LOVE ME OR HATE ME I DONT CARE

bomber11

IM NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING I JUST GOT TO GET THIS OFF MY CHEST THE RACE TONIGHT WAS BULL START 4 WIDE [edited out by Nick Holt, 10/14/07] I SPEND MONEY ON THIS POS JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER DRIVER, GIVE US A BREAK IF UR GOING TO DO THAT AT LEAST PAY OUT GOOD DAMN, WHAT IS THE POINT WATCH US WRECK YEAH FUNNY REAL FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is about putting on a show, no one said it is funny, the crowd enjoys it and that is why we are here is to put on a show for the crowd.

Bomber 11 if you do not like the starts move to Pure stocks. That might not be good I might start them 3 wide next week. Who knows. Also if you are putting that much money into your car then you need to move up, this class is about 4 wide starts, hot dog races, reverse races, or whatever else I can come up with, it is supposed to be fun and exciting for the crowd.

I tell you what bomber 11 how about we just draw numbers out of a hat each week and that will be were you are required to start and finish, the whole class will go out follow each other around, no passing or touching allowed, sounds like what you are interested in.

Well if we are going to do this I guess I will change the lock on the gate and throw the combination away because we will never make it like that.

By the way you bring your reciepts for the year and I will bring mine and lets see who has spent more, then tell me why I need to pay you more.

Owen

Call me if you want to argue I am in bad mood and would be happy to have words! 361-548-0669!

Rosie - Promoters are people too. These guys and gals are fighting a loosing battle trying to give us a place to play. I'm sure that some days it just doesn't seem worth the cost, especially when people attack whatever you try to do as if you're trying to cause them personal harm..

I know all promoters try to take all the emotion-filled critisism in stride, but sometimes it just piles up and "kaboom" out comes some frustration - for which they will be crucified all over again...

You couldn't pay me enough money to be a race track owner/promoter...

Nick

i know i should keep my mouth shut ..i have my share of bitches ... my thought is owen s is trying to put on a show ..and maybe the class or classes arent puting a good enough show .on .atlieast for the starts ..and im not pointing any fingers so if you attack me .then you must think im talking aboult you ..this is general ..if i started 4 wide .it is up to me if i want to bombs eye into a turn with three others ..what is the differents if you drive into 4 wide while racen ..would that be owens fault ..nope ..the drivers have to have the respect enough with each other to be carefull ...hell that would be a chalenge to me tobe carefull and make the right decision...... and hope ..but dont hate me .jmo....

all i can say is wouldnt have that many wrecks on four wide starts if one peolple use their heads instead of there cars to think with, you cant win the race on first lap but some think lets knock people out so then there no competition what fun is that i like more cars on the track then the infield jmo do what you have to owen so i can have a place to race thank you

i've always had respect for owen, because he respects the people around him. i agree with the statement that said if you were not comfortable in the situation then you should have elected to go to scratch.

i understand that for alot of guys bombers or grand stocks is all you can afford or want to do at this point in time,,,and like the rest of us you don't want you shhituff tore up. but it happens at every level , and like owen stated - sad but true most of the crowd expects that from those classes and that's what makes them entertaining to them. And if you start spending too much money or you start taking it too serious , it's time to step up. JMO

Now that is a respectful reply from a promoter.

Rosie why dont you just stay out of this. Have you even been to STS if not then you dont know Owen. If I was Owen I would have gave up along time ago. This guy is busting his ass week in and week out to give us a place to race and it seems theres always someone crying about somethin. Cant please everyone. [edited out by Nick Holt, 10/14/07]

Now that is a respectful reply from a promoter.

Rosie why dont you just stay out of this. Have you even been to STS if not then you dont know Owen. If I was Owen I would have gave up along time ago. This guy is busting his ass week in and week out to give us a place to race and it seems theres always someone crying about somethin. Cant please everyone. [edited out by Nick Holt, 10/14/07]

Yes, I have been to STS.

And, up until today, I thought Owen was one of the better promoters out there.

He may still be probably still is.

However, I thought that his reply was disrespectful.

Well, Nick is stepping in... Take the personal macho crap someplace else. There are several other boards where you are allowed to pick fights, call each other names, etc., but TXSZ is not one of them. And this goes for everyone, not just the few that happen to be involved in this particular skirmish!

Thanks.

Nick

i think rosie is intitled to his opinion......this is an open forum.

like i said before,,,i have tons of respect for owen but rosies opinion is just as valuable as the next guys around here.

i have no dog in the fight,,,,,i was not there to witness anything,,,,,,it's just my opinion.

i think rosie is intitled to his opinion......this is an open forum.

like i said before,,,i have tons of respect for owen but rosies opinion is just as valuable as the next guys around here.

i have no dog in the fight,,,,,i was not there to witness anything,,,,,,it's just my opinion.

Rosie's opinion is still up, is it not?

If anyone has a problem with the way the forum is moderated, please feel free to take it up with me in private. My email address is cnholt@sbcglobal.net or you can PM me any time.

Nick

You're right, Nick. Sorry. I have removed my stupid remarks and apologize to anyone i may have offended.

Actually, i think Owen's response was uncharacteristic of what I've seen him post on here before. I was just a little surprised by it.

Oh, and Crazyhorse, I came over into the pits to meet you last night, but didn't see your car anywhere. Well, maybe in a couple of weeks...

Rosie

Edit cause I cain't speel...

from what i have seen owen works hard to make it happen. and doing this also means filling the stands. and this is one job i would never take on. sure glad he has thow . im sure he trys hard to keep it competive and fair. but its hard when you got to watch every one .and watch it soo no one is sand baging. to keep and edge in there cornor. from what i have seen he dose watch for this. come on track tech and inspectors have to watch for things to be built up to par and inside the rules. im sure not any of us could make as many people happy as much as he dose. im looking forward to next yr and by then i should have one put together so i can play too. and if we do our share we can all have a good time and maybe owen will have a littel more time to play too.

Hey guys im real sorry for all this i was really drunk when i typed that bull crap, i know the bombers are a cheeper form of racing therfore they are slower and stock parts dont handle well and the crowed likes to see wrecks i know i do, i was just mad that i messed up two cheep tires(i dont know why) Owen is doing a great job and i love the dirt track, I would never go back too asphalt. I really hope u guys and Owen especially accepts my BIG SORRY Keep up the good work Owen, JD :)

First of all I think Owen is doing a great job running the track. As far as the 4 or 5 wide start I didnt see it and I doubt Owen's intentions were to beat up your car, but rather to add some spice to the bomber class. If you have ever seen in the stands a lot of fans dont stay to watch the bombers, i personally do but Owen put you in the spot light and some dont like it. You will never please everyone, but I think it is the change that has them wound up. Humans are creatures of habit and usually reject change. Keep up the good work Owen and crew.P.S. bomber 11 the brake is on the left, gas is on the right you chose your pedal of choice.Adam

Rosie's view on racing and the way things should be is a little skewed already so I wouldn't think much of what he puts on here. Afterall he was a firm and loyal Shelmaite and crucified me when I dared to ask important questions that no one else would. You have to add a little twist to the bombers or else everyone will just go home after the mods. Hey its the truth.

Archived