J & S

Rookie49

once again i dont have a gog, but a susual i do have a few cents worth...

i have raced many different places in my 47 years from arizona , new mexico, texas ,louisiana, i have never left a racetrack without going to the pay window at the completion of the races to collect my winnings.

i bought a pit pass to corpus christi that night , and i didnt get the opportunity to have it billed to me, they got my money up front, and regardless of weather. poor showing . power outage..whatever i wasnt going to get cash back..maybe a free entry to antoher event im sure.

is this common practice in central and south texas?......if so shame on the racers for allowing this to happen

San Antonio Speedway did not pay on race night. THR does not pay on race night. None of the asphalt touring series pay on race night (at least those I'm aware of). I don't believe HMP pays on race night, but that may have changed (if it has, again, I am not aware of it).

Yes, many dirt tracks do pay on race night, however.

I'm confident that the new owners of CC Speedway are working hard to resolve the August 4th payout issue.

Nick

All the dirt tracks pay on race night. CC Speedway did until now. The problem is the checks were mailed on Tuesday (7th) then again on Thursday (9th) now it's supposed to be resolved by Monday (20th). Doesn't make an out of towner want to race there. I used to take my dirt car to SAS and it took me two weeks to get paid each time. That was money I needed for the next week of racing. I only went twice because of that. Maybe that's why asphault tracks in Texas are seeing low car counts and most dirt tracks are getting decent numbers.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I dont understand is they have been wanting to work with the other tracks up to the purchase of CCS and now they are scheduling races on the same nights as the other tracks and trying to pull cars from those tracks, mainly hmp, TWICE....

Working with the other tracks is important but, I think CCMS, THR, & HMP need to look into pumping up their

WEEKLY shows first.

I can see a working relationship with the other tracks on Touring Series dates as being beneficial to all tracks and Texas Racing in general.

Can all the bills get paid when you are only taking in money 2 nights a month? I don't know... not any of my business but makes you think.

When it comes down to it, I think to be successful the local tracks are going to have to run every Saturday night they can with the locals. Add in a touring series now and again.

JMO

Mel

I agree, the weekly series is one thing but when your try to pull cars from HMP on nights that their running isnt gonna earn you any brownie points... They tried to get the roadsters last time and their trying to get the mods for sept 1st. They need to work together if they want to survive......

The one thing I dont understand is they have been wanting to work with the other tracks up to the purchase of CCS and now they are scheduling races on the same nights as the other tracks and trying to pull cars from those tracks, mainly hmp, TWICE....

Working with the other tracks is important but, I think CCMS, THR, & HMP need to look into pumping up their

WEEKLY shows first.

JMO

Mel

Please tell me how we are to pump up our show more. My god we had 9 classes of cars last weekend.

It is not a good "number of classes" we want to see. It is a good "number of cars" in each class. Fifty cars in two classes is a lot better show than fifty cars in six classes. That is why the races are lasting too late at night. Too many long features with few cars in each feature. I believe if a track would make a commitment to grow three local classes, they would get more fans than with nine classes. The people that will build a car and race it are being divided into too many classes so we have small fields in each class.

thanks Nick for the clarification

i have not raced in central texas (kids in college) bu ti am sure i will return soon. it is a tottaly different attitude i guess

i am sure Mary ann takes care of business so noone has to worry, i can see local weekly racers on a week delay , but one time or traveling series , i am surprized they arent paid at the end of races.

we always had a saying" we pay to get in ...and you pay to get us out" that way we can afford a whatburger on the way home

thanks Nick for the clarification

i have not raced in central texas (kids in college) bu ti am sure i will return soon. it is a tottaly different attitude i guess

i am sure Mary ann takes care of business so noone has to worry, i can see local weekly racers on a week delay , but one time or traveling series , i am surprized they arent paid at the end of races.

we always had a saying" we pay to get in ...and you pay to get us out" that way we can afford a whatburger on the way home

thanks for helping me to decide on supper ..

Nick.gotta argue with you on the sas pay out.perhaps it was a different name,but when the half mile had its BIGGEST car counts,you got your CASH at the end of the night.no checks,no money orders,CASH!.perhaps thats why they changed it,TO MANY CARS,lol.....people can try to pass j@s off as starters,but there are more problems here then lots talk about.and due to a law suit its claimed it should not be posted.WHATEVER....but even to date stories are still beig said ,I WANNA SEE THE PLAYGROUND AT STS that SHE stated she was having done.i really dont want to see it,but i think the kids would like it.so perhaps some loyal STS supporters will do it....hey OWEN,if you want it done,you can count on my labor plus some donated cash....frank t

Nick.gotta argue with you on the sas pay out.perhaps it was a different name,but when the half mile had its BIGGEST car counts,you got your CASH at the end of the night.no checks,no money orders,CASH!.perhaps thats why they changed it,TO MANY CARS,lol.....people can try to pass j@s off as starters,but there are more problems here then lots talk about.and due to a law suit its claimed it should not be posted.WHATEVER....but even to date stories are still beig said ,I WANNA SEE THE PLAYGROUND AT STS that SHE stated she was having done.i really dont want to see it,but i think the kids would like it.so perhaps some loyal STS supporters will do it....hey OWEN,if you want it done,you can count on my labor plus some donated cash....frank t

Frank. I stand corrected. I guess you were on the administrative side and I was on the competition side back when you were working for SAIS and Joe Horne. I didn't realize that they paid cash back your era.

Sorry for the mis-information.

Nick

all this talk about money why? i dont know about yall but im not ever gonna get rich from racing. probably go in debt just because i want to race because its fun no offence to anyone but if your in it for the money try a different sport. i made the trip to ccms had a blast broke some parts and went home. i could really care less if i get anything monetary or otherwise i like to see fans in the stands cheering for who they like or hate im there cause i want to help put on a show not for the money. has everyone lost the idea of racing for fun? or has the all mighty dollar gotten stuck in every ones eyes. like i said no offence to anyone if it helps racing in my area keep my check or use it to let some fan in the stands for free jmo scott

SS45 nobody expects to get rich off racing but if someone advertises a purse then that purse should be paid promptly. You have tryed to make your fellow race car drivers look like the ones in the wrong with your post and they should be insulted.

This one has gone far enough. I think everyone has the idea by now. This constant bickering back and forth is not what TXSZ is for.

Again, I have removed several posts in this thread that served no purpose except to bash.

Enough already.

Nick

P.S. Johnny, if you have an issue with the way this site is moderated, please bring it to me in person. Thanks.

Nick

This one has gone far enough. I think everyone has the idea by now. This constant bickering back and forth is not what TXSZ is for.

Again, I have removed several posts in this thread that served no purpose except to bash.

Enough already.

Nick

P.S. Johnny, if you have an issue with the way this site is moderated, please bring it to me in person. Thanks.

Nick

i will

no im not tryin to make anyone look bad or offened any racer. im simply saying that all though no one has recived the payout it shouldnt be about that it should be about the love of racing and putting on a show. ya a five hundred dollar payout is a nice incentive but id rather see people in the stands thats more incentive for me

no im not tryin to make anyone look bad or offened any racer. im simply saying that all though no one has recived the payout it shouldnt be about that it should be about the love of racing and putting on a show. ya a five hundred dollar payout is a nice incentive but id rather see people in the stands thats more incentive for me

SS45- Ive got 250.00 says you won't show up at THR saturday and race.

SS45- Ive got 250.00 says you won't show up at THR saturday and race.

weather permitting i will be there bald tires and all lol and keep your money im doin it for fun

Archived