Corpus Christi Speedway

ratdaddy

I have just spoken with Shelma, she has been released from the hospital and is trying to get caught up on things that have transpired over the last few days. She told me that she is going to start getting these issues resolved as soon as possible. There will be NO RACES THIS WEEKEND and she wants to get everything resolved before racing resumes. At the end of our conversation I asked her if she wanted me to post this because of the lack of communication, I thought this might be best for everyone to know what is going on today and she said ok. I will keep you informed as I find out any more info.

Shelma I am glad you are out of the hospital and doing better.

Thank You

I asked her if she wanted me to post this because of the lack of communication, I thought this might be best for everyone to know what is going on today and she said ok. I will keep you informed as I find out any more info.

Thank You

Thanks Don. Hope you printed that off.

On Edit: Just to remember, ofcourse......

I think its time for the CC guys to look for another event to get involved in.I dont see CC re-opening soon.You have 3 other choices right now,STS,THR,and RGS so dont grow spider webs,just do some chassis changes and GO RACE.Save your notes and if or when CC opens again,just change back.Thats what Im doing right now.The more different tracxks you race on the better you get.

OT,that 7 or 28 car has all that is needed to run out front in the dirt,give me one and I will show you.Bug guy,the air cooled cars have been so dominate on dirt thay were banned at most dirt tracks.All you other asphalt cars,all tracks are oval so ANY car can be made fast at ANY track.

Now GO RACE this weekend somewhere.You are racers,arent you?Winners never quit and quiters never win.

See you soon.

The track is not closed. The last announcement was that it is open and will be racing "soon".

On edit: The website says that the shedule is being restructured. www.corpuschristispeedway.net

I have not seen or heard anything from anyone in a management position at CC Speedway that would indicate that the track is closed.

I believe that GB was simply expressing his opinion and not speaking for the track owners.

Nick

Any clue as to if there will be any more races this season?

So do the Yocums have control over the track again?

There hasn't been any information posted that has named any of the new manangment of Corpus Chirsti Speedway since the resignation of Rick Day that I've seen. I would guess that it is still Shelma and James.

It is as good as closed at this point. With no communication from the management on future events, people have made other plans...whether it be racing other tracks or going fishing. I don't know why they can't realize that at this point. Every day that goes by without drivers getting money owed to them, every hour that drivers don't hear any news whatsoever on the future of CC Speedway..........another driver gone.

another driver gone.

come on up....i'll try and see what i can give you as far as a (once was a 970).

just think of the endless possibilities,,,,,,,,,i could get luched.

pirate flags and eye patches,,,,aaarrrrr

another driver gone.

pirate flags and eye patches,,,,aaarrrrr

Laying on the floor trying to catch thine breath. Top ten funniest quotes, guranteed (not sure how official these standings are).

Jack never checks any of that stuff. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but then there's the question of the weight jacks, adjustable sway bars, frame height issues, spring heights, etc..............

Dang the fine print! Give Jack a call, you never know what he might be able to work out.

p.s. I'd be more worried about those motors you guys are runnin' than any of that other stuff you listed. ;)

Hope to see you at the spectacular or sooner.

Yeah, but then there's the question of the weight jacks, adjustable sway bars, frame height issues, spring heights, etc..............

Dang the fine print! Give Jack a call, you never know what he might be able to work out.

p.s. I'd be more worried about those motors you guys are runnin' than any of that other stuff you listed. ;)

Hope to see you at the spectacular or sooner.

they are just v8.s that should be simple ..

Archived