...and then there were two

jracer98

I just hope for one thing.I hope that this dirt vs. asphalt things never dies.If it does,then that means the last asphalt track is gone.On the other hand,if I keep reading about this subject,it could only mean there is an asphalt track open somewhere with a couple of cars for me to go and watch.It only takes two to.......hey one of them has to cross the stripe first.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oldtimer and all the others that got upset with my "put dirt on THR" comment evidently don't know me. That was said very "tongue-in-cheek". We haven't raced dirt since a year before Goliad closed down. It upsets me very much to see asphalt racing doing so poorly and I applaud Jay and anyone else that tries to offer suggestions to improve it.

I agree the G60 tire is not the best asphalt tire, but it's $88 instead of $115 and if everyone is on the same tire, what's your gripe. When we first started running TAMS, Wayne invited the dirt mods to run the last 3 races of the season (that was either '01 or '02). We took our dirt mod totally unchanged except for 970's (we didn't even lower the ride height) and ran 12th in a field of 23 cars - yes, they used to draw over 20 cars per race. The next race we lowered the car to 4" ride height and finished 8th and the 3rd race we made some front end geometry changes and finished 4th.

I think what Jay is saying is there's not that much difference in performance (the fans won't know the difference) and there are a hell of a lot more IMCA mods out there than asphalt mods. The IMCA rules let you run lower ride heights, sway bars, and any engine as long as it's flat tappet, steel headed. The claim rule somewhat controls costs of engines and shocks.

The same type of changes need to be made in the limited lates. Combine the TSRS and Pro Late rules and run crates with built motors (they are very sucessful at it in the NE).

"But Jay, Why change a thing. Run the I. M. C. A. Modifieds. They have rules already in place, and there are a ton of them, already. Quit trying to reinvent the wheel. Go with what the majority already have. If it works, great, pavement racing is the better for it. If it doesn't, you don't have to spend a dime to go race dirt. "

---->We were only asked for a random opinion, one of many I'm sure. To directly answer your question of "Why change a thing", my thought was to try and avoid the purpose built or pavement biased car in an effort to better attract the LARGE pre existing customer base to a new racing experience. Even within the existing IMCA mod rules, one could still build a "pavement only" car that would have several potential performance advantages over a dirt track car.

Hray refers to a point in the past where they took a dirt car onto pavement. That type of car got modified little by little into the one-off pavement mod of today. I was just thinking that if you wrote some language that hampered those changes, the true IMCA dirt mod (the largest class of Saturday night race car in the world) could cross over once in a while with no real associated costs. Same car, same tires, different challenge.

What's in it for today's pavement guy? The reverse of the above. You go from 2 tracks to 22. You could run dirt occasionally. Your car would have broader resale value, etc. If you wad your chassis up in a crash, there are used cars behind every bush.

It's just my opinion. I am not in the race track business...it was just an answer to one of those, "If you were king of the world, what would you do?" kind of discussions.

Take it easy on me Sarge...you and Reb's 2 man army need all the supporters you can get! LOL

Jay

Racing on dirt is just flat out cheaper than asphalt. In my opinion you cannot compare the two. For whatever the main reasons may be, asphalt racing around here is struggling right now, we all have our own opinions why and I'll just leave it at that. But having the dirt guys get on here and say why their type of racing is so much better than the asphalt guys is pointless, its like comparing apples to oranges. Dirt is much more appealing to a lot of people because it is financially a lot easier to afford.

I get these every day.. called Daily motivators, This one is SOOO on the money...

Transformation

Light does not conquer darkness by pushing the darkness out of the way. Rather, the light comes into the darkness and transforms it with brilliant, positive energy.

In the same way, the obstacles in life are not conquered by fighting them on their own terms or attempting to push them out of the way. The best way to move past a difficult situation is to transform it with positive, productive energy.

No matter how much you push against the darkness it will not go anywhere. Yet the moment you shine your light, the darkness is no more.

When you fight against your problems, all it usually accomplishes is to make them stronger and give them more validity. That's certainly not what you would ever intend.

Instead, seek to transform those problems, those difficult situations, by virtue of your own positive values and efforts. Focusing on what you're working toward is far better than being obsessed with whatever you think you're against.

Rather than struggling against the situation, give the best you have to it. Rather than fighting darkness with more darkness, transform that darkness by letting your light shine.

