Big Thanx To Owen

stsracer

I would like to give Owen a big thanx for keeping his word even though we only had 7 cars he did what he said he was gonna do and paid the winner $500. Well I won and got my $500 bucks. Didnt last long went straight into my brothers hand to pay for the parts I bought from him.

P.S. Also thanx for that nice size trophy. Trophys sure are awsome. Hope we can run for good money again sometime soon. Would help pay Ej off for the parts. See ya next race.

Thanx,Tim Gilpin :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will,you and Rick know why I didnt make that race.You remember the championship races for the last 3 years.Im glat for Tim it was actually paid this time.Tim,I should get an agents cuy dont you think?jk.Have fun goys.

Flattire,I think STS should pay trophys only for Thunders.Thats more money for modifieds.

Yeah Will and Rick you should remember the advertised purse was paid for the stock car championships and some people only read the headlines. :o

Does not matter guys I have always supported the Thunder class whether it was CC or STS, GB has some issues with his past that he uses to run me and STS down instead of the valley where previous owners did him wrong. He feels I did him wrong becuase I posted a purse with a breakdown for car count and I paid exactly what it said. He complains about the cost of pit parking, gas, and pit passes, then turns around wants to make thousands of dollars and see a track shut down.

There is a bigger picture in all this, all I have ever seen out of GB is support the Thunders and pay me more money I have never seen GB say lets support race tracks and keep them open. GB please keep doing all you do for CC and stay there your type of support is what kills a racetrack.

Oh yeah and say whatever you want GB my racetrack will be open with or without Thunder cars but I choose to have them because they are a good bunch of guys that enjoy racing.

Have a good day.

Owen

Will,you and Rick know why I didnt make that race.You remember the championship races for the last 3 years.Im glat for Tim it was actually paid this time.Tim,I should get an agents cuy dont you think?jk.Have fun goys.

Flattire,I think STS should pay trophys only for Thunders.Thats more money for modifieds.

actually GB on edit, i meant maybe ALL tracks(including CC should pay thunders with trophies) and then ALL the other classes could get more money not just mods............let it be a learners/beginners class to promote stock car racing to the young guns! :o

Do I sense a war brewing here? Or a major battle?

I will greatly appreciate it if we all stick to the issues and refrain from bashing as this discussion about the role of the 4-cyl cars is debated.

Thanks.

Nick

Actuslly Nick,the guy with the flat is exactly RIGHT ON THE BUTTON as to how the V8 guys feel about 4 cyl cars.Somehow they think racing a 4 banger does not qualify you as a real race car driver.I say balognia,I know a dozen 4 banger drivers that can outdrive most V8 dricers in equal cars.Many of good V8 drivers came from 4 Cyl cars.Some of the bravest drivers in the world drive 4 cyl cars at speeds aroung 180 mph without safer walls,corner lites etc.Its called the WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIPS.Fact is not many V8 drivers move up to 4 bangers because of this attitude,poor purses and the fact that many would not be fast enough to be competetive.

Owen,I am not going to banter with you about how you run your track.Your doing things right by looking at your car counts.EXCEPT for Thunders.Only you know why you cut the purse for Thunders this year over last year.Maybe you can get it up to speed with the other classes if you so desire.I hope you do.It starts with a better perception from the other classes.I am,always have been,and always will be looking for ways to improve 4 bangers enviroment wherever they are.Its up to the track owners to make the tracks successful,they are the ones who get the profits when there are any.I doubt if I can bait any more money from you for your Thunders.Thanks for what they did get. darn,fired again

Do I sense a war brewing here? Or a major battle?

I will greatly appreciate it if we all stick to the issues and refrain from bashing as this discussion about the role of the 4-cyl cars is debated.

Thanks.

Nick

THANK YOU NICK ..

GB I WENT FROM V8 TO FOUR BANGERS ..SOMETHING ABOULT POWERFULL HALF PINT MOTORS ..CRT DID ASWELLL ...MIKE CARLOCK DID SOME TIME IN A FOUR BANGER TOO ..I MAY ADD AFTER WHILE RACEN V8 FOR YEARS .HE HAD A BLAST ..... OWEN YOU ARE TO BE COMMENDED ON YOUR PURSE ..YOU ALL KEEP ON RACEN AND HAVEING FUN .. SOMEONE ANSWER THIS PLEASE YOU GO OUT AND HAVE FUN IN A 6 HORSE POWER GO KART ..THEN RACE A V8 .. THEN HAVE FUN IN A GO KART SOME MORE ...BUT YOUR MISSING SOMETHING IN BETWEEN ..LETS SEE WHAT COULD IT .BE ..A 150 TO 280 HORSE POWER OVER SIZED GO KART . KNOWN AS A THUNDER ..AND THAT DOESNT SOUND LIKE FUN ....MAKES YOU WANT TOGO HMMM .

WOW Mike I bet most of the 4 bangers don't make that hp only a few. nad that few has lots of money in them. I have drove both and there aint nothing like v8 power. The thunders are fun because you can go thru the turns faster but on the straights the v8 kicks butt. It doesn't matter what people choose to race as long as they have fun and support the tracks, that's the bottom line.

I would give Green Beans a trophy anyway. :o:o

When I talk to Owen the other day about this $500 to win deal and he told me since he put on the internet he was gonna pay it. I even told Owen he didnt have to if the cars didnt show up but he still did. I told Owen that I would race just for my $25 bucks if I HAD to. Every race except this one has payed a 100 bucks and to me thats fine with me cause its not about money its about the sport and supporting the track. Dont get me wrong though the money is nice cause it helps pay for things but Im not in racing to make money im in racing cause its what I like to do. Anyways keep up the good job Owen I will support STS as long as its around rather im racing or rather Im helping in some way.

P.S. Thanx for the $500 bucks. :D

As a fan the thunder class ,as it is, is a good time to go to the concession stand.At CCMS you had maybe 5 fast cars and 15 with a wide speed differental.At STS the scatter all over the place.From this fan if either track didn't have them at all I wouldn't miss them.I do respect all the work the drivers and crews put into it though but I just don't think it is a required class.

When I talk to Owen the other day about this $500 to win deal and he told me since he put on the internet he was gonna pay it. I even told Owen he didnt have to if the cars didnt show up but he still did. I told Owen that I would race just for my $25 bucks if I HAD to. Every race except this one has payed a 100 bucks and to me thats fine with me cause its not about money its about the sport and supporting the track. Dont get me wrong though the money is nice cause it helps pay for things but Im not in racing to make money im in racing cause its what I like to do. Anyways keep up the good job Owen I will support STS as long as its around rather im racing or rather Im helping in some way.

P.S. Thanx for the $500 bucks. :D

If the thunder payout was same as the modifieds and it paid $500 to win, $300 for second, $200 for third etc, i was paid $70 for third. If payout is not B.S. where is my extra $130, or is there favortism going on here.

Archived