Poor Mike Riley

Jason

I heard Mikey Riley was forced to pour out his SPONSOR'S product after the races were over in the pits. NOBODY does this to Mike Riley. Hes kind of a big deal and is on the news more than Dale Nelson. He's a rolemodel. He's a hero. He's MIKE RILEY. People were in shock as they witnessed this heinous act. It was truely a sad site.

Also heard Owen Pittman supported the show but was forced to do the same. Now Owen isn't as big of a deal as Riley is but still... We are all very shocked by these events.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard Mikey Riley was forced to pour out his SPONSOR'S product after the races were over in the pits. NOBODY does this to Mike Riley. Hes kind of a big deal and is on the news more than Dale Nelson. He's a rolemodel. He's a hero. He's MIKE RILEY. People were in shock as they witnessed this heinous act. It was truely a sad site.

Also heard Owen Pittman supported the show but was forced to do the same. Now Owen isn't as big of a deal as Riley is but still... We are all very shocked by these events.

WE did not allow Beer in the pit area, So if they were asked to pour it out or it was taken away , then that is our rules. As for Owen supporting the track, he was there but he did not SUPPORT THE SHOW.. He was there as a spectator, and brought drinks and food as everyone did.... and Thank You.. I don't know Mike Riley...

Owen I heard went to buy beer to bring in.. as we did run out.. we had a crowd... and Owen was not allowed...

THERE IS A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN AND THEY HAVE NEW RULES .... SOME WONT LIKE THEM ..BUT I CAN SEE WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO DO ...FAN FRENDLY .. THIS JUST SHOWS YOU THEY WANT EVERY DRIVER AND TEAM MEMBER TO MAKE IT HOME AS SAFE AS CAN BE ASWELL.

Yea its the same couple of people that like busting my balls on here. Your lives must really suck considering you don't have a sense of humor.

WE did not allow Beer in the pit area, So if they were asked to pour it out or it was taken away , then that is our rules. As for Owen supporting the track, he was there but he did not SUPPORT THE SHOW.. He was there as a spectator, and brought drinks and food as everyone did.... and Thank You.. I don't know Mike Riley...

Owen I heard went to buy beer to bring in.. as we did run out.. we had a crowd... and Owen was not allowed...

News flash....every spectator that was there supported the show.

Yea its the same couple of people that like busting my balls on here. Your lives must really suck considering you don't have a sense of humor.

hey txenergy, ,so what your saying if a FAN goes to a football game or a baseball game,nascar their not there to support there team or driver.the new ccspeedway will be short lived with that kind of attitude.

txenergy,

I am curious to know what your definition of "SUPPORTING THE SHOW" is...

I would think that all of us who were there last night at CCSpeedway, buying food, drinks, and beer not to mention paying to get in were being supprtive of your show. My understanding is that, that is exactly what Owen did. If you have a different opinion of "SUPPORT" we would all love to hear it.

I am not sure I understand the "NO BEER" in the pits rule but it's their track and that gives them the right to make the rules .. As everyone knows you aint breaking the rules till you get caught , well you'll got caught.

I have never been to a track that we couldn't drink beer in the pits after the races and I think the rule is stupid. Lots of friends and fans hang out and drink a beer or two after the races and Bull sh&t . But like I said it's their track and their rules so that's the way it goes.

The thing is rules can be changed if they choose to do so. Anyone just starting to run a track will make mistakes and learn from them. It's good to see CCSW is going to be around for those who want to race asphalt . Good luck Selma and James.

Jason,

It may be darker than some and more twisted than most, but I do have a sense of humor...

And I do agree with you that all the spectators there were supporting the show.

To an extent, I can see the "No Beer in the Pits" rule.

I read that it should be OK if it was consumed after racing.

Sounds good. How do you intend to police that?

From a strictly safety point of view, I find it hard to believe any racer would want to be on the track with another driver that had a few beers in him.

Or race against a car worked on by someone like that...

And the way some people are crying about this rule, I'm inclined to think some believe the beer is more important than the safety of the racers...

