Big Thanx To Owen

stsracer

WOW bold statement. Wouldnt hurt my feeling none if Owen did drop our class next year and I would understand why. Like I said I will still support Owen and his track in one way or anther. Crap if I had to I would sell my car get somethin else or just leave it sitting. But until Owen gets rid of our class if HE does, I will take my car out there and if you have to go [edited out by Nick Holt, 8/20/07]while we are on the Track then go ahead.Cant be no worse then watchin bombers. :D

If the thunder payout was same as the modifieds and it paid $500 to win, $300 for second, $200 for third etc, i was paid $70 for third. If payout is not B.S. where is my extra $130, or is there favortism going on here.

Bubba it was for the winner only no favortism. It was not the whole mod payout.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW bold statement. Wouldnt hurt my feeling none if Owen did drop our class next year and I would understand why. Like I said I will still support Owen and his track in one way or anther. Crap if I had to I would sell my car get somethin else or just leave it sitting. But until Owen gets rid of our class if HE does, I will take my car out there and if you have to go [edited out by Nick Holt, 8/20/07] while we are on the Track then go ahead.Cant be no worse then watchin bombers. :D

now why do you have to bring the bombers into this we bring same amount of cars if not more when we race but you dont here us complaining about the pay it still cost us the same for pit passes and we still have repairs and gas but we dont get extra purse or dash for cash we dont get any of that but thats ok we doing it for fun if i was doing it for money then last year i wouldnt have givin money points money back to owen at the awards party im just happy to be racin jmo also owen keep up good work thank you

Postell I didnt meen anything against the bombers and I dont race nor have I ever ever once complained about money. I race for the pure love of the sport. ;) And Will what makes you think you can beat me again. To bad you didnt show up you have got some kinda of money but it wouldnt have been 500 bucks cause that mine lol. Got it in cash to. :D

Congrats timbo but whats the deal with some of you people bashing on us man i mean come on we are a class just like the bombers, the hobby stocks, and etc.. we put money in our cars just like every one else does i go out there, tim goes out there, and other thunders too and we all support STS and in my perspective every one needs to quit bashing one another cause we are all from the same track and we should all support the same track

Postell I didnt meen anything against the bombers and I dont race nor have I ever ever once complained about money. I race for the pure love of the sport. ;) And Will what makes you think you can beat me again. To bad you didnt show up you have got some kinda of money but it wouldnt have been 500 bucks cause that mine lol. Got it in cash to. :D

i understand it just gets me mad when all you here about is money like thumper always saying that thunders need more money then there will be more cars and then when owen tries to do somthing more less cars show up meven gb himself so i dont understand when the chance for more cars to show up for more money they dont but then they b#@$% about money and then you have some say things like if you dont care about money then your not winning or you arent with the front runners thats bull if i wasnt spending money on racing i would be spending fishing or the movies with out thinking im going to get the money back im not saying that the money doesnt help some drivers but not all drivers rely on it jmo and i had to vent some hope i havent upset to many on here was not my inttention thank you

postell69, the thunder class is split between two tracks right now. In 2005 we had good car count and good purs money. 300 to win on any night we had 20 or more cars. We had 20+ cars manny times. Now that there are two tracks it has destroyed the thunder class.

Bobby, your right. To be honest I gave up on 4 cylinder racing. I have chased this crap around and around for the last two years. Gave up on corpus, tried to run TPS but then SA shut down. Didnt really feel like driving all the way to Kyle to go race.

YOU ARE RIGHT THAT IS YOUR OPINION BUT YOU ARE WRONG THE RACE TWO WEEKS AGOWHEN THE 17 AND 88 SMASHED THE WALL THERE WHERE 17 CARS AT CC IF YOU COULD GET THE PRO SADANS TO COME OUT THERE WOULD BE 4 OR5 MORE THUNDERS LIKE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SAID ALL NIGHT NOT TO BASH EACH OTHER ALL IT DOES IS HURT THE TRACK SO THAT IS ALL GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK BOBBY :)

hey postell i got a idea for you drop the bomber and race in the thunders ;)

hey just might do that run thunders when bombers arent and vice versa might be hard trying to run thunders bombers and pures next season but who knows just might try it its all for fun have a good day hey kevin want to build a thunder might be fun i know you have some tricks up your sleeve lol

You guys are so good! How did yall know? Yes my car got tagged last friday night, and yes I was broke last weekend. It cost money to race no matter what kind of car you have. I should have raced, flowers and all, because I would have won LOL!

Will you wouldnt have won. Your right it takes money to race and it takes getting payed to race too. Besides you probably would have trouble with a squirrel out there(34) that guy was chasing nuts all over the place. Would have sworn there was a acorn tree all over the track. :D

As a fan the thunder class ,as it is, is a good time to go to the concession stand.At CCMS you had maybe 5 fast cars and 15 with a wide speed differental.At STS the scatter all over the place.From this fan if either track didn't have them at all I wouldn't miss them.I do respect all the work the drivers and crews put into it though but I just don't think it is a required class.

i have raced in or with thunders sence 1984 ..... even tho i dont agree on you assessment 100 percent ...i will admit that over the last two or three years is has gotten to be dull ... the class needs work ..but other classes need it aswell ..racen is always a work in progress .. you have to work hard to keep a class interesting and fair as it can be in order to keep the class ... all classes stumble and look unessesary at times .. but they always get the dents knocked out and add some purty paint ... and its ok with me if you chime in with your thoughts aboult thunders ..it can only make thunder drivers think aboult what they need to do to keep you from going to the concession ..... my thought is more should chime in on thunders and other classes they dont like for what ever reason ....it can be healthy ...

Archived