-- Ralph Marston

Quote---->We were only asked for a random opinion, one of many I'm sure. To directly answer your question of "Why change a thing", my thought was to try and avoid the purpose built or pavement biased car in an effort to better attract the LARGE pre existing customer base to a new racing experience. Even within the existing IMCA mod rules, one could still build a "pavement only" car that would have several potential performance advantages over a dirt track car.

This is exactly what we did 2 years ago. We took our texas Outlaw Bombers/Hobby Stocks and adapted them to Asphalt with take off tires. There were hundreds of these cars around the Houston area that could come run with us, and several have or did. We were considered to be ruining racing because we didn't conform with the rules of Kyle or San Antonio, we fell in the middle of 2 different classes. That issue finally died. But we looked at what would attract more cars, bringing 10-20 cars from 200 miles away, or attracting the hundreds of cars within 50 miles of the track. I think we made the right decision.

Quote ---Racing on dirt is just flat out cheaper than asphalt. In my opinion you cannot compare the two. For whatever the main reasons may be, asphalt racing around here is struggling right now, we all have our own opinions why and I'll just leave it at that. But having the dirt guys get on here and say why their type of racing is so much better than the asphalt guys is pointless, its like comparing apples to oranges. Dirt is much more appealing to a lot of people because it is financially a lot easier to afford.

In 2005, James Huff ran 2 cars on dirt and won 2 championships, racing every weekend. In 2006, he ran 4 cars and won the championship at HMP. He spent less running the 4 cars than he did the 2. Yes, he ran half the races, with twice the cars, so that makes it even. The cost of tires and entry were much more on asphalt. BUT, the tires lasted longer, there was less suspension and body repairs done, and you had more time to work on it. I personally think that Asphalt is cheaper than dirt, if you look at the overall cost, not just the up front cost. I know I have thrown away dozens of brand new tires with the little titties still on them and a big gaping hole in the side wall from being cut by another car. On dirt, I have always had to replace body panels throughout the year, I an still running the same body on asphalt since I started. I replaced one peice of sheet metal that got tore up in an accident, but it was very small, just couldn't be straightened, had a hole in it. So, Dirt being cheaper is not always the case.

Now, saying all this, I do prefer asphalt over dirt, but the dirt track pays for my asphalt racing. I enjoy both equally and plan on building another dirt car. This is just my opinion on some of ya'lls statements.

From Jay,

my thought was to try and avoid the purpose built or pavement biased car in an effort to better attract the LARGE pre existing customer base to a new racing experience.

But if it were I. M. C. A. sanctioned, would that not stop that? If it ain't I. M. C. A. legal, you shouldn't be able to run it, on any surface.

Confused, I guess. Maybe I am missing one of the points.

To clarify my position. Get I. M. C. A. sactioned. Run I. M. C. A. Modifieds, Southern SportMods, I-Stocks, and Hobbies. If the track is sanctioned, it is locked down, as per I. M. C. A. The boys in Vinton won't let anyone deviate from their rules. And there is an I. M. C. A. technical representive assinged to the South Central Region, which is mostly Texas. He was on hand for the I. M. C. A. Southern SportMod Nationals at Waco, and I have seen him show up twice this year at Texas Thunder Speedway, doing spot checks and training the track tech in what to look for.

So, go I. M. C. A. and be done with it. Brett Root stands behind his product. There maybe things you don't like about I. M. C. A., but right now, it is the only way to go in this part of the country. Ok, I mispoke, you could keep doing what your doing. How is that working out for you? (Retorical question)

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Here's another thought, since the anacronym IMCA scares so many people........what about ASA modifieds? In looking at the site and watching them on TV, they appear to more a straight-up modified, than an off-set car. Maybe James Cole can help elaborate on the rules more. But since THR and HMP are both ASA member tracks..........something else to look at anyway.

From Jay,

my thought was to try and avoid the purpose built or pavement biased car in an effort to better attract the LARGE pre existing customer base to a new racing experience.

But if it were I. M. C. A. sanctioned, would that not stop that? If it ain't I. M. C. A. legal, you shouldn't be able to run it, on any surface.

Confused, I guess. Maybe I am missing one of the points.