I'm probably full of crap, but you know what they say about opinions....

Most everyone thinks having a dirt track and an asphalt track in CC is a good thing.

There are a few, however, who feel obligated to start problems with one or the other of the two tracks here on Texas Speed Zone. This is not a good thing. Even though the people raising a stink may feel they are "helping their own track," in reality all they are doing is hurting racing overall in South Texas.

TXSZ has supported Owen on here ever since TXSZ began, no matter whether he was with TAMS, CCMS or STS. Likewise, TXSZ has supported CC Speedway no matter who was running the track at the time.

But I probably have been too lax in letting some of this "downing each other's track" stuff to go. I guess I was just trying to let everyone have their say as long as they didn't overstep the TXSZ guidelines, but this stuff is getting out of hand.

I don't know all the ins and outs of the political/personal feuds taking place between the tracks, and frankly, I don't want to get involved on either side. But if I detect that a post or a thread was designed to bad mouth the other track, I will be editing or deleting as appropriate.

On the other hand, most people on here show support for both tracks. This is the way it should be.

Nick

Most everyone thinks having a dirt track and an asphalt track in CC is a good thing.

There are a few, however, who feel obligated to start problems with one or the other of the two tracks here on Texas Speed Zone. This is not a good thing. Even though the people raising a stink may feel they are "helping their own track," in reality all they are doing is hurting racing overall in South Texas.

TXSZ has supported Owen on here ever since TXSZ began, no matter whether he was with TAMS, CCMS or STS. Likewise, TXSZ has supported CC Speedway no matter who was running the track at the time.

But I probably have been too lax in letting some of this "downing each other's track" stuff to go. I guess I was just trying to let everyone have their say as long as they didn't overstep the TXSZ guidelines, but this stuff is getting out of hand.

I don't know all the ins and outs of the political/personal feuds taking place between the tracks, and frankly, I don't want to get involved on either side. But if I detect that a post or a thread was designed to bad mouth the other track, I will be editing or deleting as appropriate.

On the other hand, most people on here show support for both tracks. This is the way it should be.

Nick

I don't see where anyone is downing the track in the post? It started out as a jokingly sarcastic remark. I guess bringing up an issue that needs to be addressed is putting a track down in your eyes. As for the other posts, perhaps the new "track owner" should choose her words a little more carefully? I was there last night and spent money at the track. If I didn't want to support the place I would have gone fishing instead.

J

Nick

I don't see where anyone is downing the track in the post? It started out as a jokingly sarcastic remark. I guess bringing up an issue that needs to be addressed is putting a track down in your eyes. As for the other posts, perhaps the new "track owner" should choose her words a little more carefully? I was there last night and spent money at the track. If I didn't want to support the place I would have gone fishing instead.

J

Not sure where you are in a position to decide what needs to be "addressed",because this certainly doesnt unless you want to debate it with yourself. The track "owner" chooses the words she wishes without your approval,i assure you...if she mis stated it im sure she will correct it,otherwise thats her words of choosing and you wont dictate it being addressed,that being said,i think everyone who attends is supporting that function,not necessarily the site its being performed at,so yes your attendance and that of everyone is appreciated and we want all to support RACING in CC at their site of choice...

i took it as a joke.....

but then again i could be biast,,,,i like jason , i don't brow beat him every time he posted.

this is racing not rocket surgery,,,,,,,we've all become so prim and propper that that we can't be sarcastic? we all take are selfs so serious that we feel insulted if the comment made is not a compiliment? lighten up,,,,,if you think the world revolves around you then go find a cure for cancer....bring peace to the middle east , part the red sea ,or walk on water......until that time have a sense of humor

I thought the rule was implemented due to the insurance policy. I thought that's what I heard in the Drivers Meeting.

I also thought that I could make it thru turns 3 and 4 with out spinning my stupid self out though. I know I was wrong on the 3rd thought, the first two?? Not so sure....

Good to meet you in person "The Real" Monkey Boy. Was also good to see Owen there. Not so sure about that Hog Crapper or Trapper. What ever he calls himself.

