It takes a village.

47limited

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I HAVE THREE KIDS THAT COME TO SEE ME AND MY FRIENDS RACE EVERY TIME THE THUNDER CLASS RACE THEY SPIND ABOUT 50 TO 75 DOLLERS ONFOOD AND DRINKS IF THEY HAD TO PAY $2.00 TO GET IN IT WOULD BE FINE WITH ME IF IT WOULD HELP THE TRACK WITH THEBILLS OR PAY OUT #33 TEXAS THUNDER :)

Come up with the specifics on the event and maybe I can get all you guys/gals some front page stuff in the Navy Newspapers here in Ingleside. No guarantees, but I knows the editor so that might help get some military folks out there.

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (home in CC) :ph34r:

I would do a "Night for Owen" race. Heck Iv told Owen that I would still show up and race even I wasnt getting paid. I race cause its a a hobby not a career.Yeah money is tight when you dont have it but if you dont have money to even show up to the track and race then what heck are you doing in racing anyways. How about our last night of points we hold this race. I would be willing to let Owen keep my winnings even though I use my winnings to pay my brother for parts I am buying from him but hey he can wait,having a track to keep racing is more important then him waiting a few more weeks to get his money. ;)

How about partnering up with the American Cancer Society and do a "Pink Ribbon Night" . Charge a little extra with a portion going to the American Caner Society. Think you could get some much need media attention and may even the Caller Times......just a thought

Charge drivers more and pay less after the race and increase payout when and if you can. It didn't kill the drivers or hurt the car count down here at RGS and it wont kill the drivers or hurt the car count at STS. we all want a place to race right?

my 2 cents

Netz

You don't know who I am but I did race down at RGS the first race of the season It cost to much to race and I did not get crap back, luckly I have a sponser that paid for my fuel to go down and back. There were atleast 3 cars that were planning on going down there when STS was not racing but after we went there that first time we made it our last time.

If Owen would increase the cost by $10-$20 for the driver I will be there every weekend I can when work allows me to.

Corey #93

bomber

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you down here. Wish there was something I could say other than I can understand how you feel. Let me ask you a question... Where would you go if STS shut down?

My two cents ain't worth much but I'm in the same boat as you C#93. I will still drive to STS if the entry increases $10-$20 more. I would even leave my envelope at the gate if I thought it would help.

I've made it out a few times to STS and never made a cent but I had a lot of fun and want to see the track survive the bad weather. I didn't mind much paying 25 bucks more to race at RGS. I'm happy to have a place to run.

Archived