Poor Mike Riley

Jason

The no beer in the pits is a deal breaker, even Curt Busch had a beer of his sponcer in NASCAR, this policeing thebeer has been going on from day one, only then it was called moon shine, everyone likes to have a beer or two after the races, the only way to police it is your pit buddys who pit next to you and other drivers , eliminating beer in the pits is stupid, all over the country they have a beer after the races, if you are a offender during the races you will get cought eventualy, and then appropriate messures will be done. I just think that is a stupid rule AFTER the races.jmo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oldtimer you have to throw out slicks cause there is no slicks. Im sure if GB had some good new slicks it would be back to chasing him. I dont take nothin away from GB he is a good driver. I just got off the phone with Will and me and him talked about racing there in the next feew weeks. The only reason Ihavent yet was 1. we showed up to help Will set his car up before the season even got under way and as soon as we walked through the gates we were hounded. Now new oweners maybe that will change. 2. I am leading points right now and im not gonna take a risk at getting my car messed up or using my motor when I dont have to. But I have watch a few races this year and GB is dominate so I wanna see what I got for him. If you need help with air pressures you can PM me ill do my best to help ya. See sometime or anther for a race.

THATS PART OF MY POINT .WE FOUND

OUT LAST YEAR THAT THOSE STREET TIRES ADD A WHOLE DIFFERENT DIMENTION TO THE EQUATION OF WHAT YOU HAVE FOR SET UP ... LESS HEAT BUILD UP . SIDE ROLE .TAKES DIFFERENT AIR PRESSURE AND A BUNCH MORE OTHER FACTERS IN PLACE ..DRIVER FEEL ..IF IT WASNT A BIG DIFFERENTS BETWEEN STREET AND SLICKS ..WE WOULD ALL BE HAPPY ..SO I HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL . SAME WHEN YOUR BROTHER RAN SLICKS HE HAD TO GO TO SCHOOL TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HE HAD TO DO ..THATS WHY HE ASKED US .TO HELP .AND THATS WHY I ASK YOU TO HELP ..SO PM COMEING .. ;)

We thought about going and watching the show.....but we decided to race instead. Went to the valley and raced at RGS. Got 4th in the feature and it paid $200 that night (not $30) and when the features were over we set in tech and drank BEER and shot the bull. Glad we made the trip to McCallen. Thanks Johnny and crew. My inlaws (5 fans) were at CCMS to watch but as stated they apperantly weren't supporting the track due to there being DIRT fans. They wanted to go have a cold one with friends in the pits afterwards but were told they couldn't. Two tracks can survive in CC if they are properly operated and the rain gods cooperate. We'll see how the NEW pit beer policy go's but I don't see that lasting. I'm going to buy stock in plastic cups.

Jason,

You have more fans on here than anyone. 95% of the people on here can't take a JOKE. Most have forgotten (or didn't know) that you started this site and made it what it is today. You even picked on us FARMERS at the dirt track until you seen the light. Come by this week at the track after the races ($1000 TO WIN Mods and Lim Mods) and I'll give you a cold beer. Wait a second, didn't you and your bro drink all my beer last week.

We thought about going and watching the show.....but we decided to race instead. Went to the valley and raced at RGS. Got 4th in the feature and it paid $200 that night (not $30) and when the features were over we set in tech and drank BEER and shot the bull. Glad we made the trip to McCallen. Thanks Johnny and crew. My inlaws (5 fans) were at CCMS to watch but as stated they apperantly weren't supporting the track due to there being DIRT fans. They wanted to go have a cold one with friends in the pits afterwards but were told they couldn't. Two tracks can survive in CC if they are properly operated and the rain gods cooperate. We'll see how the NEW pit beer policy go's but I don't see that lasting. I'm going to buy stock in plastic cups.

Jason,

You have more fans on here than anyone. 95% of the people on here can't take a JOKE. Most have forgotten (or didn't know) that you started this site and made it what it is today. You even picked on us FARMERS at the dirt track until you seen the light. Come by this week at the track after the races ($1000 TO WIN Mods and Lim Mods) and I'll give you a cold beer. Wait a second, didn't you and your bro drink all my beer last week.

How about I bring you a 12 pack and you meet me in Odem with your 4x4 so we can pull my trailer and car out of what is now the nueces river??????????????

The no beer in the pits is a deal breaker, even Curt Busch had a beer of his sponcer in NASCAR, this policeing thebeer has been going on from day one, only then it was called moon shine, everyone likes to have a beer or two after the races, the only way to police it is your pit buddys who pit next to you and other drivers , eliminating beer in the pits is stupid, all over the country they have a beer after the races, if you are a offender during the races you will get cought eventualy, and then appropriate messures will be done. I just think that is a stupid rule AFTER the races.jmo

This tells me that you would rather drink beer than race....

