Packing the track

Pure92

First of all, Owen you are doing a hell of a job running STS. But I have been thinking if it would be better to water the track at about 2or3PM to give the water time to soak deeper into the track. We are pulling up mud while packing the track where we can see a dry spot. This is just my opinion, I am not a track expert. The only other track I have raced at was CCS on Aug. 4th :angry:

Any opinions?????????

Bill

The track is being watered at 2pm and even earlier most of the time. It takes a lot of water and time for the track to soak up the water. It takes very little time for the cars to dry it out. Owen and Steve are working hard to make the track as good as possible but everyone likes it differently. I'm sure if you would like to help make it better they could use your help.

I can tell you this, the track will not ever be the way everyone wants it. One wants it dry and one wants it heavy. I know this that there is a lot of time and effort that goes into the track every week, and you can never make it the same 2 weeks in a row. So, sorry if you didn't like it this week, maybe next week it will be to your liking.

Waterboy

FRIDAY,

you got start Wednesday to get the moister in the track. Then you don't have to put so much Sat. and it's getting to the time of the year where you don't need as much water either.

Brother if I didn't live 2 1/2 hrs away I'd be all over it..

We have motels here. JK.

Track prep is a hard art to master and with alot wanting dry slick and me and other like it heavy it is very hard to please but keep up the good work. Robert you can drive on any kind of track and have over the time i have known you see ya the 26th aty Randy's or maybe in Boerne for the car show on 13th we are trying to get new rear and gear inthe Pro Mod to race on 13th if we don't then maybe just car show See Ya Rainbow Man

Anyone ever seen Bobby drive the water truck @ RGS............now that's scary $#!T. :lol::P;) I don't recall anyone else ever powersliding a tractor/trailer around a 1/4 mile track.......intentionally anyway. :o

The original (now deceased) prep guy at Houston Raceway Park could hang out the tail of the ten wheel water truck with style (and one arm out the window) but I have to admit your guy might have him beat!

I do believe that STS has at least had more than one groove. Thats better than a lot of other tracks around these parts. The dirt is different at every track and all yall watertruck driving, dirt track prepping experts should write a book. I'll just keep doing what I do and yall just keep coming to race and complain about it. It's all good. See ya Saturday (it may be up to mother nature this week).

The only other track prep guru I know is Richard Snider from Kennedale Spwy. Park. He's been called in by many tracks for their big shows. Heck he's even gotten Abilene to be two grooves on several occasions. The guy who does the track for Lanny at Devils Bowl is pretty good, too, but I don't know who he is.

It surprised me to see them doing quite a bit of farming during the Lone Star Nationals, the only other place I've seen that is Boone, Iowa for the Super Nationals.

and you can never make it the same 2 weeks in a row.

betcha I can

:D Steve, you know this better than anyone, a bitch'n sailor is a happy sailor, so they must be happy with the job were doing if you get this much air time on the subject of watering . My son had a blast on the sidelines dodging the mud chunks during the night. I think he liked that better than the racin'. I'll have to counsel that boy on his priorities at the track, and that's "RACING" in my book.

I think all will agree there its better than it's ever been. Keep up the good work and we really do enjoy the show out there. :D

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (home in CC) :ph34r:

Archived