J & S

Rookie49

J & S,

You have promised a lot to the South Texas Race Community. I think you have delivered in some small part. I believe there is doubt in the minds of the race community at large about other issues. I am not bashing but I am going to put you on the spot and give you an invitation to allay many racers and fans worries. I believe that you owe it to them and that it would help build credibility for your organization. You are no longer talkng about just dreams and promises of people's. Now you have taken their money- not as an investment which includes risk but as an entry fee which offers a payout- You have presented yourself as a businesswoman and have intimated to many on this board that you are a successful business woman that we should not question because we do not understand some of the complicated issues of business, land, real estate, sponsorship,law, and racing. That being said I think a lot of people are beginning to question and deserve to have their concerns addressed. They deserve an answer. Please address the status of the following. If they are not going to happen, why not?

Give people a reason to believe you.

I37 purchase

Motorfest

Sponsorship drive at McCreless library

School supply drive for "all of the schools in the area" By the way, how many schools are "in the area?" You said you called them all. Do you have a list of the schools?

Aug 4 payout

Smokin' alley dreamplex

Other regional track purchases whichyou have purportedly made.

This is not a bash. You may have good answers, I just think people have not heard them if you do and they need to. I commend you on stepping to the plate in the case of CCS.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rookie,if they don't do another thing it would'nt surprise me.The only people I feel they have an obligation too is the people that bought in on the $20.00 thing.Their have been some racers post stuff they have recieved for their monthly fees so I guess thats real.Plus they have purchased a racetrack.(pretty big commitment)I don't know if they will answere your questions but if everyone keeps jacking with these people they just might take their hard earned money and go elsewhere.Everyone wants everything right now,we live in a today world and I understand that,but let's give em some time and see what happens!!!!What do you,me,we have to loose????

J & S,

I37 purchase

Motorfest

School supply drive for "all of the schools in the area" By the way, how many schools are "in the area?" You said you called them all. Do you have a list of the schools?

Aug 4 payout

Smokin' alley dreamplex

Let's no forget the promised the unpaid sponsership towards the TPS.

J & S,

You have promised a lot to the South Texas Race Community. I think you have delivered in some small part. I believe there is doubt in the minds of the race community at large about other issues. I am not bashing but I am going to put you on the spot and give you an invitation to allay many racers and fans worries. I believe that you owe it to them and that it would help build credibility for your organization. You are no longer talkng about just dreams and promises of people's. Now you have taken their money- not as an investment which includes risk but as an entry fee which offers a payout- You have presented yourself as a businesswoman and have intimated to many on this board that you are a successful business woman that we should not question because we do not understand some of the complicated issues of business, land, real estate, sponsorship,law, and racing. That being said I think a lot of people are beginning to question and deserve to have their concerns addressed. They deserve an answer. Please address the status of the following. If they are not going to happen, why not?

Give people a reason to believe you.

I37 purchase

Motorfest

Aug 4 payout

Smokin' alley dreamplex

This is not a bash. You may have good answers, I just think people have not heard them if you do and they need to. I commend you on stepping to the plate in the case of CCS.

Mr. Sutton,

As I was asked by Terry Dickerson, as Debbie posted before, per Terry . We will not discuss business on this forum. Business is not discussed on a public forum. As you stated in your public meeting we all attended, you also could not discuss some business issues that the drivers were asking. I'm working on the matter of the payout to get answers.

Shelma

if YOU put on the race what matters of the pay-out would YOU need answer's for??? no answers to the racers questions about the pay has damaged your credibility therefore i would've rather tried to answer the question's. i'm sure there's some excuse like the race was sponsored by so and so but ultimately your responsible for answering the questions !! jmo

I do apologized again. This matter of the payout will be taken care of by Monday . I can not go as fast as I want to. Because I need the answers of where checks went to. We all are human and make many mistakes in life, and we learn many things along the way. We have corrected the payout situation.

