J & S

Rookie49

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
all this talk about money why? i dont know about yall but im not ever gonna get rich from racing. probably go in debt just because i want to race because its fun no offence to anyone but if your in it for the money try a different sport. i made the trip to ccms had a blast broke some parts and went home. i could really care less if i get anything monetary or otherwise i like to see fans in the stands cheering for who they like or hate im there cause i want to help put on a show not for the money. has everyone lost the idea of racing for fun? or has the all mighty dollar gotten stuck in every ones eyes. like i said no offence to anyone if it helps racing in my area keep my check or use it to let some fan in the stands for free jmo scott
unless you have a MONEY tree and or you just want to run in the back ..you need the purse to help you make the next one ..... it takes aboult three hundred to race in kyle from cc ..thats a whole pay check for some . the purse does not cover that most of the time ...so for the love of racen .we take the lost ..if a track is charging you to enter ..and the fans to enter .....then you should get paid ..... if they dont pay a purse ..then they should not charge ... ..at the end of the night and you win 300 dallors ..will you let the track give it to us .so we may make it back again ....

I am such an optimist that when things don't turn out...it hurts a little bit more. I hope that everything

works out with J&S. We all need a place to race. I have always said I race for the love of the sport

but even though it is an expensive sport we need whatever money we get back. Personally I don't

like working on my car or spending lots of money to race. The only thing that has kept me going the

last few years is the time I am in the car, on the track going at it under green. The little check waiting

for me the next race helps me a lot.

The one thing I dont understand is they have been wanting to work with the other tracks up to the purchase of CCS and now they are scheduling races on the same nights as the other tracks and trying to pull cars from those tracks, mainly hmp, TWICE....

Working with the other tracks is important but, I think CCMS, THR, & HMP need to look into pumping up their

WEEKLY shows first.

JMO

Mel

Please tell me how we are to pump up our show more. My god we had 9 classes of cars last weekend.

More is not always better

I have no stake in this other than as a fan, and I'll be quite honest here. 9 classes of cars does not appeal to me at all - and I think a lot of fans out there will agree. I've seen some race reports where there's 5 or more classes of cars - many variations of street stocks, hobby stocks, whateveryouwannacallem stocks - and the car count in each division is usually right around 10, some as few as 7.

In my humble opinion, the tracks around here need to get together, consolidate some rules, CUT DOWN the classes of cars which will make bigger fields overall....so you can have 20 cars racing to the green. It may cost a few teams a few dollars to make some changes, but that can be offset with weight handicaps for bigger engines, etc. If you have all of these little purses to pay out you're going to have small car counts.

Too many classes keeps me away - again, just my opinion.

The one thing I dont understand is they have been wanting to work with the other tracks up to the purchase of CCS and now they are scheduling races on the same nights as the other tracks and trying to pull cars from those tracks, mainly hmp, TWICE....

Working with the other tracks is important but, I think CCMS, THR, & HMP need to look into pumping up their

WEEKLY shows first.

JMO

Mel

Please tell me how we are to pump up our show more. My god we had 9 classes of cars last weekend.

More is not always better

I have no stake in this other than as a fan, and I'll be quite honest here. 9 classes of cars does not appeal to me at all - and I think a lot of fans out there will agree. I've seen some race reports where there's 5 or more classes of cars - many variations of street stocks, hobby stocks, whateveryouwannacallem stocks - and the car count in each division is usually right around 10, some as few as 7.

In my humble opinion, the tracks around here need to get together, consolidate some rules, CUT DOWN the classes of cars which will make bigger fields overall....so you can have 20 cars racing to the green. It may cost a few teams a few dollars to make some changes, but that can be offset with weight handicaps for bigger engines, etc. If you have all of these little purses to pay out you're going to have small car counts.

Too many classes keeps me away - again, just my opinion.

I totally agree that 9 classes is too many. To me anything more than 3 is too many. And my perspective is that of a fan too.

i guess the truth sucks!! people got taken for a ride but lets not bash the people in the wrong. whatever someone start a new forum......................

I don't want a new forum started but you are right everytime these people do something and it gets brought to everyones attention,it gets swept under the table!!!Whatever happen to read em and weep and calling a spade a spade!!!!Who are we trying to protect here?These people owe money to racers!!!What ever happened to pay what you owe.If they got ripped off by some crooked track worker,they need to fire them and press charges,but that still does not relieve them from their promises and responsibilities to the track purse.Nick you need to call around,this is deeper than just CC!!!!

landlord,

I'm sure I could do a better job at moderating. And I'm just as sure that I make mistakes.

But, quite frankly, I probably should have stopped this whole CCS and J & S bash session days ago. However, there were several issues brought up that needed to brought up and, thankfully, some of those issues are apparently being addressed by J&S.