To clarify my position. Get I. M. C. A. sactioned. Run I. M. C. A. Modifieds, Southern SportMods, I-Stocks, and Hobbies. If the track is sanctioned, it is locked down, as per I. M. C. A. The boys in Vinton won't let anyone deviate from their rules. And there is an I. M. C. A. technical representive assinged to the South Central Region, which is mostly Texas. He was on hand for the I. M. C. A. Southern SportMod Nationals at Waco, and I have seen him show up twice this year at Texas Thunder Speedway, doing spot checks and training the track tech in what to look for.

So, go I. M. C. A. and be done with it. Brett Root stands behind his product. There maybe things you don't like about I. M. C. A., but right now, it is the only way to go in this part of the country. Ok, I mispoke, you could keep doing what your doing. How is that working out for you? (Retorical question)

Bill "Sarge" Masom

As 97 reminds us that there used to be a section in the IMCA rulebook about pavement rules.

That hasn't existed for a few years (10...more?). They were MUCH more restrictive than today's TAMS type pavement only mod and would come closer to tempting a curious pure dirt car to try pavement. Keep the original question in mind...how could a "start from scratch", new track have a mod class on day one, that a dirt mod could be competitive in with minimal physical/financial changes from his dirt program?

My suggestion to the person who asked for our opinion was to take today's IMCA rulebook and ghostwrite in some additions similar to the old, say it with me, Sarge...IMCA... rules that actually addressed pavement cars :D

Jay

Racing on dirt is just flat out cheaper than asphalt. In my opinion you cannot compare the two. For whatever the main reasons may be, asphalt racing around here is struggling right now, we all have our own opinions why and I'll just leave it at that. But having the dirt guys get on here and say why their type of racing is so much better than the asphalt guys is pointless, its like comparing apples to oranges. Dirt is much more appealing to a lot of people because it is financially a lot easier to afford.

And, theres a heck of alot more competition. Also, there are a endless amount of parts laying around this country for a "modified". The whole Street Stock thing will eventually just go away cause you arent racing out of a junk yard anymore. You cant walk into a junk yard and see 70s model camaro in rows. So therefore the parts are more expensive and harder to come by. I agree with Chad though, opinions are like well you know what, everybodys got one. It also seems hard to get anybody to agree on any one thing which is just a fact of life I guess.

To clarify my position. Get I. M. C. A. sactioned. Run I. M. C. A. Modifieds, Southern SportMods, I-Stocks, and Hobbies. If the track is sanctioned, it is locked down, as per I. M. C. A.

What does it cost a host track to become IMCA sanctioned? Anyone know?

Mel,

That is a dang good question. I will try to get a reliable answer for you, later.

But here is what I think. It is a percentage of the purse. That is your sanctioning fee. Each driver also must have an I. M. C. A. license, but with that comes insurance, your claim card, and your points for the year.

Also with both the sanction, and the license comes resposibility. The track has to run the races by I. M. C. A. rules and proceedures. That way the racers know exactly how the race program is going to be run, and you can't shaft a guy, just because. If you try, he will be on the phone to Brett Root in a heart beat. Don't follow proceedures, you can have your I. M. C. A. sanction suspended, or pulled all together.

For the racer, he has a responsibility as well. Cause just as fast as he can get on the phone and call Brett Root, so can the promoter. How would you like to not be allowed to race in a sanctioned event for a while, have all your points for the season taken, along with any end of year money they might have brought. Your not barred from a track, your barred from ALL I. M. C. A. competition.

One thing I. M. C. A. does well, is they make sure both sides, the promoters, and the racers are acting like they are supposed to. Grass roots racing is their business. They don't do anything else. And as far as I can tell, they are the best at it, at the grass roots level.

Will get you an answer as soon as I am able to talk to someone who knows for sure.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Mel, I'll try to help out here;

The claim was put into place to keep the cost of racing down(as best it could). Call it self-policing if you will. Engines, shocks and carbs are all subject to claim. Engines used to be $350 for mods, they are now up to $525 with a new swap option added this past year.(which I don't like) This means if you finish in the top four, anyone from fifth on back, on the same lap as the fourth place car has an "option" to buy you stuff. (Now that everyone has picked themselves up off the floor....I'll continue) In reality, this doesn't happen very often.....especially with the swap rule now. But if you're a typical joe racer and getting beat by cubic horsedollars, week after week(like some have infered about the Super Lates) then you have the right to take that engine away from the guy.

