Checks from 8-4

Truck99

I don't feel anyone was trying to be sneaky or under handed about the pay for Aug.4th. However, I do feel some more explanation is due. People make mistakes and generally people understand when they are told the entire truth. I did see Shelma and James at the track Saturday, so don't make it seem as if they are hiding. I am not defending anyone, but don't get carried away. My husband is also still waiting for his check. The tires he needs to race on will be bought with that money. It generally doesn't take the mail so long. I feel after seeing everyone upset on here that someone would attempt to make more of an effort to comfort people. As new owners you may want to mend some fences. I'm sure you plan on a long future. As for all the drivers who always say "I only race for fun, the purse doesn't matter" , I guess we know otherwise now. Yes, fun is the main reason, but a good purse sure makes it a whole lot nicer. These are strictly my opinions, not my husband or any one else!!

Of course the money matters.Those who say it doesnt are those who usually dont win much anyway.I have been paying for my racing with purse money for 13 years now.Each nite takes about 150$ for diesel,race gas pit passes etc.Not including any repairs to the car.This 2 weeks without pay has been tough but the dough will make it eventually and things will be cool again.There are more Thunder cars waiting to see this resolved and come race here too.The purse matters to them too.Maybe we can double it?????????? :D Anyway some of the money is at the track now.

Can someone feel me in , why do most tracks pay cash/check at the end of the night , and there accountants can keep it straight. But The New owners accountants cant? 2nd why are the checks coming from another state? Do the owners live in Texas? Is there a way to track down said checks that have been mailed?

Has anybody recieved checks yet , were they correct?

None of the corpus drivers have recieved there checks yet from August 4th,but Shelma Walton is trying to find out why they have not been recieved yet.Hopefully she will have this all resolved pretty quick.

I can not belive what I am reading here! I was mad that I did not make it up there to race but I am glad I did not. If someone held a race in order to promote a track and said that there is no entry fee and no purse I would go and I think others would as well because we love to race and it would hopefully help the track build it self into something I could come back to. But to promise money and get out of town teams to travel on short notice and not pay is rediculos. With 1916 views of this thread and no explanation or apolagy you can bet that the money is long gone.

As a spectator at the races on 8/4 I would like to thank all the drivers for putting on a good show.I would like to especially thank all the out of town drivers who came for this event.Many have said they would race for no purse and for the love of racing and you are to be commended as it looks like that is what you did on 8/4.Again thank you.

First off I hadn't said anything mainly because all I was to recieve was a $30 card, with that said I was kinda surprised that we had not gotten paid yet. For the most part I just wrote it off but I got a call from Shelma today never talked to her before nor anyone at J&S and was told that not only was I going to recieve the $30 that they would give an additional amount for the inconvienence. Now I will believe it when I see it but I think there is a little light at the end of the tunnel and I think they learned thier lesson. I hope the others that came down got the same or similar phonecall...

Marc Roy

#24 THR Thunderstock

I have removed several posts in this thread.

Texas Speed Zone is not a bash site. I have let a certain amount of dissatisfaction be expressed, but please, stop the name calling and bashing of individuals.

Also, this business of bashing each other's Corpus Christi tracks is not was this site is for. If you have a problem with a particular track or individual, please take it up with them.

Nick Holt

• 3 weeks later...
I got a call from Shelma today never talked to her before nor anyone at J&S and was told that not only was I going to recieve the $30 that they would give an additional amount for the inconvienence. Now I will believe it when I see it but I think there is a little light at the end of the tunnel and I think they learned thier lesson. I hope the others that came down got the same or similar phonecall....

Marc Roy

#24 THR Thunderstock

I never got a call. :( What gives???? That light you saw was a train coming. Hope you got outa the way. B)

That is also what the Corpus locals were told at the last race we had here. That they would get the August 4th money and also a gas card(dont know how much of a gas card) for the inconvience.The drivers including my children are still waiting.

Archived