Many of the more recent posts were no longer dealing with issues. A number of them were simply bashes. I agree, regretably, that several legitmate posts that responded to some of the bashes that were removed were removed right along with the bashes since they no longer made any sense without the "parent" post still up. [On re-read: I'm sure I could have said that better.. ]

Whether anyone likes it (and the vast majority do) or not, TXSZ is not a bash site and I do my best to keep it as bash free as possible.

Lastly, I normally do not publicly debate moderation issues in the forums and I do not intend to get into a pissing contest with folks over moderation issues. So, if anyone has an issue with the way TXSZ is run, please feel free to contact me via email cnholt@sbcglobal.net or via PM.

Thanks.

Nick

j and s has come through for me i paid my $20 i belive in them all you drives just give Shelma and James a chance August 4 was there first night at cc .when i raced at san antonio speedway it took two to three weeks to get my wining check from Terry all you drivers just give them a chance . about not geting paid is no body business but the drives . if you have any thing to say just give Shelma a call if she dont answer she will call you back .

Be careful guys, The rug was jerked out from under the racers at i37 as far as i am concerned w/ this group. Its a tough business they are trying to get into. I would of thought more foresite would have been put into it but it doesnt appear so. Just working hard isnt nearly enough, working smarter is better.

Geez,9 classes! That is way too many.For asphalt I would say no more than 4.For the payout thing what is done is done.If everyone gets paid I say give them another chance.I doubt they are that dumb to do that again.I agree they should take care of the local racers first.That is where the bulk of the car count and fan support comes from. The tough issue I see facing J@S is getting the CCMS guys to change over to THR type rules which I hear is being hinted at.I understand the want to make the rules of the 3 asphalt tracks similar but just how many are going to travel to each track on a regular basis? Then again if the tracks are going to run big dollar events it will be easier to run if all the cars are running the same rules.So if rules changes are coming for CCMS I hope the teams embrace them for I really think it will pay off in the long run.J@S have stumbled in regards to 8/4 but as long as it is not repeated in the future they will be ok.After all they have made quite an investment buying CCMS I really doubt they did that to bury it.I have to say if they want a model to go by just do what is being done at STS.Part of what I see is being done there is the track does what they say they are going to do,they treat everyone fairly and create a great atmosphere to race there.That just doesn't seem that difficult to do to me.

Geez,9 classes! That is way too many.For asphalt I would say no more than 4.For the payout thing what is done is done.If everyone gets paid I say give them another chance.I doubt they are that dumb to do that again.I agree they should take care of the local racers first.That is where the bulk of the car count and fan support comes from. The tough issue I see facing J@S is getting the CCMS guys to change over to THR type rules which I hear is being hinted at.I understand the want to make the rules of the 3 asphalt tracks similar but just how many are going to travel to each track on a regular basis? Then again if the tracks are going to run big dollar events it will be easier to run if all the cars are running the same rules.So if rules changes are coming for CCMS I hope the teams embrace them for I really think it will pay off in the long run.J@S have stumbled in regards to 8/4 but as long as it is not repeated in the future they will be ok.After all they have made quite an investment buying CCMS I really doubt they did that to bury it.I have to say if they want a model to go by just do what is being done at STS.Part of what I see is being done there is the track does what they say they are going to do,they treat everyone fairly and create a great atmosphere to race there.That just doesn't seem that difficult to do to me.

i think it would be great to have all three tracks with the same rules. just dont see it happening

one track would have to change there whole motor program

......and tire

,,,,,,,,,,,and i ain't giving up my HOOSIER 970 for a street tire,,,,,,,,positively NOT for a goodyear.

things will get done, people will get paid.......if people don't get paid be mad,,,but don't resort to telling them what and how to run THEIR track. jmo

Yeah, and I really don't want to have to buy new 970's every 2 or 3 weeks to run up front. Or change my cam. Or change my heads. Or have to run my leaf spring shackles the same on both sides (Which in my opinion is really stupid, that is why they make multi-hole shackles......I guess they don't understand that a coil spring guy can change springs in minutes, unlike a leaf spring guy). Or I can go on and on. I think what was stated earlier is right, why should we have to change all our rules just to get a few cars to come down and race maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

I know what you mean Greg. Nobody wants to make a bunch of changes. I think at some point, somebody is going to have to. The question is who.

In case the changes do come your way, here some new stuff: We can now use adjustable spring cups and shackles, and the shackles don't have to be the same on both sides anymore. We get 4 races out of the right side and LR tires and 1/2 season out of the LF. I know that's not as much as the street tires, but it's not too bad.

Congrats on another win.

I didn't know they changed those rules. That is good for you guys.

In the past, CC has been a whole lot more abrasive on tires than the other tracks. I haven't run the 970's on a weekly basis. Maybe they would hold up and keep their grip better than the 53's we ran in the past.

Archived