Example, say all you can afford is a flat top 383 and some guy is killing everyone with a a Bankston 411 Sprint car motor(yes, this is happening as I type).......guess what he's very apt to lose all the dough he's sunk into that monster....for $525 or your flat top 383. Now, just as case in point, you can go to Blaines in the D/FW area and pick up a reliable "claimer" motor for about $3000. If everyone is running the same 3-5K stuff, you're not really apt to be claimed. True there are the "grudge" claims, but the swap option has done a good job stopping that.

This keeps people from whining that "He's got more money, so I can't beat him."

Shocks and carbs,......over the past 10 years I've maybe seen one shock claim($75-I think) and about 4 Carb claims($100)

*** The sanction fees that the track pays goes, in part, back to the drivers at the end of the year in points fund pay-out. That's on top of any track points pay-out. I think I read the total payout for the Super Nationals was around $250,000, plus $60,000 in contingency money. Keep in mind the Modified winner only gets $2000 of that.

Mel this may help.

At the beginning of the season I looked at IMCA and if I remember right it was $75 per week plus 5% of the purse for a modified division and $65 per week for Sports Mods with no purse percentage taken.

Here is the basic claim rule Mel from the Modified rule book. The claim eligibility is refering to where cars have to finish in order to be allowed to claim another and the exact order of events like it has to take place within so much time after the race, on the front stretch with certain claim cards, I am not sure but there is some quality written rules around all that as well.

25. ENGINE CLAIMING RULES: Refer to 2007 Official Rule Book for claim eligibility requirements.

(A) $525 cash, or $50 and exchange, claim on engine, flywheel and balancing plates ($25 of this goes to wrecker for pulling each engine). Claimed driver has option of accepting cash, or exchanging engines with claiming driver.

(B) Claim does not include - 1. clutch, 2. pressure plate, 3. bellhousing, 4. headers, 5. carburetor, 6. starter, 7. motor mounts, 8. oil/temp. sending units, 9. carburetor spacer, 10. fan and pulleys, 11. clutch ball, 12. clutch arm, 13. throw out bearing, 14. dip stick, 15. water pump, 16. fuel pump, rod and plate, 17. distributor, 18. plug wires, 19. water outlet and restrictor, 20. breathers.

http://www.monroemotorspeedway.com/

Did you notice that one of the classes to be offered is the IMCA sanctioned Sportmod (on pavement). The chassis restrictions are so severe in that type of car that it might split the difference between Sarges and my discussion pretty effectively.

Jay

There was a guy a few years ago (maybe lastyear) that tried to start a limited mod(sportmod) class at the houston track. It didnt make it. But I would love to run in a sportmod class at THR. They are basicaly the same as Thunder Stocks but lighter and modified bodies. Infact the only real differace in the motor rules are the valve spring seat presure.

Here's a set of rules for a very successful basic asphalt mod series. Guess what, they are almost identical to the IMCA rules except weights and some safety requirements.

(2007) MODIFIED DIVISION – RULES

SAFETY:

1. Kill switch required within easy reach of driver. This switch must say “on” or “off”.

2. Helmets are required, and must be minimum Snell 2000 approved type full coverage.

3. Fire suits of flame retardant nature, must be worn by all competitors. Fire resistant gloves required. All cars must have a working minimum 5 lbs. fire extinguisher mounted securely within reach of the driver and it must be fully charged..

4. Only one battery permitted. Maximum 16 volts. Must be mounted securely outside driver’s compartment.

5. All cars must have fuel cells. 22 gal. Max, in completely enclosed steel container. All cells to have a minimum of 2, 1/8” x 2” steel straps surrounding them. Fuel cell must be protected in rear of axle by roll cage tubing mounted securely. No part of fuel cell can be lower than protective tubing. Must be a minimum 8 inches from track.

6. Belts must be of aviation type quick release and must consist of a lap belt, shoulder harness and sub strap. Belts must be a minimum 3” AND NO MORE THAN THREE YEARS OLD. Belts with no date will be considered too old. Belts must be properly mounted to welded steel plates and not through tin or aluminum, floor or bulk head. A NASCAR approved head and neck restraint device is recommended. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE DRIVER, NOT NASCAR, TRACK OFFICIALS, OR THE PROMOTER, TO INSURE HIS/HERS PROTECTIVE CLOTHING, SAFETY RESTRAINT SYSTEMS, SEAT AND ALL SAFETY ITEMS ARE NASCAR APPROVED INSTALLED CORRECTLY, PROPERLY MAINTAINED AND PROPERLY USED.

