bomber class

hawk5

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow when do y'all work on the race cars? :lol:

I could care less about experience, big money races tend to bring out the best drivers. All we wanted it what we were told in the Drivers meeting, top 10 to tech. Scales only aint sh!t. The 12 car did win. All we wanted was to know he was legal, hell like Wolf said it only takes a couple of hours to change a motor. I've seen cars pass tech in the regular season and get DQ'd at the big shows at the end of the year and vice versa for that matter. The bottom line is tech can make you or break you.

i was reading all this and i have to say big money races need to tech every class no matter what.....at least top 3. this is the only way that all racers know that there time and money were not wasted.... some people have more money for better cars and parts and some work as hard as they can digging in junk yards to put something togeater to race..... with out a tech at the end of the night no matter what class u run and what the rules are its just a big waste of time and money....the only thing that keep competition legal and fair is the rules and the tech to make sure the rules are followed..... the opionions are strickly mine and no way share the views of other fellow racers with out there written consent or share the views of texasspeedzone :D

Guest Top Dog Graphix

Johnny... he is an Edna racer...... that's where real racers are from.... funny up until 3-4 years ago, no one even knew that place existed.... I think they should focus on safety tech more then anything... those cars are death traps over there.

done

Go take a look at the cages of the bombers over there, thick pipe cages, shoddy welds, it looks like a 3 year old welded them, so I have merit in what i said there. I don't edit things i say either, and as far as dignity goes, you are one to talk. You tried to fight a 16 year old at i-37 for out driving you.... If limited mods had training wheels, I advise you to talk to Smiley's about marketing them and ordering some, it might help you out. and Johnny was correct, Perks did run that car before the current # 7 car in the super stock/street stock class. Don't edit your post to say mute point, It's quoted in this reply.

What started out as a legitimate discussion about a racing-related issue (tech vrs non-tech) has degenerated into a personal fight.

If anyone wants to continue the legitmate discussion, fine, but I will be deleting any further hostilities between/among members.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

Go take a look at the cages of the bombers over there, thick pipe cages, shoddy welds, it looks like a 3 year old welded them, so I have merit in what i said there. I don't edit things i say either, and as far as dignity goes, you are one to talk. You tried to fight a 16 year old at i-37 for out driving you.... If limited mods had training wheels, I advise you to talk to Smiley's about marketing them and ordering some, it might help you out. and Johnny was correct, Perks did run that car before the current # 7 car in the super stock/street stock class.

Randy, I know you are talking about my cage and I don't argue that it is very ugly and probally unsafe. Just to let you know that car is being cut up as we speak, it will never see a racetrack again. As for Perks, if I remember correctly, he built this car for his wife to drive in the street stock class, same as the pures at the time, and in the same season he did run some nights in the super stock class, and would place the same if not better than she did. Not saying she can't drive, cause she can very well, I know from racing with her, just shows you how much experience makes a difference. Over 15 years of racing at Texana and Perks has NEVER been proven a cheater. FYI. :D

Archived