fwd verses rwd ..to bad there isnt enough of both to split them ...between thunder and tps ..there would be ..but chance of them splitting would never happen ..plus two classes of thunders would have a heck of a time finding a track to run both ...unless they split weeks ..at this moment if you took count ..thier is more rwd.than fwd.s racen at this time or setting at home on jack stands not racen .....

You're right thats why there is going to have to be alot of give and take.

poorboy i gave alot along with eric johnson .. pops carpenter ..crt ..bill branch ...and someone else i cant think of at this time ..we gave a bunch to the vw bug back then ..1990 ...pappy who wanted to bring a funny looking sports car ..then some fwd.s in which you ran in ..and that all started from us that had cars ..takeing out all our racen motors ..racen tires .and went to stock parts ... the track was not going to race minnies anymore for lack of cars ....frank hole told us we had to do something or else ....pops and i spent many many nights in 89 changeing from what we had spent alot of money on.. to go back to stock ..big lost for us .but a big gain for minnies ..then after two plus years .it all started back to money cars ..i said back then if it ever gets back to money cars again . i will quit racen before i ever give up alot of what we and or i have spent up till today . wont give up much to build a class again ...i .we would just park our cars and let them rot before we start over . but i have always been open to helping slower cars get up to the front .provideing that driver team is good enough to do so .. hell i cant remember how many cars we built for drivers back then ... and help them run closer to the front ..i even helped them beat me ....

Well heres an intresting bit of news.Thumper was blackballed from RGS.It seem there were a few drivers that did not want to race with him.They told the track they would boycott the racetrack if they continued to allow Thumper to race.Im not sure if it is the driver or the car they object to but since they come together it really doesnt matter.Funny thing is I was repairing the Rabbit to be a RGS regular.This explains why my home track is not my home track.It is a private playground.Another case of the myth being bigger than the man.

OT,you and Carpender should have thought of this years ago,get a few drivers together and say eather I go or you all go.I would not have made your life so miserable for so long.

GB why would you post that are you tired of raceing or what . now that the pay out at cc is 250 to win the samething might happen at that track. I race at STS so it does not make a differents to me but why give a group of people something to think about to give them a better chance to win it is not right but you see it can happen. <_<

OT,you and Carpender should have thought of this years ago,get a few drivers together and say eather I go or you all go.I would not have made your life so miserable for so long.

Thumper, they tried doing that and it didn't work....Sorry to hear about RGS

Thumper, they tried doing that and it didn't work....Sorry to hear about RGS

who is they .....the only person we tried to kick out and did .was i wont name him but most of us know him ...he said he was going to take a driver through the wall and tried so by by ..the drivers voted him out ...i like gb ..he is one i love to hate ..cant live without him ..and if we really the class wanted him out .we could vote to not race ..and most likely not get to race at cc again .....but if the drivers dont want a driver racen with them and its most of the class .then i would think its cheaper to get rid of that one car .then a whole bunch .......... but not unless this guy is wrecking people all the time .and being cought cheeting alot ..not just becuz we they dont like him ....

I know that no one in Corpus would seriously try to blackball any driver unless he was causing harm to others.The difference at RGS is the Thunders are needed to help pay the modified purse.Each Thunder car pays 70$ to get in with 1 person and car.The purse starts at 75$ and goes down from there.The winner makes 5$ more than he pays at the gate,everybody else puts money in the other purses.Therefore they need the car count.CC Speedway and STS has never relied on one class to pay another so this boycott could not work.OT,I was just funning with you,your so pickable.

And yes Ratdaddy,CC Speedway has ALWAYS done magical things and I dont see next year being anything less.I think its the people that make the magic.

I agree that everything that was said at the meeting if they go along with what was said the track should do very well this next racen year. and to what was in my last post thumper is a well built car but the car is crap without the man behind the wheel GB has completed all his homework on the track and knows what will work on his car and what does not work. so they will try to add weight to his car to slow him down like last year and if that does not work what next black ball him because he is the man to beat out on the track what is he to do just win everother race so someone can win who does not have the track figured out or more money than driver skill oldtimer if GB wanted to no matter what you did to your cars he could win beside crash him to let one of your other cars win dont get me wrong not saying your cars can not win but GB has the car to beat at CC,STS,and RGS there are cars that are getting their but they need more track time :)

They rae now saying my car was kicked out because it is illrgal.They dont know what but it must be.Heard that lots.I offer to change anything they wanted on the first nite.But now the witch hunt began and not only am I barred but my reputation is ruined too.I offered my car to teck every nite.Nothing to hide.

Sorry to vent on you guys,it really is no big deal.Thanks for the support.Guess where I will race next year.

I know that no one in Corpus would seriously try to blackball any driver unless he was causing harm to others.The difference at RGS is the Thunders are needed to help pay the modified purse.Each Thunder car pays 70$ to get in with 1 person and car.The purse starts at 75$ and goes down from there.The winner makes 5$ more than he pays at the gate,everybody else puts money in the other purses.Therefore they need the car count.CC Speedway and STS has never relied on one class to pay another so this boycott could not work.OT,I was just funning with you,your so pickable.

And yes Ratdaddy,CC Speedway has ALWAYS done magical things and I dont see next year being anything less.I think its the people that make the magic.

hey what are friends for ...... cc has never died ..that track will live on ..it may stumble some .but you just cant keep a good horse down ...besides its the only track that will let gb race on .lololololol...

I agree that everything that was said at the meeting if they go along with what was said the track should do very well this next racen year. and to what was in my last post thumper is a well built car but the car is crap without the man behind the wheel GB has completed all his homework on the track and knows what will work on his car and what does not work. so they will try to add weight to his car to slow him down like last year and if that does not work what next black ball him because he is the man to beat out on the track what is he to do just win everother race so someone can win who does not have the track figured out or more money than driver skill oldtimer if GB wanted to no matter what you did to your cars he could win beside crash him to let one of your other cars win dont get me wrong not saying your cars can not win but GB has the car to beat at CC,STS,and RGS there are cars that are getting their but they need more track time :)

nomatter what ..lol you think so ..thats funny ..

They rae now saying my car was kicked out because it is illrgal.They dont know what but it must be.Heard that lots.I offer to change anything they wanted on the first nite.But now the witch hunt began and not only am I barred but my reputation is ruined too.I offered my car to teck every nite.Nothing to hide.

Sorry to vent on you guys,it really is no big deal.Thanks for the support.Guess where I will race next year.

gb you can vent all you want .it gives us something to do ..bring it on .... while your at it gb ..let bj know that we have what it takes to beat you ..so sometime next year we will just have to go do it ..lol ..thats a challenge ...lets do it ... what the saying to be the best you have to beat the best ....

oldtimer what was the closest any of your pinto came to him not counting a wreck taken him out or half the class in the bull ring i did not finish put on STS dirt one place behind him

bj we have raced many a year probably before you even heard of the thunders and we have passed gb on the track at race speed and beat him ..done it before and will again ..looking forward to it ..as for half the class taken out ..what do you mean ..did we ever take the field out ..now back to the post gb started . what does this class need to do to bring in more cars ..

Archived