The Funny Car

Dean

post-6536-1191758189_thumb.jpg

Hello all,I just signed up in hopes of finding more info on a car I just bought. Or should I say what's left of it. I've recently bought all of the fiberglass parts from Tom McCroans The Funny Car. I was hoping someone out there has more info and or maybe photos of the car?

Here's how it looks today

post-6536-1191758587_thumb.jpg

you have some history buff's. here speedzone ..im sure you will find out a bunch ....you have TEX TOM ... TOMMY 33 HE HAS BEEN WITH DRAG RACEN FOR EVER ... ALSO THERE IS BUDMAN ...AND EVEN OUR VERY OWN MODERATOR NICK HOLT ...THEASE GUYS KNOW IT ALL ...SO WELCOME TO YOUR HISTORY CLASS .. .. NOW DONT ASK ME ANY DRAG RACEN QUESTION .I DONT KNOW MUCH ..YEP IM LETTING EVERYONE OUT THERE KNOW I DONT KNOW EVERYTHING ...ANYWAY WELCOME ABOARD ...

Dean,go to www.deepstage.net you'll see several places to find somebody,alot of links to the ol' funny car crowd.Alot of people are finding ol' funny's and restoring em.The nostalgia circuit is starting to grow.Some areas of the country,people are forming their own serie's and starting to have alot of races.I've started looking around at a few oldies myself from the 70's,like Vega's, Monza's, to redo and hit a few of the races.

• 2 months later...

I figured I'd bump this back up and add a couple of photos

Dean,go to www.deepstage.net you'll see several places to find somebody,alot of links to the ol' funny car crowd.Alot of people are finding ol' funny's and restoring em.The nostalgia circuit is starting to grow.Some areas of the country,people are forming their own serie's and starting to have alot of races.I've started looking around at a few oldies myself from the 70's,like Vega's, Monza's, to redo and hit a few of the races.

post-6536-1198071559_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
Looks like an awesome project. Can you lay hands on enough parts to bring it back?

I have most of what I need for it now,I found the correct wheels and have 95% of the engine stuff for it,even the correct early Hilborn and pump brackets.i've been working on getting the body back in shape.

post-6536-1222024488_thumb.jpg

post-6536-1222024523_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived