THR Schedule for 11th Annual Texas Stock Car Spectacular

Here's a revised schedule for the 11th Annual "Texas Stock Car Spectacular" at Thunderhill Raceway next Friday and Saturday, September 28 & 29, at Thunderhill Raceway. Please download the PDF file below the displayed schedules to print the entire schedule all at one time.

We made some changes on the afternoon practice sessions due to some overalapping times among the classes. We also made a change to the pit pass charges due to a misunderstanding on my part.

I should know better than to work on this stuff after midnight! LOL And then I've had some big networking problems this morning. I apologize for taking so long to get the revisions posted.

post-29-1191012139_thumb.jpg

post-29-1190847390_thumb.jpg

post-29-1190478438_thumb.jpg

THRSpectacularScheduleRev2.pdf

The benefits of a two-day pass are:

• You don't have to stand in line twice

• You can park early and enter the pits anytime the entire weekend - don't have to wait until the pit gate opens

I hope this explains the purpose of a two-day pass a little better.

The Spectacular has been revised again to add a sponsor for the Pro Modified race - changed to Pro Modifieds "ExpressJet 50" . . . thanks yet again to ExpressJet for their contribution towards the purse for the Pro Modifieds.

And we'll be giving away two ExpressJet tickets again at the Spectacular!

Marc,

Here's the answer I got from Mary Ann regarding the purses:

"The Pro Modifieds, Texas Trucks & Pro Late Models all get paid 75% of backgate + 100% of the race entry of $50 per race vehicle. So, the more they bring in the backgate, the more they get paid."

That's the best guess I can give you. Will you be racing with us next weekend?

The way I am reading it is the fastest 8 run in the dash and are inverted in the dash.

We usually always invert something for the feature.

Not saying we are or that we are not.

Cause I don't know.

Kathy,

From what I remember from our meeting the other night, I think you're correct. The top eight qualifiers will be inverted in the Dash for Cash races. I am checking with Mary Ann, just to be sure.

We've made a few revisions to the Spectacular schedule, as follows:

• Added NASKARTS to Friday night (September 28) - 20 laps
  • Moved the Texas Pro Sedans race on Saturday (September 29) to right before intermission - crowning of the 2007 TPS champion will immediately follow the race
  • Changed the starting lineup for the A-Line Super Stocks on Saturday (September 29) - fastest qualifier will roll the dice on the front straightaway to determine the starting positions

We apologize for all of the changes, but we knew it was important to get the word out early on which classes were racing on each night . . . and the changes are inevitable.

The schedule that's posted at the top of this thread reflects all of these changes.

We've made a few revisions to the Spectacular schedule, as follows:
  • Added NASKARTS to Friday night (September 28) - 20 laps
  • Moved the Texas Pro Sedans race on Saturday (September 29) to right before intermission - crowning of the 2007 TPS champion will immediately follow the race
  • Changed the starting lineup for the A-Line Super Stocks on Saturday (September 29) - fastest qualifier will roll the dice on the front straightaway to determine the starting positions

We apologize for all of the changes, but we knew it was important to get the word out early on which classes were racing on each night . . . and the changes are inevitable.

The schedule that's posted at the top of this thread reflects all of these changes.

Deb, I know you're tired of all the questions, so I apologize in advance. The schedule says "top 6 draw dice" regarding the Super Stocks. Is that the case or does the fast qualifier roll a die to determine the invert? Just wondering if our class is doing it differently than the others.

Thanks

Deb, nevermind. I guess my computer didn't refresh the document the first time. Looks like the Super Stocks are doing it differently than everybody else.

ss99,

Actually, I fogot to delete the "top six dice throw" in the Qualifying section of Saturday's schedule. What's shown in the feature race section is correct. And, yes, it is different from the rest of the classes. The A-Line Super Stocks could possibly have a 12-car inversion.

Thanks for catching it. I'll revise it again and re-post.

Archived