7. Use of RaceSafe caution light system is required. Must be mounted on dash in front of driver. System must work, if not working, one week warning. After one week grace period, the car will not be allowed to race unless extraordinary conditions prevail, at which time the race director may grant a longer period to have working.

BODIES:

1. Bodies may be Tempo, Cavalier, Mustang II, Daytona, Gremlin etc. AMERICAN passenger car only. NO panel vans or station wagons. Rear window area must be open. Must be full size roof. Rear side windows must be either open or clear lexan. Must have full lexan windshield. All cars must be stock appearing and resemble an American made car sitting in the parking lot. Minimum and maximum body dimensions are referenced on available diagrams.

2. Firewalls and floorboards are mandatory. Fiberglass or metal duplicate of body parts are permitted. Handmade body parts may be constructed of steel aluminum, or fiberglass. Must be recognized as factory production vehicle, with name on front of drivers door. No slab bodies. All bodies must maintain OEM lines and angles, no body part may be closer than 4” to the ground. No side skirts permitted. No flat sided doors, quarter panels, fenders or rocker panels permitted.

3. Original roof line of vehicle should be maintained with a max 1” drop, rear to front. No wings. No spoilers. Or any other ground effects allowed inside or outside car. Both side windows must have minimum 12” vertical opening from front to back. Roof height must be a minimum 42 inches.

4. Engine compartment will remain open. No side panels. Hood sides may have maximum 4” drop and must be enclosed at rear of hood. Bodies should extend no further forward than back of block. Rear of bodies to be solid panel at least 8” high with car number.

ROLL CAGE:

1. Roll cage must consist of continuous hoops not less than 1-3/4” outside diameter, and must have a wall thickness of at least .095. Must be frame mounted in at least 6 places. Cages will be sonic tested if necessary.

2. Must consist of a configuration of front and rear hoops connected by tubing on the side or side hoops. Driver’s head must not protrude above cage with helmet on. Roll cage must be securely supported and braced. Top hoop must have crossbar.

3. Protection of feet is mandatory. Bar across back of engine with vertical bars and rub rails, or similar protection.

4. No brace bars forward of a cage may be higher than stock hook height.

5. Driver door bars must be as parallel with the ground as possible. And located perpendicular to the driver so as to provide maximum protection for driver, but without causing difficulty in getting in or out of vehicle. The side bars must be welded to the front and rear of the roll cage members. Door bars less than .095 thickness, should have 4 bars at least 1-3/4” diameter. Driver side door cage must be plated with 1/8” steel from top door bar down to frame, must be welded on outside.

6. Front bumper must be mounted frame end to frame end, with the bottom loop parallel to the ground. Minimum 1-1/4” pipe able to support car if lifted by wrecker. Rear bumpers may be constructed of pipe or flat stock, and must protect fuel cell. Center of bumpers (front and rear) must be 18” from ground. (tolerance 2”) Rear bumpers, nerf bars, and bodies must not extend beyond width or rear tires, and must not contain any sharp edges.

CHASSIS:

1. Minimum Weight: 2,500 lbs. after race with driver. Added weight must be lead minimum of 5 lb. blocks. No pellets! Added weight must be securely bolted inside the frame rails, behind front spindles and in front of rear axles. No weights inside the driver’s compartment. No more than 150 lb. bolt on weight permitted. Loose objects must not be used in driver’s compartment or outside of body or hood area. Any weights added to other areas of vehicle must be securely mounted and painted white, with car number on it. If a weight comes off your car and ends up on the race track you may be assessed a $200 fine. This does not apply if the car is involved in an accident. Attached with at least 2-1/2” bolts. Weights cannot be attached on rear bumper.

2. Factory production full 1950 or newer perimeter American passenger car frames only. Frames may be cut in rear only at point not farther than 36” from center of rear end housing. No Jeep, Bronco, or 4 Wheel Drive, Sports Car, etc. frames allowed. No front wheel drives.

3. Maximum tread width front and rear is 75 inches, measured from bead flange to bead flange on the outside of wheels, the front is measured at the front of the wheels, the rear is measured at the rear. The track gauge is the final word. Frames may not be widened or narrowed, and must be able to support cage on both sides. Must be full and complete both sides. Minimum frame height from ground is 4”. Cutting frame rails for spring clearance and radiator is allowed.