Rookie,if they don't do another thing it would'nt surprise me.The only people I feel they have an obligation too is the people that bought in on the $20.00 thing.Their have been some racers post stuff they have recieved for their monthly fees so I guess thats real.Plus they have purchased a racetrack.(pretty big commitment)I don't know if they will answere your questions but if everyone keeps jacking with these people they just might take their hard earned money and go elsewhere.Everyone wants everything right now,we live in a today world and I understand that,but let's give em some time and see what happens!!!!What do you,me,we have to loose????

landlord, at what point, after how many coincidental "happenings", can we start asking questions? Respectfully, I must say that a continued "wait and see what happens" attitude is not a very prudent thing to do at this point regarding J&S. You may not have anything to lose, but any racer in Central Texas contemplating racing at their track or any track they are in control of does. I think we have every right to ask a few tough questions of them given their track record since they hit the scene. Of course, they don't have to answer anything, but that's a decision they'll have to live with.

whoa, slow down everyone.

Let's give these folks the benefit of the doubt. they came in, mid season, and have taken the cc bull by the horns. It would be pollyanna of you to think that everything would be smooth as silk. Lets give them some time to iron things out. They are learning the business, and I am sure the curve is plenty steep. We want our money also, but we will patiently wait.

Rookie, I almost get the feeling that you are going to be the watchdog on J&S and be more than happy to point out all their faults. Almost like you are upset that they came in and announced they are building a track after you had your fact finding meeting. I want answers to those questions you listed as well, but I am going to give them some time to sort through things. I won't give them an extended period of time, but I will give them some time and I will wait and see.

Let's not bust their chops every chance we get and make them feel it is them against the world. Sometimes, and I am more than guilty of this, we let our alligator mouth overload our hummingbird a$$.

Thanks for reading.

Lot of broken promises and unpaid racers. Somebody overstepped there financial bounds. I don't think Rookie is the watch dog. At this point everyone from the racers to the fans are watching.

So much for giving them the benefit of the doubt!!!!This is the first I have heard of racers not getting paid!!!!If thats the case everyone does have a right to be upset AND expect some answeres!!!!If racers start boycotting their track I bet answeres and payouts come quick!!!! :angry:

The one thing I dont understand is they have been wanting to work with the other tracks up to the purchase of CCS and now they are scheduling races on the same nights as the other tracks and trying to pull cars from those tracks, mainly hmp, TWICE....

You are so right Thunder Hill and HMP have been working together nicely this season.You would think being the new kid on the block that they would do the same!!!You would also think that they would make sure promises as for as gas cards and pay-out money would be kept,especially on the very first race!!!!UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

my hope with this CC deal is hopefully they will let the supporting cast make it work. I don't know Rick Day so I cannot speak on that but I do know and am familier with Debbie and she can really help run that show well, she did a great job with SAS when resources were limited and did it with great attitude so, let's hope that happens.

Zoom,

I am not their watchdog. I am not bashing them. I am not hoping they fail. They have people working for them who I like and respect. They are offering a place to race to friends of mine. Why would I want those people to lose their job or their track?

Landlord,

I'm sorry that you feel that the only people they owe an explanation to are the sponsorship program participants. I disagree. I feel that those people who were promised a payout and didn't get it are due an explanation.

I feel that the racing community at large wants to believe in J & S. Right now they are losing that good will.

Their is an old saying- "There's no such thing as public opinion, there is only published opinion." I'm trying to point out to them that they have the opportunity to right that ship by "publishing" their side. Do they have every right to tell me to go jump in the lake? Yes they do. Do I have a finacial stake in this? No, I don't. Why do I care? Because I have a lot of friends who have racecars or who love watching racecars who are putting a lot of hope in these people and who right now are wondering if they've been had. Because I have been watching small local circle trackracing for over 35 years and I've seen promoters come and go. I've seen tracks come and go. I've seen money come and go. The one constant has been the local racer who cares so much and wants racing so bad that he will buy into the best prospect he has regardless of whether it is a good prospect. Like me or dislike me, The fact is I have been supporting and debating and enjoying the racing community in this area for several years now and I have always been willing to put my two cents in and have been willing to back it up when I needed to. I have made a career of telling people what they need to hear not what they want to hear, of asking questions that people need answers to but maybe they can't or won't ask.

