Allison Suspends Lone Star Legacy's Bob Riley

Tom,

What is your point? I don’t recall Texoma-Texas Legacy Motorsports having a dog in this fight. I would like to thank you for highlighting our success in our second year of existence.

If your post was an attempt to discredit our legitimate touring series that has seen large growth year over year, please leave us out of your fight. Everyone knows that LSL was allowed to come in to TWS as a visiting series. We had a great time racing with you guys. Let’s leave it at that.

Thank you

Jay Carley

Tom,

I know earlier you said you miss some things. After reading your last post apparently 5th grade reading comprehension was one of them. Your questions were clearly answered in the first paragraph that you copied from my previous post.

"I only hope to inform anyone that may be considering a move to Bob's series what they are getting themselves into before investing in equipment, etc. “

J.P. Karpowicz

Tom,

I know earlier you said you miss some things. After reading your last post apparently 5th grade reading comprehension was one of them. Your questions were clearly answered in the first paragraph that you copied from my previous post.

"I only hope to inform anyone that may be considering a move to Bob's series what they are getting themselves into before investing in equipment, etc. “

J.P. Karpowicz

You know what i find funny.. when you make a post and try to "Discredit" someone it gets over 1000 hits in just a few short days. When you make a post that hints about the future of the sport it gets 400 hits...

They always said Drug, Sex, & Drama sell... My only problem is what i see here are abunch of adults teaching kids the wrong stuff...

I have been considering one of these cars for my nephew. What does this mean to us? I thought the cars were sold as spec cars in a spec class. Was I wrong about that? I am not replying because I care about the past. I am not interested in running an outlaw class either. Will these cars have a "sanctioned" series around Kyle next year?

In one form or another, the Legacys will undoubtedly be running in Texas for years to come. Those little cars provide a lot of fun per dollar spent and offer serious teams a chance to learn something (but not everything since the Allison rules do not allow sway bars) about suspension engineering as they progress up through the ranks.

I know that the Lone Star Legacy group had a meeting yesterday and have plans to run in 2008.

Someone who attended that meeting might want to fill the rest of us in on what transpired.

Nick

I have removed my previous posts under this thread for the preservation of our sport. I solely believe that what Bob Riley has been doing is the correct thing for our series, and this sport in Texas. I love racing and plan to support it as I have been doing for a long time to come. Please accept my apology to anyone that has taken offence to any of my previous posts.

Tom Harwell

Lonestar Legacy Series

The Allisons had a great idea with that car,but they have not run as tight of ship as 600 racing.(eventhough the allison car is better)the class has not taken off like the legends and I believe it is a direct result of the upper Allison management.Bob did a great job of promoting the Allisons in central Texas and increasing the car count.I don't know the ins and outs of whos right and wrong but think all the Allison cars should stick together.(strength in numbers)

Being that we are in the market for a Legacy or a Legend, could someone track the serial numbers of those cars sold, worked on, or modified by Bob Riley so that those in the market do not buy something that might get them disqualified for illegal parts. I don't know Bob or the Lone Star series, but I do know that if you can't follow your own rulebook, than you have a problem. Good luck to all.

As I said in an earlier post, I am not going to allow this thread to become a bash session.

And if anyone has a financial claim against someone else, please see that person or present your case to a lawyer. These sort of accusations do not belong on Texas Speed Zone.

If anyone has a problem with my removing this post, please take it up with me via email or PM.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

Being that we are in the market for a Legacy or a Legend, could someone track the serial numbers of those cars sold, worked on, or modified by Bob Riley so that those in the market do not buy something that might get them disqualified for illegal parts. I don't know Bob or the Lone Star series, but I do know that if you can't follow your own rulebook, than you have a problem. Good luck to all.

Our of respect for you and all you do for racing in Texas, I am leaving your post up even though it certainly could be construed as a bash against Mr. Riley.

Savvy racer that you are, I'm sure you would inspect any car you were considering purchasing to be certain it met the rules of the organization where you intended to run -- no matter who you bought it from.

Having been around Texas racing as long as I have, I know that there is always two sides to every issue. So far one side has made it a point to discredit the other. I usually put up the radar when this happens.

Nick

Guys,

Understand that I race a class that we build our own parts and we are not regulated to buy form the series. I do not know the ins and outs of replacing clips and such. I look at these cars and think, "I could fabricate that myself" and don't know how legal that is. I don't mean to bash anyone, I am just trying to understand this whole deal. In the release, it said that all cars that were under Mr. Riley were being brought back up to par by Texoma and Texas Legacy series. Sorry if I offended, anyone, just making sure that when we do buy something, it is legal.

Arthur Hermiz

"In one form or another, the Legacys will undoubtedly be running in Texas for years to come. Those little cars provide a lot of fun per dollar spent and offer serious teams a chance to learn something (but not everything since the Allison rules do not allow sway bars) about suspension engineering as they progress up through the ranks. "

Nick,

Thanks for helping folks to understand some of this. One thing that most would not know is that we have been approved to use a spec designed sway bar set on the cars, but only for the road course races in Texas. The bars were designed and tested right here in Texas. They were designed to be a bolt on / off application in order to protect the integrity of the circle track venue. Very easy to install and remove between venues. To date we have the only Allison Legacy road course series in the country and thus we have been the testing ground for this venue. The cars perform well with the sway bar and do provide the driver with a greater margin for error to work with. Additionally we have seen cars without the bars run up front as well. The spec sway bar sets are available from the Allison Legacy Dealers in Texas.

This allowance of the rules was not published in the 2007 rule book because it did not encompass the entire country. This change is being review for inclusion in the 2008 rule book that will be published in the next 60 days but may still be a Texas specific addendum to the rules.

Jay Carley

Good for you Bob! I know some will want the national recognition of the CompCar organization, but their requirements for car, engine and parts purchases only caused extra cost for series participants. Hopely your ideas will not only keep costs down but will actually lower the current costs.

Archived