Using Kurt Bush as an example is good. Didn't he get a DWI here a while back. In fact, wasn't that the straw that broke the camel's back and got him released from Rouch?

I've buried three friends this year to drunk drivers, so maybe my take on it isn't quite the same as everyone else's.

Racer26,

I know Jason started this sight, and I thank him for that.

I also understand he started his own business and is doing well with it. I respect him for that.

But, I sometimes get tired of his sniveling.

kurt passed the field test........never got a dui. he was taking to the station for more test which he passed , you could say he was hauled away for being a jerk.

he was alredy released from roush 10 races before that (for the up coming season ) , jack just did'nt let him run the last two.

he was made an honorary deputy for the county sheriff at the last phoenix race weekend.

This tells me that you would rather drink beer than race....

Using Kurt Bush as an example is good. Didn't he get a DWI here a while back. In fact, wasn't that the straw that broke the camel's back and got him released from Rouch?

I've buried three friends this year to drunk drivers, so maybe my take on it isn't quite the same as everyone else's.

Rosie,

I lost an old high school friend about 2 weeks ago to the same thing. He was driving home from a bar very intoxicated and flipped his ranger multiple times. The people that were there with him should have stopped him but they didn't. He was thrown from the vehicle as it flipped and died there on the scene. Thankfully he didn't injure or kill anyone else.

There is nothing wrong with going into the pits and having a few beers after the races as long as you are responsible. Just know when you've had enough.

J

No offense, but the no-beer rule for even after the races is just kind of silly..jmo

I might add that everyone seems so concerned about the racers/crews drinking a few beers after the races, and there safety upon driving home, and yet no one has mentioned anything about the fans that have consumed all those beers during the races and are now driving home. Frankly, if its not okay for the drivers/crews to drink a few after the races, then why not just stop selling any alcohol period during the races? :P

I spent many a night enjoying cold beer after the races at CC Speedway. The fans are able to enjoy a few cold ones in the stands. It would be nice if the drivers could as well. So I am in agreement with Jason on the matter. Nothing wrong with it as long as you are responsible. Hopefully, the new owner will give it a second thought and give it a chance.

great rule by shelma and james, no need to drink after the races in the pits. usually tempers are already boiling, adding beer in the mix can make it alot worse. there is plenty of time to drink on sunday.

This is a tough rule, but a good one. The drivers also need to remember that sometimes there are kids that go back in the pits to meet them, and what kind of impression are they getting??

Plus, a lot of the drivers travel a good distance, and they need to be sure to load up their cars and get home safely.

Just my 2 cents....

the main point i believe they wont let beer in is for the kids .its one thing for a parent to drink in front ..its another for a racer ....i know ill get bashed for this .but what the hey ..i used to drink ..alot ..and when working on on race cars we did not have beer around ..and i agree some poeple are responsible . drinkers and should not be punished for it ..but ive seen fans and some pit crews that had thier car broke early come out of the stands and get involved after a few more beer.s with thier friends after drinking in the stands and all hell breaks loose from that ..cant always stop that but alittle less booze and it may help ..im not against beer . beer dont make you drunk ..you do ..but i see what they are trying to do ..

I see some good reasons in this rule. I know it is a tradition to drink beer in the pits after the races, but they are the owners and that is how they want it. The insurance is very strict on things like this. I agree with Shelma and James and believe they did an absolute outstanding job this weekend. I have already seen a big difference.

For the ones that demand beer after the races and the ones that are complaining about this rule. I have an idea. Buy some land down the street. Build a bar and go there after the races to drink your beer. This is just like your house. Some are actually trying to maintain something in a very likely manner.

Thank you James and Shelma for the great fun and everything ya'll have done already.

The no beer in the pits has been in force at most all tracks for years as well as no ice chests,but rarely has it been enforced beyond the unwritten rule that most people go by about waiting until all of the races are over not just your race. Don't get me wrong, I am not implying that it was not the case last weekend, I was not there,just stating my past experiences elsewhere.

This tells me that you would rather drink beer than race..

THATS A STUPID STAEMENT, WE RACE FIRST THEN HAVE A BEER OR TWO, dont think anyone said lets all have a beer and then go race.

Randy , you said a big ol tall beer, that will bring oldguy out of the woods for sure, wont it,lol,lol :D:rolleyes:

Archived