A couple of you have said that they may have made some mistakes, give 'em a chance, they are new. That's what I am doing. I'm giving them a chance to address something that is becoming a bigger issue than they appear tothinkit is. Because money won't buy success in any arena if your partners, your clients, your customers don't trust you.

Shelma, James,

I apologize if you think I am being harsh. I am not trying to bust your chops. I am telling you that right now people you had won over to a degree are questioning your credibility. A lot of them are people who will never say a word, they will just go away. Just because they are not out here in cyberland beating on you doesn't mean they do not exist. Right now you have a chance to take this bull by the horns and turn this to your good. Please do it.

Zoom,

I am not their watchdog. I am not bashing them. I am not hoping they fail. They have people working for them who I like and respect. They are offering a place to race to friends of mine. Why would I want those people to lose their job or their track?

Landlord,

I'm sorry that you feel that the only people they owe an explanation to are the sponsorship program participants. I disagree. I feel that those people who were promised a payout and didn't get it are due an explanation.

I feel that the racing community at large wants to believe in J & S. Right now they are losing that good will.

Their is an old saying- "There's no such thing as public opinion, there is only published opinion." I'm trying to point out to them that they have the opportunity to right that ship by "publishing" their side. Do they have every right to tell me to go jump in the lake? Yes they do. Do I have a finacial stake in this? No, I don't. Why do I care? Because I have a lot of friends who have racecars or who love watching racecars who are putting a lot of hope in these people and who right now are wondering if they've been had. Because I have been watching small local circle trackracing for over 35 years and I've seen promoters come and go. I've seen tracks come and go. I've seen money come and go. The one constant has been the local racer who cares so much and wants racing so bad that he will buy into the best prospect he has regardless of whether it is a good prospect. Like me or dislike me, The fact is I have been supporting and debating and enjoying the racing community in this area for several years now and I have always been willing to put my two cents in and have been willing to back it up when I needed to. I have made a career of telling people what they need to hear not what they want to hear, of asking questions that people need answers to but maybe they can't or won't ask.

A couple of you have said that they may have made some mistakes, give 'em a chance, they are new. That's what I am doing. I'm giving them a chance to address something that is becoming a bigger issue than they appear tothinkit is. Because money won't buy success in any arena if your partners, your clients, your customers don't trust you.

Shelma, James,

I apologize if you think I am being harsh. I am not trying to bust your chops. I am telling you that right now people you had won over to a degree are questioning your credibility. A lot of them are people who will never say a word, they will just go away. Just because they are not out here in cyberland beating on you doesn't mean they do not exist. Right now you have a chance to take this bull by the horns and turn this to your good. Please do it.

Rookie,I was not aware of what was going on.The only mid-state news I get is on here and noone has said anything about them oweing money.Now that I know the whole deal I completely understand and back the unpaid racers 100%.Also now that this has come to light,you are right it is now anyones bussiness that is thinking of racing or attending one of their races.

Rookie,I was not aware of what was going on.The only mid-state news I get is on here and noone has said anything about them oweing money.Now that I know the whole deal I completely understand and back the unpaid racers 100%.Also now that this has come to light,you are right it is now anyones bussiness that is thinking of racing one of their races.

Thanks,

Landlord.

Did you ever have a boss that chewed you out in public before finding out what was actually going on? And after you explained what you did and why you did it, he was ok with it after all? And that even though he was ok with it after all, didn't bother to contact those who only heard the chewing out you got?

One important concept in management is to criticize in private and complement in public. In this case, the racers and the fans are the management and J&S is the employee. You have questions about what they are doing and/or why they are doing it, then ask them in private. If you see things they are doing right, tell that in public. When in doubt, you can always fall back on Mom's advice of "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all."

