Pit passes

I withdraw my comment since everyone thinks it is just crying about nothing. I drive to Kyle every race weekend to race. We haven't won any money at all since we have been up there but we still go. It is not about the money. I guess nobody understands this at all.

We pay $25.00 at South Texas Speedway for pit passes and would pay more if needed because you get your pit pass back if you make 1 lap in feature. I am not in this for the money, but we all need a place to race and $5.00 extra a week to race should not break you. Just my opinion!

Bobby Jack

OK my comment is regarding pit passes being 25 bucks. I am not bashing, disrespecting or any other thing of that manner. I went to the meeting that Shelma held and the one thing I remember is what she said about racers paying. I'm not going to qoute her but she said the racers are the show so why make them pay a bunch to race. 25 is not bad but I think for the racers is should be better than that, considering THEY ARE THE SHOW.

Just my two cents.

With the fan count you currently have at the track it most likly takes the pit gate money to help complete your "pay out" so as Bobby Jack said, you really get it back.....Anything less and you'll be using that $25.00 for fuel to drive to Corpus Christi, Edna or who knows where.

My "2 1/2 cents"

Suggestion:

In order to draw drivers and crew. what about offering $5 in tokens for every paid pit pass for the concession stand. I know you loose $5, but as an incentive for drivers and crew it's a little payback of sorts for coming to race...

OK my comment is regarding pit passes being 25 bucks. I am not bashing, disrespecting or any other thing of that manner. I went to the meeting that Shelma held and the one thing I remember is what she said about racers paying. I'm not going to qoute her but she said the racers are the show so why make them pay a bunch to race. 25 is not bad but I think for the racers is should be better than that, considering THEY ARE THE SHOW.

Just my two cents.

$25 isn't so bad. Some tracks charge $25 for car, $25 for the driver. Cost's you $50 bucks to enter the show, so I wouldn't be to upset about what most of us would consider a minor increase.

I withdraw my comment since everyone thinks it is just crying about nothing. I drive to Kyle every race weekend to race. We haven't won any money at all since we have been up there but we still go. It is not about the money. I guess nobody understands this at all.

My whole point is what Shelma said. That we shouldn't be charged that much because we are the show. It wasn't meant to piss anyone off are to have someone being pissed off at me. Just a simple comment about what Shelma SAID. So everybody just needs to chill out.

Looks like someone's feeler's got hurt! Relax man, your tracks got a new owner who cares. Be thankful you have a track to race at.

Boy, try to make a suggustion and you come out with bullet holes! :D j/k

Ok, let me spell it out... The track is getting $25 right? Ok, the track in return gives the driver/crew $5 in tokens for food or drinks at the concession. The track is in a since losing $5, but one or two people from each team that might have sat in the stands is now in the pits based on the fact that the track gave $5 in concessions.

Sorry for thinking outside YOUR box...

Mark

You need to realize that at most tracks that is also covering racers insurance. That is why everybody including children pay the same. I'm sure they will have insurance as most reputable tracks do. All that money is not just going in their pockets.

True True This isnt a sport about money if anything you spend more than what you want to spend!!! its for the fun not the money. but for the ones who arent racing But still going in the pits <Young Kids> "hint hint" Shouldn't have to pay this full Price or if they do hook them up with something thats cool or for them

Ya i never thought about that but i dont think itll take that much for insurence will it?

25 is fine for us elders but what about our young once is there some way you can drop the prices for them by maybe 5 or 10

I think this is a great suggestion. We have 3 kids, which love being around the race scene and their dad. A lower admission cost into the pits would allow for us to spend even more "family" time together.

Great Idea!!

Pink, not saying you dont, but if you want to bring in you kids to the pits control them, throwing a football back and forth in the lane of exit just is stupid, Greg Dinsmorre have the best kids, dont even know there there, but people come on........... you bring your kids to the pits with high powered race cars .......WATCH THEM........., the pits is not the baby sitter, they run in front of you and dont watch....jmo

Pink, not saying you dont, but if you want to bring in you kids to the pits control them, throwing a football back and forth in the lane of exit just is stupid, Greg Dinsmorre have the best kids, dont even know there there, but people come on........... you bring your kids to the pits with high powered race cars .......WATCH THEM........., the pits is not the baby sitter, they run in front of you and dont watch....jmo

JMO, until you have a reason to believe that my kids are causing trouble, don't go there. My kids know better than to get into traffic, plus 2 of them are young enough they don't go anywhere without an adult, anyway. Additionally, I don't expect the pits to babysit my kids, I am quite capable, thank you.

The track insurance is very expensive. I am as big a family person as anybody. I do not allow my young kids in the pits. I just believe it is not a safe place for them. I have seen plenty of overheating cars blow radiator hoses off and spray hot water on the pit area two cars over. I would feel awful if my kids got hit with scalding water. Yes they would like to come in the pits but they end up playing and watching the races from the stands and have just as much fun. To give kids a discount to come in the pits would be ridiculous.

The track insurance is very expensive. I am as big a family person as anybody. I do not allow my young kids in the pits. I just believe it is not a safe place for them. I have seen plenty of overheating cars blow radiator hoses off and spray hot water on the pit area two cars over. I would feel awful if my kids got hit with scalding water. Yes they would like to come in the pits but they end up playing and watching the races from the stands and have just as much fun. To give kids a discount to come in the pits would be ridiculous.

If you'll notice, my first thought was that the lower price was a good idea. I did not say that I would take them into the pits everytime. I totally agree with all concerns listed, but like I said, until my kids give you a reason to point out their behavior, don't go there. Let's start with the ones that are already running around without supervision!!!

Besides, what would be the difference taking them in if I was paying $25 now. Is there an age limit rule currently in place?

Hell my kids are my pit crew (at home). Before any child can enter the pits you must first sign a minors release. After that it's up to the parents to be parents. When you race out of town and don't have anyone to watch your kids you have to have them with you. Now days there's to many wierdo's out there that will grab your kids so you can't leave them in the stands unsupervised.

RGS in the valley lets kids in free. Helps the out of town cars that travel down. There even free for the big show in December.

Archived