bomber class

hawk5

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The gentleman driving the 12 car has more experience at that track than every other bomber driver out there put together. He could have out driven us with a slow car. Just take a loss like a man, I did! :D

We did, loaded up and left. I just wish they would have done some teching other than the scales. I've never had a problem with getting out run legally, I just don't think that was the case this week. JMO

From what I hear all it took was just alittle simple teching, i.e. open a hood to make alot of people happy, it wasnt done. Makes you wonder if an out of town car would have won if they would have rolled through tech as well. Not wanting this to be negative but this is what makes tracks stand out or be just another track.

This car has had more people complain about it than you will ever imagine. The motor was torn down in April along with mine and five others, it is 100% legal for Texana rules. Can anyone just give the man the credit he deserves, he out drove 26 drivers, he won, we lost. I have a question for you Pit Boss, why would anyone show up with mufflers on bombers, I haven't seen any rules from the tracks that were invited saying anything about full exhaust on bombers. Were ya'll trying to hide something? <_< JMO!

Everyone that was complaining had the chance to see the tags on the motor, he offered to pull the hood so they could see. Don't know how ya'll tech other places, but our tags have serial #'s that put that tag with that car number, no way to copy cat that!

This car has had more people complain about it than you will ever imagine. The motor was torn down in April along with mine and five others, it is 100% legal for Texana rules. Can anyone just give the man the credit he deserves, he out drove 26 drivers, he won, we lost. I have a question for you Pit Boss, why would anyone show up with mufflers on bombers, I haven't seen any rules from the tracks that were invited saying anything about full exhaust on bombers. Were ya'll trying to hide something? <_< JMO!

I can't answer that, none of our cars had them. Our rules just say the pipes have to exit past the drivers compartment. If there was teching and the car was legal I would have been satisfied. The real issue I had was no teching. But lapping up to 6th or so to me was not hard earned.

Sounds to me that the motor that was tore down in April was on an engine stand in someone's shop......I know of 3 cars that went to race and fit all of Texana's rules......with experienced drivers and couldn't keep up.......and they got lapped by a "legal" car??????....Pfffft Yeah, ok

The car was torn down at the tech area at the track, I was there and watched it done. He had to pay the tech man to come to his house, like everyone else, and watch him put the LEGAL motor back together. There were some home track cars contending, 38 and the R4J I know was in the top 5 at least.

The car was torn down at the tech area at the track, I was there and watched it done. He had to pay the tech man to come to his house, like everyone else, and watch him put the LEGAL motor back together. There were some home track cars contending, 38 and the R4J I know was in the top 5 at least.

I never argued about that, I was talking about last Saturday night. I could care less when he was torn down last, I just wanted to see even a hint of teching for a grand to win purse.

How would you know if a motor was tagged if you don't pull the hood? And if it was tagged, would that mean that another car would have to go through tech and he wouldn't.

Hard earned win, not hardly. Beat a bunch of beginners with an illegal car, yah he's real good driver. The fastest superstock a couple years ago now lappin real bombers and pure stocks. I can't believe the regular guys that run at edna have let it go this long.

it's really not his fault for the track not teching. but, don't go trying to call him the best driver either.

Someone told me he already refused tech this season anyway, is this true?

can bombers really run all this stuff at edna, because it's not what the rules say.

This is straight off Texana Website for Bombers.

Bomber Class

This class has been created as a fun, economical, entry-level racing class. It is not a class to develop expensive race vehicles. Its purpose and intent is to keep the vehicles original, stock inexpensive and easy for anyone to build and maintain. This class is for beginners not for experienced drivers. Depending upon how many years you have competed in this class and how well you have placed (1st through 3rd regularly), you may be asked to move up to another class.

Sometimes I am just a trouble maker. Remember these are your rules not mine!

Funny thing is Super Stock is the next class up, whoops!

cwmills33 are you President of his fan club? Kinda sounds like it. Like I said the State Stockcar Championship at STS is the perfect place to showcase it.

Archived