Excuses? Well there are excuses and there are reasons. Sometimes they are hard to tell apart. Sometimes it depends on the point of view. Imagine that you are waiting on a part for your race car that you need to compete this week. You expect it in on Tuesday and even if it doesn't make it until Wednesday you can still make the races this week. So you tell the promoter to expect you. The promoter tells a fan or some fans to expect you. Then your shipment is delayed, let's say due to the weather. It's not the fault of the shipper. It's certainly not your fault and it's for sure not the promoter's fault. The facts are you didn't get your part in time and weren't able to make the race. Is that an excuse or a reason? The facts are still the same.

Did you ever have a boss that chewed you out in public before finding out what was actually going on? And after you explained what you did and why you did it, he was ok with it after all? And that even though he was ok with it after all, didn't bother to contact those who only heard the chewing out you got?

One important concept in management is to criticize in private and complement in public. In this case, the racers and the fans are the management and J&S is the employee. You have questions about what they are doing and/or why they are doing it, then ask them in private. If you see things they are doing right, tell that in public. When in doubt, you can always fall back on Mom's advice of "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all."

Excuses? Well there are excuses and there are reasons. Sometimes they are hard to tell apart. Sometimes it depends on the point of view. Imagine that you are waiting on a part for your race car that you need to compete this week. You expect it in on Tuesday and even if it doesn't make it until Wednesday you can still make the races this week. So you tell the promoter to expect you. The promoter tells a fan or some fans to expect you. Then your shipment is delayed, let's say due to the weather. It's not the fault of the shipper. It's certainly not your fault and it's for sure not the promoter's fault. The facts are you didn't get your part in time and weren't able to make the race. Is that an excuse or a reason? The facts are still the same.

If I had just bought a track and planned this "special" thank you race for the old owners,I would make darn good and sure that my employees (racers) got paid.Alot of these racers pulled from the S.A./Austin area with gas card promises.With no excuse or reasons given,the facts are still the same,the racers are not paid.You bring it to the publics attention so everyone is aware of whats going on and then they can make up their on mind if they want to patronize that establishment.

once again i dont have a gog, but a susual i do have a few cents worth...

i have raced many different places in my 47 years from arizona , new mexico, texas ,louisiana, i have never left a racetrack without going to the pay window at the completion of the races to collect my winnings.

i bought a pit pass to corpus christi that night , and i didnt get the opportunity to have it billed to me, they got my money up front, and regardless of weather. poor showing . power outage..whatever i wasnt going to get cash back..maybe a free entry to antoher event im sure.

is this common practice in central and south texas?......if so shame on the racers for allowing this to happen

once again i dont have a gog, but a susual i do have a few cents worth...

i have raced many different places in my 47 years from arizona , new mexico, texas ,louisiana, i have never left a racetrack without going to the pay window at the completion of the races to collect my winnings.

i bought a pit pass to corpus christi that night , and i didnt get the opportunity to have it billed to me, they got my money up front, and regardless of weather. poor showing . power outage..whatever i wasnt going to get cash back..maybe a free entry to antoher event im sure.

is this common practice in central and south texas?......if so shame on the racers for allowing this to happen

San Antonio Speedway did not pay on race night. THR does not pay on race night. None of the asphalt touring series pay on race night (at least those I'm aware of). I don't believe HMP pays on race night, but that may have changed (if it has, again, I am not aware of it).

Yes, many dirt tracks do pay on race night, however.

I'm confident that the new owners of CC Speedway are working hard to resolve the August 4th payout issue.

Nick

The one thing I dont understand is they have been wanting to work with the other tracks up to the purchase of CCS and now they are scheduling races on the same nights as the other tracks and trying to pull cars from those tracks, mainly hmp, TWICE....

Working with the other tracks is important but, I think CCMS, THR, & HMP need to look into pumping up their

WEEKLY shows first.

I can see a working relationship with the other tracks on Touring Series dates as being beneficial to all tracks and Texas Racing in general.

Can all the bills get paid when you are only taking in money 2 nights a month? I don't know... not any of my business but makes you think.

When it comes down to it, I think to be successful the local tracks are going to have to run every Saturday night they can with the locals. Add in a touring series now and again.

JMO

Mel

Archived