4. Front suspension must be in stock location. Heim ends are permissible. Stock passenger car spindles only. No fabricated spindles. No alterations (welding or heating) allowed on the spindle arms. Bottom A frames cannot be altered or moved. Tube type upper A frame allowed, can be moved and adjustable, cross shaft may be steel or aluminum. No coil over shocks allowed. No homemade coilovers. One steel body shock per wheel only. Only shocks with a racer list of $100.00 or less may be used.

5. Rear of frame may be altered to accept leaf or coil springs. Any coil spring must be at least 4-1/2” outside diameter. No fiberglass springs. No fiberglass lift bars. No torsion bars in rear. The rear center link must be a solid link and mounted in heim ends. Rear trailing arms must be mounted with a heim on the rear and a heim or steel in rubber bushing on the front.

6. No hydraulic, ratchet, or electric weight jacks anywhere in or on car.

7. A right front hub must be of OEM heavy duty type only. No aftermarket replacement hubs.

8. Minimum wheelbase 108”. No front clips or tube type allowed. No aluminum or fiberglass suspension or rear end parts. No aluminum drive shafts. Driveshaft must be painted white. No titanium parts may be used anywhere on car.

9. Steering box must be OEM. No rack and pinion. Must remain within original bolt pattern for

type of frame used. In cockpit steering may be modified to suit driver’s taste, but must be on left side of cockpit. No center steering.

10. No aluminum wheels, hubs, “A” frames, or spindles, or any other aluminum, suspension parts. No plastic carbon fiber wheels. All rims must be 15” x 8”. No tire bleeders.

11. Brakes must operate on all 4 wheels and lock up on inspection. All calipers must be OEM. No floating brake calipers permitted.

ENGINE/DRIVE LINE:

1. Only OEM production type transmissions will be allowed, 3 speed or 4 speed, and automatic. No 5 speed. No in and out boxes. No buttons or couplers. Must be clutch operated. Clutch or torque converter must be inside of bellhousing. Shift with motor running imperative! May use either stock OEM production clutches or triple disc with minimum 7 inch disc diameter. Steel discs and pressure plates only, no aluminum flywheels.

2. Transmissions must have at least one gear forward and one reverse gear, and must have neutral. All race cars must join lineup on demand, unaided, or go to rear of race!

3. Clutch type transmissions must be equipped with an explosion proof steel bellhousing.

4. Driveshaft loop is required and must be constructed of at least ¼” x 2” steel. Must be mounted no more than 6” back from front of driveshaft.

I agree that cost must be contained in order for any class to continue to grow in car count. As history has told time and again small rule changes allowing more modifications and the lack of enforcement of the rules has killed class after class. Sure these classes have been replaced by a more affordable class which flourished with cars only to be undone by us racers wanting to modify the rules and once again the lack of enforcement of the existing rules. Change is necessary however if we are not carefull history will repeat itself and many of us will be stuck with very expensive cars that can not be raced anywhere.

Instead of starting this revolving door once again I beleive we should focus on getting all of the existing cars that meet the rules to the track every week. This year 31 drivers and 28 different cars have competed in the Pro Modified class at HMP. I believe there are many more frome the San Antonio and Corpus areas that have not made the trip this year. These car owners have invested tens of thousands of dollars to own an asphalt car and for some reason only 12-14 show up each week. They have already made the investment, so why are the other 14-16 not showing up? These are the racers that have already made the choice but have decided not to race every week for some reason. Is it the current line up system? Is it because of the purse? Could it be due to a lack of consistency of race procedures? Could it be due to a perception of favortism that is unlikely reality but does exist. Or could it be due to the large amount of investment in time needed for just one event? Asphalt racing is an all day if not two day racing event when you include Friday night testing. Dirt guys can show up to the track at between 4 and 5 on race day and not be at a disadvantage.

In business customer retention is just as if not more important to growth than attracting new potential customers. Come on guys, the cars exist. Lets talk about the real issues at hand and address them before we throw away our current customer contact list and start a shootgun marketing campaign.

The current track owners at both HMP and Kyle have made a hugh investment as have those of us that have made the choice to race asphalt. They are our partners in the entertainment business and have made grand attempts to attract spectators. It is our responsability to advise them wisely of our needs and the issues that are keeping these racers away.

Jason Trotter

Pro Mod 00

Archived