Meeting

MatKam10

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke with Michael Rhoads (sp) last night, and while I am not in a position to say anything official about the management of the facilities. Michael is holding an open meeting November 11, 2007 (Sunday) at 3 PM, at B&Js Pizza on SPID (Between Airline & Nile) to discuss everything related to CCSpeedway.

Tom

Yes, You could say this is very promising. If nothing was going to happen there wouldn't be a planned meeting. There really not that much to say at this stage of the game. After the meeting there should be plently to say. All positive.

Carol Yocum

I am not from this track but I am glad to see that there is a possiblity that the track will open next year. I hope every thing works out and you guys will have a season next year. If you do we have a mustang that I am finishing over the winter that will be there next season. Good luck.

Is this meeting for the regular drivers or can someone thinking about racing at CC attend the meeting also? I only raced there once this season and was looking forward to returning until some unforseen stuff came up.

This meeting on Nov.11 2007 is for those who are also intrested in racing at the track .

Lets all please keep an open mind & give this meeting a chance..

This sounds promising.

Or not....

If things work out in the negotioations between the Yocums and the Rhoads, this can be very promising. Michael is not some guy coming out of the wood works. He has race the Allison Legacys for many years, runs the Motorheads show on 1440 Keys, and some other on air stuff with KBAY and their sister stations. He owns his own landscaping business. Works with the Corpus Porsche Club (if thats the right name, the guys that run the airstrip at cabanis park on the weekends). He is a very open minded guy and if everything plays out it can be very good parternship between who ever is involved. He is very aware that if this is going to work it is going to take the cooperation of drivers and fans and that is why we meet to discuss it.

Come on out, New Drivers, Old Drivers, OldTimers, and all.

Tom

We have had the pleasure to race with Michael and Mitzi. They are GREAT people. Anyone who raced at CCS or is wanting to race there, should give Michael a chance. He has a good perspective on what it takes to keep a steady flow. And has also seen what not to do. We are very happy he in the mix to keep the track going.

Good luck Rhodes' and to all who race at CCS.

Jeff and Kathie Weir

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget about the meeting this coming Sunday....OT I sold my 95 bug today, I did pretty good on the deal so no more bugin for me time to move on,,,,,my brother has a super steet that hes not racing the old 31

theres is big plans for 2008

i was going to ;let those drivers say something ..but i think they are still in shock ..speechless .. mad . discusted .... working on adding some more safety bars to thier cars .... OR THEY WERE HOPEING IT WAS JUST A DREAM ... holloween is over ..and its not time for april fools ///so .bugin must be telling the truth .... hey better your class that ours ..lol ......... buggin does this mean you have to come up with another name ....wont be bugs anymore ...

:D I think we all could use some help. I had a blast driving Greg Sr's car in the mechanics races, but I know I'm going to need some help to compete.

It will be a short season for me though, because "YES", you guessed it, I go back to the desert around the first week of May. I hope to get to put a few laps down in the "SUPER STREET CLASS" myself. All you SS guys have to promise to go easy on me because I'm old like Oldtimer. :lol:

Cheers on the meeting.

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (home in CC) :ph34r:

:D I think we all could use some help. I had a blast driving Greg Sr's car in the mechanics races, but I know I'm going to need some help to compete.

It will be a short season for me though, because "YES", you guessed it, I go back to the desert around the first week of May. I hope to get to put a few laps down in the "SUPER STREET CLASS" myself. All you SS guys have to promise to go easy on me because I'm old like Oldtimer. :lol:

Cheers on the meeting.

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (home in CC) :ph34r:

going back huh ...we have river rat ..and now desert rat .....you just cant stay home ...we have deserts in the usa ..whats the problem arent hot enough for you ...... after you come back this next time ..maybe we can have a race .... they can call it WRINKLE RACE ... WE MAYBE ABLE TO TALK ...TEX TOM ..BUDMAN ...AND SOME OTHERS IN JOINING ..

Archived