Rumor Control

why would it not be good for the track?.insurance can be bought cheaper when a member..points are posted by imca,and big show car counts are usually out of site...car rules are universal from one imca track to another..and you have imca promotion help as a member..yes a claim can take place on the first night/day if sts had a winter series..but unless one wants to run a hog motor compaired to every one else,it just does not happen..point fund money comes from imca which should also be a relief for the promoter... i am not saying its all good in imca,but i believe very strongly it a plus..and if the track is not making it due to the purse,.drivers /owners need to except changing the purse to one where the track makes money...better to race at home for less money then travel...thats expensive....there are plenty of cars in the c.c. area that want to stay home.better to speak up on cutting the purse then passing a closed track like before..if the promotor was doing a bad job,it would be different,but Owen has given it 100% to make it work,.so thats not the problem....frank t

Im not against imca, but the points money that comes from imca is the money the track has to send weekly.So it deffinantly does not save the track money.If Owen can afford it i think it might help out a lil on expenses for the racer.

you are correct on the money that Owen sends in.but its like someone holdimg it for you then.and as for can Owen afford it ?thats why i said purse cuts are needed.IMCA will not mend all problems.drivers /owners dont want to hear that part.but its expensive to own/run a track.if not more would be built.some would not close....i own three cars..there expensive too.but without a track, where do i take them?i am for servival at this track.and all tracks...i even said IMCA is not perfect,but how many outlaw tracks stay open,opposed to imca tracks?..add them up... then look at the big show numbers ...those numbers will floor you compared to most outlaw big races....frank t

It will only help out if the racers adjust their spending habits and be prepared to loose what they have. But I can sure see the big mods continueing to come out and dominate until they are claimed. Then all hell breaks loose and the track is normally who the driver blames, unfairly. Most tracks will benefit over a long period espicially if you can work in some big imca shows. Those are cash cows that every track needs. Too bad we cant go imca across the board in all classes and add a street stock, bomber and mini class to the imca show. Maybe Owen will build up to it in time. Hope to be back soon, we are about to head to Houston for the Texas Grand this weekend, cya!

The big engines lose their advantage with IMCA. First thing is they can not run roller cams. Then you put on the harder IMCA tire and they can not get the bite for the engine to use its horsepower. We build our own engines and we are not getting beat by horsepower. If you build a good combination IMCA engine, it will have enough horsepower and it will live along time.

on the IMCA winter series at STS,would it bring many cars...kind of dought it.STS is known as a heavy track for big motors.the point system changed...there are so many big shows to the north at the end of year ,i dont know where you would squeeze one in..but the fear of one loosing a BIG motor compared to an every saturday night type motor may open up the playing field and bring more out.most racers can do the regular motor deal,not many have a megga bucks big motor.big motor,heavy track = FAST......on the claim deal,how many were lost at WACO,KILLEEN, (0)..in the big mods..so its not like you will get claimed if you win...and how many different winners at these tracks? MANY....frank t

SIDE NOTE,tracks use CLASS SPONSERS...a company pays for the santion of the class..OWEN is now out NOTHING..it works!.my company is not in C.C.,.but if that would help...we will pay start up santion fee for sport mods...it really is good for a local company to get advertisising,but if no one locally will do it...look at the killen (TEXAS THUNDER) track website for an example...frank t

Frank,

You should have been here the last 3 nights of racing. You could not consider it a heavy track after those nights. I think the drivers like the way that it has been and we will continue to make it the same (dry not dusty and not burning up right rear tires). Just the way Johnny likes it.

I'm for IMCA Owen.

Positives outweigh negatives... JMO. And you can't score the winning touchdown sitting on the bench, meaning, how are you going to know if you don't try? Your going to piss people off no matter what you do...

If you don't want conflict, go live in a cemetary... cause that's the only place on this earth your going to find peace.

Git er' dun.

Racer 26, Mid season big shows will not work if yall go IMCA. Most everyone will be running for track points. Also pre season and post season shows, it would be an advantage to check with other tracks to see when they are planning on having theirs. The BIGGEST thing with big shows for next year is what the fuel prices be. Would like to come down there and run a show sometiime.

Archived