I was sorry to hear the dirt track rained out but I want to thank all the STS people,fans and racers who could join us on this inagural event.Speaking for myself it was a pleasure to perform for you.I hope you in the stands enjoyed a nite of relaxation without the duties of running your own show although I know you WOULD rather be racing.Its odd,last year on opening nite for CC Speedway the asphalt got rained out and several of us went to STS and raced because the rained missed the dirt track.I have raced both tracks and have had heated battles at both.I also am a big fan of all the classes at both tracks.I just wish they were closer.

I understand the no booze in the pits at all but I also am disappointed to a small degree.I enjoyed a sip after the races but you know theres always someone who has to indulge before the end and that is impossible to police so this policy is the next best control.

I have been involved in racing for 37 years and I must say I am totally impressed with the ability to get such a grand show in such a short time.In less than 2 weeks and for the Dwarf cars only 24 hours notice we had good racing.I especially want to thank CC Speedway for adding more lights.I CAN SEE AGAIN!!!

Nick,this is the second or third time I have talked to you in person and not realized who you are.I apologise but thanks for the compliment on Thumpers suspension.Thumper had a good time too and it was good to see so many people from the past.It was like a reunion.If the Super Streets dont want that 50$,Thumper would be happy to take it off your hands.

Thank you Yocum family,McCreasy family,Skinner family,fire crew,and everyone involved in making an old man happy.Welcome new owners and thanks for keeping the magic of CC Speedway alive. PEACE

G.B you need to run with the Super Streets your car is way to fast for anyone on that track last night in the Thunders. Will has a fast car and i dont think he even stood a chance at beating you. Heck I dont think I have a chance at beating your car. Its funny cause last time we watched you race your car didnt sound like that at all and as soon as a fast car is in the picture that VW becomes a rocket ship. Oldtimer your cars dont even stand a chance. I might just have to see how fast my car really is in the weeks to come. Good race though. Dont take this personal its not to down grade you or any other car out there. ;)

G.B you need to run with the Super Streets your car is way to fast for anyone on that track last night in the Thunders. Will has a fast car and i dont think he even stood a chance at beating you. Heck I dont think I have a chance at beating your car. Its funny cause last time we watched you race your car didnt sound like that at all and as soon as a fast car is in the picture that VW becomes a rocket ship. Oldtimer your cars dont even stand a chance. I might just have to see how fast my car really is in the weeks to come. Good race though. Dont take this personal its not to down grade you or any other car out there. ;)

NOT TAKEN ANYTHING PERSONAL TIM ..HE HAS A VERY FAST CAR .AND YOU CANT TAKE THAT AWAY ....YOUR JUST ALITTLE OFF WITH US NOT HAVEING ANYTHING FOR HIM ..IT WILL TAKE US SOME RACES TO CATCH UP WITH NEW SET UPS FOR STREET TIRES .SLICKS HE HAS TO CHASE US ... CAR SET UP FOR THOSE ..BUT YOU CAN HELP US GET UP TO HIM WHEN WE BRING OUT THE OTHER CAR WITH TIRE PRESSURE AND SUCH ..HAVE OUR WORK CUT OUT ...THE 28 DID WHAT WE WANTED HER TO DO ..FIRST NIGHT OUT IN OVER TWO YEARS .NEW SET UP .NEW TYPE OF TIRES .NEW MOTOR .BENT FRAME .SHE DIDNT HIT THE THROTTLE ALL THE WAY DOWN .ALL NIGHT .AND THAT WAS A GOOD THING .MEANS I DIDNT HAVE TO WORK ON BROKEN OR BENT PARTS .SO WE HAD A GOOD NIGHT AND A FUN ONE ..FRIDAY NIGHT THAT CAR WOULD NOT TURN WITH OUT SPINNING EVEN AT SLOW SPEED . IT CAME ALONG WAY SATERDAY AFTER ADJUSTMENTS ...STILL SOME WORK TO DO ..BUT WE WILL GET IT THERE ...ANYWAY WIN THAT CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE DIRT AND THEN YOU CAN PLAY WITH US ..

Archived